Estes | Estes east bidding

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
It is my understanding that Estes west gets to bump bid on runs.

What do you guys think we should be doing here the east were we only bid if a run comes open or a new one is started? Don't worry about this poll, I've set it up as private so nobody will know how you voted. I've also got it set to were you can pick choice 1 and 2 both if you think that's what we should be doing. We love visitors from other outfits in here (most of 'em anyways lol) but guys lets try to keep the voting part in-house please.

Thanks.

It is my understanding that Estes west gets to bump bid on runs.

What do you guys think we should be doing here the east were we only bid if a run comes open or a new one is started?

If you remember KD, back in '02 or '03, we put that very thing to a vote. If we bid 1 time a year,company wide,by seniority(I hate saying this) in that catagory it would be fair. What the unfair thing about it is, is that we have 2 or (3 now). I think we should be under one umbrella. Now, I was told the other day by a team driver that he was told by the "hill", that teams were no longer considered linehaul(as bidding goes).I don't know if there IS a good way to do it KD. You would almost have to start all over, wipe the slate clean, and go from company seniority. Duno?:TR10driving03:

If you remember KD, back in '02 or '03, we put that very thing to a vote. If we bid 1 time a year,company wide,by seniority(I hate saying this) in that catagory it would be fair. What the unfair thing about it is, is that we have 2 or (3 now). I think we should be under one umbrella. Now, I was told the other day by a team driver that he was told by the "hill", that teams were no longer considered linehaul(as bidding goes).I don't know if there IS a good way to do it KD. You would almost have to start all over, wipe the slate clean, and go from company seniority. Duno?:TR10driving03:

O ya I do remember that vote.

I guess what I'm asking for now anyways is should we be allowed to bid within our board.

Myself I think we should only have two boards, road and P/D but that's not gonna happen to soon I'm afraid. So at least we should be bidding within the board we are on now. IMO.

I think anything more than what we have now would be a improvement.

Any west guys wanna tell us exactly how you guys out there are doing it?

O ya I do remember that vote.

I guess what I'm asking for now anyways is should we be allowed to bid within our board.

Myself I think we should only have two boards, road and P/D but that's not gonna happen to soon I'm afraid. So at least we should be bidding within the board we are on now. IMO.

I think anything more than what we have now would be a improvement.

I don't know that I would have a problem with that. Yep, 2 cats, no more.But, I don't know if you noticed lately that more and more Hub runs are going linehaul. Maybe that's what they're working towards.

I don't know that I would have a problem with that. Yep, 2 cats, no more.But, I don't know if you noticed lately that more and more Hub runs are going linehaul. Maybe that's what they're working towards.

That would be a good thing I think.

You were right before about the teams and bidding also. If a L/H run comes open then they have to hope it goes thru all single L/H, extra boarders and all, before they get a crack at it.

So usually all that will be left over by the time it gets to them is a single E/B spot and that will leave the partner out looking for another guy to run with.

Then on top of that you got the new "utility" catagory now that took the place of "extra hub". Were those guys are gonna fall in all this I'm not sure. Probably they will get a shot at a L/H run after all single E/B's do.

I feel all bidding should be done by total length of service with the company, that way there is no confusion.

West drivers

Come on west drivers give us some insight. We would like to know what goes on out there.

I feel all bidding should be done by total length of service with the company, that way there is no confusion.

I also see the benefit of that way. But the big argument against that is, do you post city runs also and let everbody, including road drivers, bid with total company time on those slots to?

Myself though I think road is road and if a run comes open then team,E/B,hub,and L/H should get to bid with total company time. I started here off the street with a short hub run that nobody wanted and have almost 2yrs. that I can't use when bidding on L/H.

Myself though I think road is road and if a run comes open then team,E/B,hub,and L/H should get to bid with total company time.

I agree. What a slap in the face to those who have been here the longest. I would think you would want to reward those who have been in a variety of possitions and who could be used in a pinch to help out. Instead those who are trained in different possition and often higher senority get shuffled to the back. I just don't get why Estes does that..

It seems like each terminal is a bit different. It shouldn't be but you all know how that goes. At my terminal we go to the bottom of the extra board if your run is discontinued. If it is cancelled for a day you go to the top. It is how its done at my terminal, right or wrong.

If a new run is created the driver that lost his run can bid on it with the rest of the extra board drivers according to seniority.

We bid once a year. Bidding every 6 months has its pitfalls. Such as, guys bidding off crap runs in the winter. The good and the bad are more evenly spread out doing it once a year.

Thats how we do it in the West.

It seems like each terminal is a bit different. It shouldn't be but you all know how that goes. At my terminal we go to the bottom of the extra board if your run is discontinued. If it is cancelled for a day you go to the top. It is how its done at my terminal, right or wrong.

If a new run is created the driver that lost his run can bid on it with the rest of the extra board drivers according to seniority.

We bid once a year. Bidding every 6 months has its pitfalls. Such as, guys bidding off crap runs in the winter. The good and the bad are more evenly spread out doing it once a year.

Thats how we do it in the West.

Thank you sir!

I like the sound of that set-up you guys have out there. I agree with the pit-falls of the every 6 month deal too. I would lean heavy to the once a year rule myself.

There was a time when I thought the "no bump" policy over here was ok because it kept guys from hating one another, but things are changing so fast with runs now alot of high seniority guys are getting left out in the cold forever to ride the system with little hope of getting back on a schedule. So I feel like we need to start some kind of bidding over here.

So correct me if I'm wrong but if a run is discontinued then the driver goes to the bottom of the extra board, but then when the yearly bids come around he can bid back on to a schedule if he has the whiskers to get it.

it came from the big house

Even better....but that gives us what, 7 months between now and then? That's alot of time. That's a good reason for this thread is to let 'em know we are ready for the change. Most of us so far anyways. All the guys I talk to at my barn want to start some kind of regular bidding.

So correct me if I'm wrong but if a run is discontinued then the driver goes to the bottom of the extra board, but then when the yearly bids come around he can bid back on to a schedule if he has the whiskers to get it.

That is correct, mostly. I did forget to mention that the EB is first in first out. Which is fine if they keep track of things. So you really don't go to the bottom, you are just on the extra board.

You can also bid on a new run when one becomes available, along with everyone else.

Also, if you are on a bid and say a new run comes out in the middle of the year that you like better, you can bid on that too.

As far as bumping another guy off his run if yours is discontinued. We can't do that here. Our TM won't allow it.

That is correct, mostly. I did forget to mention that the EB is first in first out. Which is fine if they keep track of things. So you really don't go to the bottom, you are just on the extra board.

You can also bid on a new run when one becomes available, along with everyone else.

Also, if you are on a bid and say a new run comes out in the middle of the year that you like better, you can bid on that too.

As far as bumping another guy off his run if yours is discontinued. We can't do that here. Our TM won't allow it.

I really like that deal. Sounds very fair to me.

As far as not getting to bump right away after dis-continued run that's fair to. I would be willing to ride out the E/B for the remainder of the year and wait my turn to bid on a schedule. No big deal there to me. A few months on the E/B ain't gonna kill me. i ran it for 2 yrs. before I got this schedule and it ain't to bad most the time.

every other company bids runs. why is j.j. so against the bidding of runs. seems like no big deal to me.

Would be nice to have 2 boards City and Road, then I could be on one of those utility hub runs with the thought I could bid on a road run again.
Extra board sucks, but to lose everything in seniority if I took a hub run.
Oh well we got some guys that been here a couple years making out on that now.