Estes | Estes Drivers Departing

FYI, if his notice was a "written notice" and they did that to him, he is entitled to the two weeks payed!!! But if it was verbal, then he is screwed.

I work for estes in the noarth east have had better jobs and much worst jobs. I don't know whats going on out there in the west but those guys don't seem happy sure hope it all settles out for them.

three more left RIV they are bringing on more contract power to move freight but service is failing also Estes sleeper drivers making their way to the West

gearshifter said:
three more left RIV they are bringing on more contract power to move freight but service is failing also Estes sleeper drivers making their way to the West
What going on in SEA? Their looking for HELP! Big time!:Pick-Me:

jawn113 said:
What going on in SEA? Their looking for HELP! Big time!:Pick-Me:
From what I gather from the sign up list they are buried with freight not uncommon for Sea they have had a history of this happening can't hire anyone I would guess who knows Management keeps it a secret like we haven't heard:duh: :duh:

Estes Is Just Waiting To Get Rid Of All Of The Former Gi Drivers So They Can Bring On Guys Who Know How To Drive From What I Heard

NIGHTDRIVER said:
Estes Is Just Waiting To Get Rid Of All Of The Former Gi Drivers So They Can Bring On Guys Who Know How To Drive From What I Heard

Thats what you heard?? From what source? I think you mean so they can bring on guys for half price!!:duh:

NIGHTDRIVER said:
What the hell is wrong with you Driverman? Or should I ask what's right with you? :nutkick:

NIGHTDRIVER said:
If you had any idea what the safety recoreds were at Gi you would of not said anything of sort. It blows out Estes by far yes they have safe drivers but we as a whole just out number them by far so like what was said replace us with half pay drivers

Hey Jawn, I believe that was Nightdriver NOT Driverman with that comment.

Anyway, those comments just let us GI's justify our national safety awards, accident free time and the such. We had a lot of internal problems, no arguing that, but Estes does not and will probable never touch GI's driver award ratio. So stick that Nightdriver.

Hey Driverman, come on back. Has your schedule and your HD route improved? Anyway, I don't believe that last comment was meant for you, I think he meant Nightdriver. Let us know what's up and will look forward to hearing from you.

Well, Nightdriver, with your past comments you obviously have a knowledge of the past with GI. Kinda like a management dude. With that knowledge, you should know that Estes has been controlling GI's wages for years, including when THEY created the 2 tier system after taking the pension away from them. Yeah, p&d wages went up with the buyout, but of course overtime was taken away and the attitude of going to each state to see what they can legally take from the employee really helped too. Attitude, misinformation and abrasiveness toward the ex GI's is probably the number one reason their is problems. But considering what has happened to the wage structure, how come they still can't get p&d's or linehauls in the door to handle the freight? Over 200 drivers short, more contractors. Hmmm, must be doing a lot of right things eh? Well, there are truck driving schools to recruit from. That should help their safety record huh?

wilkathow said:
I work for estes in the noarth east have had better jobs and much worst jobs. I don't know whats going on out there in the west but those guys don't seem happy sure hope it all settles out for them.
Welcome wilkathow. Good to hear a neutral sensible comment. Yeah theres a lot to be upset about out west. Sure there is some good from the buyout. Yes, there is a lot of bad. Primarily there was a lot of optimism with the GI's that there would be a better management style, more responsiblity on the employees including from TM and Dispatch on down to drivers, dockworkers, etc. There were lots of internal problems with GI and the hope was that Estes would bring in a more streamlined operation. At this point, it is true for the most part. But just as most places now, the driver/p&d/dockworker input is just ignored. Also the attitude as I stated before of going state to state with there lawyers to see how far they can go against the employees is extremely negative. Should just make a policy system wide and treat all fairly. Could go on, but enough for now.

MTHelmet said:
Hey Driverman, come on back. Has your schedule and your HD route improved? Anyway, I don't believe that last comment was meant for you, I think he meant Nightdriver. Let us know what's up and will look forward to hearing from you.
Ya Drivermann hope things have burst and your hours have increased and not having to work weekends that bad news:bgroovy: :smilie_132:

MTHelmet said:
Well, Nightdriver, with your past comments you obviously have a knowledge of the past with GI. Kinda like a management dude. With that knowledge, you should know that Estes has been controlling GI's wages for years, including when THEY created the 2 tier system after taking the pension away from them. Yeah, p&d wages went up with the buyout, but of course overtime was taken away and the attitude of going to each state to see what they can legally take from the employee really helped too. Attitude, misinformation and abrasiveness toward the ex GI's is probably the number one reason their is problems. But considering what has happened to the wage structure, how come they still can't get p&d's or linehauls in the door to handle the freight? Over 200 drivers short, more contractors. Hmmm, must be doing a lot of right things eh? Well, there are truck driving schools to recruit from. That should help their safety record huh?
Yes that's about how it went down :nutkick: