Estes | Estes Drivers quitting

Good luck Workhorse. I can't leave the money no matter how bad they treat me. A cup of coffee and a chicken buiscut goes a long way here in the south :butt kiss: :hide:

We don't loose too many road drivers, but city drivers are another story. We just lost a 2 year guy along with a one year guy. Can't keep track of the new hires that start and don't last a year. We hired 3 from Fedex, lost 2 due to accidents and the other is off on workers comp. We can't find anyone with city experience, we get ex swift and tanker drivers. When we do find a good city driver they jump ship to OD because they start their drivers based on experience, usually a 2-3 dollar difference than what we start at.

We have guys coming out of the city by the truckload moving to the road, some quit and some get axed. I don't think it has nothing to do with the hard work, pay or even the handhelds. We had the best group of city guys a few years ago and now the best of the best are running the road. These new hires seem to be waste of money. I guess they will keep hiring, firing and keeping the select few that can walk and chew gum simotainiously

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote for the worst job at ANY LTL carrier would be P+D. A typical day? Let's see/ 12 stops, supposed to depart at 0930+ its 1045 now. First stop 30 minutes away, 5th stop with a noon appt., 9th stop closes at 1500, pickups getting sent about then too, etc etc etc... I wouldn't want to live like this almost EVERY DAY just to be home at night but my respect to those that do.

I'll bet the guy on workmans comp "is milkin the hell outta it"

He was off for a day, came back for a day, and has been off ever since. That's been over a month, he did a few days light duty in the office but haven't seen him since. We got another driver who's been on light duty for six months due to a knee injury that needs surgery, they're fighting it saying that its a reinjury of an old injury. Hell, he could've had surgery and been rehabbed by now.

You're not going to screw Workman's Comp very long, as some have found out...If you are caught in a Comp fraud case, the collector can be charged with fraud and liable for total repayment(everything he/she was paid)...I know a case just like this...It's nothing for them to let it go for a year or more,but the repayment,could put you in bankruptcy....They do have watchers out there watching,at all times..

That's so very true Stark. Estes knows BS when they see it. They bent a friend of mine over and they are still giving it to him with sandpaper and a bunch of other ruff stuff. He lost his house, job and everything in between. He's still making lawyer payments but I doubt it will help much. It was a slip and fall ordeal at a dark terminal. If it were me, I would say I hurt my arm at the house and went to the doc and got it taking care of to keep my 80k job

That's so very true Stark. Estes knows BS when they see it. They bent a friend of mine over and they are still giving it to him with sandpaper and a bunch of other ruff stuff. He lost his house, job and everything in between. He's still making lawyer payments but I doubt it will help much. It was a slip and fall ordeal at a dark terminal. If it were me, I would say I hurt my arm at the house and went to the doc and got it taking care of to keep my 80k job

Well, Mildew, greed does a lot to a persons mind...It's a shame your friend could not just get the damage fixed and move on...In my years of driving,I have collected WC one time for 2 weeks...And to me, it was a waste of time...Long term, maybe so...I had a heart attack on a Tuesday..Stint put in on Wednesday...And back at work the next week...And the only reason I took the next week off, was because the Cardiac Surgeon told me I needed to let the Heart Cathe incision heal...People get hurt...I know that...But trying to "bluff the system" is not the way to go about it,IMO...

your lucky stark dot rules are mandatory 90 days out if you have a heart attack with dot physical yearly with stress test every 2 years

your lucky stark dot rules are mandatory 90 days out if you have a heart attack with dot physical yearly with stress test every 2 years

I know...I'm very fortunate....The cardiologist call it a Heart Event...There was no damage to my heart...But there was 95% blockage in one artery...That's why he put the stint in...I feel like I'm 25 again...Going through Cardiac Rehab and getting plenty of exercise...Something I haven't been doing for years...The run I'm on now,allows me to leave late and get back early...That way I can go by and exercise for as long as I want...I got on the weights again and the bike...Feels great... I'm still going to be stress tested once a year and the physical will be once a year...I'm on very little medication,compared to some guys I know at Estes..I only take 3 prescription meds a day and the rest is Fish Oil and CoQ10, a circulation suppliment..That's what causes most truck drivers to have heart attacks, no exercise causes poor circulation....You're right, I am a very lucky man...