Estes | Estes Drivers quitting

Wow heavyduty, 631 sounds like a mess. I'm not familiar with that location/ must be a specialized only yard.

Let's get real. City drivers and road drivers aren't interchangeable. Just because a city guy has 10 years in this company doesn't mean that he has ever hooked a set or pulled one or has any experience on the road.

I'm Linehaul. I hired in this way. 10 years from now, I'll be just as clueless as how to operate a handheld as I am today.

I don't understand the multiple levels of bidding, but having a road and city board makes sense to me.

i agree...isn't this the way it use it be here? i just don't get how a driver with less time in the company can bump off somebody with 3x more company time just because of classification.

if they rebid by company time then i see a mass exit of road drivers.

We had to start somewhere,did we not...I can't understand the method of quitting..Why quit..You may have a lesser mileage run than you have now,but time will give it back to you...When I come to Estes the average tenor was around 20 years...Didn't both me..Those guys put in their time...Why should I be pissed at them and quit and have to start over somewhere else...Mind boggling..

try to tell a road driver he or she has to take a city run because a city driver wants to expariment on the road. then the city driver doesnt like it out here waiting to leave. it will screw everthing up bigtime.

Its hard to get a road driver to do anything. They might be wanting to weed those guys out

try to tell a road driver he or she has to take a city run because a city driver wants to expariment on the road. then the city driver doesnt like it out here waiting to leave. it will screw everthing up bigtime.

Conway,FedEx and several more have been doing it for years...Don't see much turnover there..You can have two boards ya know,and still bid by company time...But I do see your point..

I think a few would quit but where are they going to go. Fed Ex and work part time dock? Abf and work on call? Truckload for $700 and stay gone?
Door greeter wallyworld? A lot of drivers have a lot of pride and if they quit, they'll be kicking themselves sooner or later.

Starkravinloon said:
Conway,FedEx and several more have been doing it for years...Don't see much turnover there..You can have two boards ya know,and still bid by company time...But I do see your point..

We get paid for almost everything. Maybe a half hour here and there but most if not all is paid. Those short do nothing runs end up making a few bucks.

We get paid for almost everything. Maybe a half hour here and there but most if not all is paid. Those short do nothing runs end up making a few bucks.
We are getting better but you are right. The little bit here and there adds up in a weeks time. Just like our peanut hook pay. I get nearly $75 -$100 a week extra just hookin and unhookin. I feel I hook and unhook more now with the new rules.

We are getting better but you are right. The little bit here and there adds up in a weeks time. Just like our peanut hook pay. I get nearly $75 -$100 a week extra just hookin and unhookin. I feel I hook and unhook more now with the new rules.

There's no way they can cut the drop and hooks on the run I'm on now..I go to a closed facility twice each night..I get anywhere from 15 to 25 drop and hooks a week...Fixin' to bid off of it though,gonna let the "young bucks" have it for a while...Doc says I need to take it easy for a while...

Come on over to the stress free world that many of us extra-boarders enjoy Stark. Plenty of rest between runs at some select locations around the country.

Come on over to the stress free world that many of us extra-boarders enjoy Stark. Plenty of rest between runs at some select locations around the country.

At Estes,not yet..I have run extraboard elsewhere though...I that I wouldn't,to keep my job...

I voluntarily left estes about a year & a half ago because of the way that i was treated after 7 & a half years of service.I went back to a small truckload carrier near my home 20. Sure i make a little less money, but i'll trade that for the respect & appreciation of the owner any day! BTW, home in the middle of the week & every weekend & i pretty well get to set my own schedule, all that & the exact same medical insurance! BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would i ever go back? sure, just as soon as management remembers who makes their money for them & starts treating the drivers the way they deserve to be treated(the way they did when i was originally hired on about 9 years ago), & i don't see that happening any time soon.

Glad to hear you're doing well workhorse...I guess it all depends on where you are and who you have at the top...I can't really complain, we have a no-nonsense guy,but he's fair and gives credit when credit is due..I have had my share of buttholes,but usually,in the long run,they don't last...Good luck and godspeed...