Estes | Estes Drivers Departing

No upset her Steve5, we just had a little quarrel with someone else, not a big deal. Good to hear someone else on hear.

steve5 said:
GI was one of the best paying if not the best non union company I left just before the Estes take over. I was only there a year so it was easy to leave but for guys like Gearshifter with 20 to 30 years its not an easy decision to make. I'm not trying to cause trouble and if I upset any one I will not post here again.
Steve welcome to the boards good comment it is a very hard decision but We well see what I can get look forward to more posts from you:bgroovy:

What a surprise!!!! I finally make it back to truckingboards and DRIVERMAN is still coming out with the same WEAK takes!!! I've asked him before and I'll ask him again. Where are your comparisons? Give us examples to back your opinions up!!!!!
Yes, the hourly and per mile compensation has increased but how do you explain overtime after 55 hours??? Does Estes have a pension??? Did G.I. have a pension??? Dude, you can't run from me!! I know where you blog your ridiculous opinions!!!!

Yes but he trying to change his ways take care MR VIKING little info some good friends climbed onboard the black ship I wish them well I'm still waiting to hear something from someone:bgroovy: :smilie_132: :smilies-19296:

gearshifter said:
Yes but he trying to change his ways take care MR VIKING little info some good friends climbed onboard the black ship I wish them well I'm still waiting to hear something from someone:smilies-19296:

"the black ship" :bgroovy: :bgroovy: Thats great to hear, I hope it works out well from them. Good luck to you as well gearshifter!! :bgroovy:

MR.Viking said:
"the black ship" :bgroovy: :bgroovy: Thats great to hear, I hope it works out well from them. Good luck to you as well gearshifter!!
Ya he is looking forward on getting started. Today they let him go. He gave the company a 2 week notice on Monday and when he finished his run today they handed him his check and the TM said we no longer need your services bye. They have know idea what that says to a person they were mad before this is more fuel for the fire:chairshot: :bgroovy: You know over here in Texas when they do that I hear you can claim unemployement I'll let that be know soon

I cant believe he wasnt allowed to run his notice. Is this an Estes (former GI)driver? That kind of crap is pulled Watkins, or Conway. Everyone I know that has left Estes in the past ,including me ,has had a notice requested of them and it was honored.

Yeah, roadpig, I heard he was an ex-GI from somewhere out west coast. Guess their just trying to send a message. What the message is I guess is up to each individual. More and more we are seeing contract drivers going up and down the roads. Today alone, 10 of 11 seen on run were contract. I guess that sends a message that they can't hire enough drivers. Right now there are more Estes trucks out west than Estes drivers. The contract carriers at this point are not for abundance of freight. So, I guess if their package was so wonderful, why don't they have drivers to fill the trucks and move the freight. LOOK OUT SCHOOLS ---- HERE COMES ESTES RECRUITING. Ah, but don't worry, you'll become a driver trainer in 6 months like Swift and get to wear that nifty patch! Are their triples drivers getting additional pay? I heard the overweight doubles up turnpike area get .04 per mile additional.

roadpig said:
I cant believe he wasnt allowed to run his notice. Is this an Estes (former GI)driver? That kind of crap is pulled Watkins, or Conway. Everyone I know that has left Estes in the past ,including me ,has had a notice requested of them and it was honored.
Roadpig he was a GI/ESTES WEST driver and he did it right and was told to go 2 days later that is a new one on us here in the West didn't think Estes was that way:bgroovy:

MTHelmet said:
Yeah, roadpig, I heard he was an ex-GI from somewhere out west coast. Guess their just trying to send a message. What the message is I guess is up to each individual. More and more we are seeing contract drivers going up and down the roads. Today alone, 10 of 11 seen on run were contract. I guess that sends a message that they can't hire enough drivers. Right now there are more Estes trucks out west than Estes drivers. The contract carriers at this point are not for abundance of freight. So, I guess if their package was so wonderful, why don't they have drivers to fill the trucks and move the freight. LOOK OUT SCHOOLS ---- HERE COMES ESTES RECRUITING. Ah, but don't worry, you'll become a driver trainer in 6 months like Swift and get to wear that nifty patch! Are their triples drivers getting additional pay? I heard the overweight doubles up turnpike area get .04 per mile additional.
That's what I heard also :bgroovy:

Thats just wrong to drop someone out like that. I hope it was an isolated incident. Makes me wonder if management isnt getting too aggressive since the merger. Maybe some TMs trying to send a message like MTHelmet says.:hide:

gearshifter said:
Ya he is looking forward on getting started. Today they let him go. He gave the company a 2 week notice on Monday and when he finished his run today they handed him his check and the TM said we no longer need your services bye. They have know idea what that says to a person they were mad before this is more fuel for the fire:chairshot: :bgroovy: You know over here in Texas when they do that I hear you can claim unemployement I'll let that be know soon

Gearshifter... other employees will notice that kind of treatment especially if it happens to someone who always did it right. I can't say I'm surprised Estes's reputation was always one of being cheap and mistreating employees. Luckly I don't work for Estes's but if I did, you can bet I'd have the labor board on my speed dial!! :nutkick:

Let's others know not to give notice, just call in after cashing out your vacation time and say, by the way, I'm not coming back.

FM

gearshifter said:
Roadpig he was a GI/ESTES WEST driver and he did it right and was told to go 2 days later that is a new one on us here in the West didn't think Estes was that way:bgroovy:
Hey, gearshifter who are we talking about here?:duh:

gearshifter said:
I herd about him the other night if it is the guy I think it is, and if it is the TM kinda burned another driver and I got him in over here.

steve5 said:
I herd about him the other night if it is the guy I think it is, and if it is the TM kinda burned another driver and I got him in over here.
IDY Let me say I heard once he turned in on paper he was leaving that opened the door for anything. He has no recourse cause they paid him everything he had coming to him also pay for the last days he should of worked. Not so bad but it gives drivers more to talk about don't get me wrong I don't like it. But he has free time before getting his Purple uniforms. :bgroovy: :smilie_132: