Estes | Estes Drivers Departing

gearshifter said:
Skeeter you must of forgot over 20 yrs service and I have put feeleres out just waiting for responses no luck yet Thanks for asking:bgroovy:

Hey OXY, I mean Gearshifter, why don't you let Skeeter know your locale. Obviously some of us are in smaller terminal areas for hiring. But thanks for letting us feel wanted Skeeter, I'm sure you will be seeing alot more of us. Plenty have already gone to the DARK SIDE (big purple).

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
maybe fedex will buy estes then i can stop running line haul on the weekends and still get a decent pay check
I wouldn't wait for that to happen, just keep doing your job and putting in Applications elswhere, it'll happen for you sooner or later.

This day and age you have to look out for your family and yourself, co pride is great, but it doesn't pay the bills, you will be just as proud at a co that will get you the hours or pay you desire.

Good luck, it'll happen.

FM

MTHelmet said:
Hey OXY, I mean Gearshifter, why don't you let Skeeter know your locale. Obviously some of us are in smaller terminal areas for hiring. But thanks for letting us feel wanted Skeeter, I'm sure you will be seeing alot more of us. Plenty have already gone to the DARK SIDE (big purple).
I know skeeter and he is at UPS FREIGHT and he is very happy :bgroovy:

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
maybe fedex will buy estes then i can stop running line haul on the weekends and still get a decent pay check
Driverman keep up on the stats of work and hope things get better for you very frustated I'm sure Take care:bgroovy:

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
dallas texas location just hired 10 sleeper teams to go to calf and back to dallas
That is good for the company and remove contract power. So I guess the teams that have come west are doing better I heard they were unhappy and wanted to leave Estes just more bad rumors

Gearshifter, you need some valium for your jumpy smileys, they make me tired just watching them. Have fun at work tonite, I will probably have to get some sleep myself.

MTHelmet said:
Gearshifter, you need some valium for your jumpy smileys, they make me tired just watching them. Have fun at work tonite, I will probably have to get some sleep myself.
:woohoo1: :jiggy: :woohoo1: :jiggy: here is some more

gearshifter said:
Well it's happened now since they cut that driver loose early after his notice guys are just quitting without any hints. Purple has got a lot of good drivers recently good luck guys:smilie_132: :wavey:
Hey guys like I said in post #81 of this thread, it's also happened at Fedex. We're not really required to give any company notice. It's just out of courtesy to give one if you do. It's up to the company to honor it or not. As long as that guy got everything that was due to him. I'm sure he's happy where he is now. :1036316054:

gearshifter said:
Three leave LMI no warning :smilie_132: good luck
That's the risk the co takes when they don't honor a 2 week notice, why would you put yourself in a position of losing income just to make it easier for them to have time to hire someone knowing they might walk you to the gate the same day then your out 2 weeks pay.

The only ones I know of in STL (*FXFE*) that were walked to the gate same day are the ones that were terminated, not that quit and gave notice, as far as I know they have honored notice.

FM

Just to clarify though, the guy in question was paid all due including the two weeks he didn't work. It's a two sided thing, understand the company not wanting him around, but then you feel what's the use when you try to do right and the company just wisks you under the carpet. Oh well, sure he's fine and enjoying new life.

Familyman said:
That's the risk the co takes when they don't honor a 2 week notice, why would you put yourself in a position of losing income just to make it easier for them to have time to hire someone knowing they might walk you to the gate the same day then your out 2 weeks pay.

The only ones I know of in STL (*FXFE*) that were walked to the gate same day are the ones that were terminated, not that quit and gave notice, as far as I know they have honored notice.

FM
That's what my long term Fedex West buddies have said they never heard of that. Usaully if your bad you just get fired.

Good question

ABF workers voted on the NMFA along with the YRC workers in 2008 (unless my memory has really failed me). I would say that that makes us all part of the same contract. The IBT and YRC then subsequently ABF all agreed to open the contract for re-negotiations at some later date(s). What if this is heard by a judge in a non-jury trial and he concludes that ABF should have been included in the original re-negotiations along with YRC. What if he reviews all the numbers and determines that even if 100% of ABF's eligible voters voted against the concessions they would still not have the numbers to outweigh YRC's yes votes?

Does that mean that the employees will have to pay backpay to ABF and the pension fund pay ABF for the contributions they have made since the YRC concessions started and all the Abf retirees have to accept (and pay back)to the pension fund like Yrc retirees have,,,just some thoughts:nono_h4h:

Estes people Mpls/St Paul : Good luck with your new TM. I worked with him 15 years (won't name him here, but last name starts with a K and ends with R), you put it together. I worked under him at his last company when he was asst. TM. All I can tell you is watch your back and buy a good pair of LEATHER UNDERWEAR, if you know what I mean !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: