Estes | Estes east bidding

I bet they could have nearly every driver home each day if they worked at it a little.

I like the way Conway does thier bidding by having one board and one seniority list.

That being said, I work for FedEx Freight and the way they bid with city and road is fair.

This is how road is bid here.

Company seniority at your terminal is how the bid goes.

Bid every 6 months, January and July

Bump bid if a run is abolished and driver gets to bump any junior driver and goes all the way down the board until someone goes to extra board in their seniority spot. Only exception to this is if it happens within 30 days to rebid that person goes to extra board in seniority spot.

Bid gets cancelled for a day, driver goes on extra board in seniority spot.

Rebid whole board when:

A mileage change of run is 10 miles or more.
A show up time has changed more than one hour.
A new bid has been established.

Just thought I would give you (Estes) some ideas on how one road board could work for you guys.

bumping because of run termination seems to vary from one barn to another out there.

I tried to send the memo but could not get it done so I asked a brother to send it out. THOSE WHO ASKED FOR IT SHOULD HAVE IT BY NOW.
YES WEST CAN BUMP A LOWER SEN. DRIVER IF RUN IS CUT PERMANENTLY. ITS IN THE MEMO FROM JUNIOR JOHNSON. IF YOU LET ANTI POLICY COMPANY MANAGEMENT TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING THE RULES THAT IS YOUR OWN CHOICE AND NO ONE SHOULD WHINE ABOUT IT.
READ EVERYTHING ESTES HANDS OUT, JUST STUPID NOT TO.

I tried to send the memo but could not get it done so I asked a brother to send it out. THOSE WHO ASKED FOR IT SHOULD HAVE IT BY NOW.
YES WEST CAN BUMP A LOWER SEN. DRIVER IF RUN IS CUT PERMANENTLY. ITS IN THE MEMO FROM JUNIOR JOHNSON. IF YOU LET ANTI POLICY COMPANY MANAGEMENT TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING THE RULES THAT IS YOUR OWN CHOICE AND NO ONE SHOULD WHINE ABOUT IT.
READ EVERYTHING ESTES HANDS OUT, JUST STUPID NOT TO.

I got it turned. Thanks.

Estes actually needs four boards
1 P&D, anything local and hourly
2 Line Haul, any single employee who drives and is on a mileage pay
3 Teams, if you chose this you wanted to run with someone for whatever reason. teams should have the oppurtunity to transfer into other catagories after a certain amount of time and the need for them is there, then put to the bottom of whatever else they were transfered to.
4 OTR enough said
If you transfer from one of those to another you should start your clasification senority they day you transfered. If you transfer back to one you have done before after 90 days your earlier senority in that field is reinstated.
Company senority should only be used for layoff purposes. And I say that if you are either line or p&d you can do either job you should not be cut to keep a lower sen driver in the other classification that you can do that job. This would actually give everyone equal rights and true company senority. Sorry teams and otr would be out in the cold as far as this would go due to other options would have to be in place.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing

I got it turned. Thanks.

Sorry it took so long. Some people thought I was fibbing These people are mostly from West and were given the memo.
I understand if you came to work after the memo was handed out you did not get it and relying on people who are always out for themselves is probably not your best option ( this is not towards you Rhondasman )

You should bid in Oct. for a first sunday in Nov start.
Did Estes not give the east that information?????

Nope , just got an email from a friend. Said several drivers have told him,East and West was going to start bidding together.I haven't heard anything, except for that. Haven't really persued it.

Just got info Friday night, that ALL will be in on the next bid in September or October. Teams are going to be included this time.

Was told they will bid as the would on a new bid run.Last in line haul category.
1.Line haul single
2. Extra Board
3.Team Drivers.
Told they will not be able to bid on Hub runs at all.

Personally,I think it's great that they have the ability to bid.If,what I was told is true.

Now if they would just recognize senority for what it is and give people their company senority within classification to bid with, just like they do if they are "reducing workforce." Even if they made you wait a year after a classification jump before you got it back atleast higher senority would eventually get their time back.

Back to the top.
Per JR's last memo there is going to be a survey sent out concerning bids (again). He does'nt specifically say it will be a 'vote' but it seems that is the implication. He does seem to want to know what drivers feel is fair.

In view of all the changes made to freight lanes and the fact that many top seniority men have lost runs due to those changes IMO we need to update the bidding process.

This poll as it stands shows 31 to 10 agree we should have a change in the east. This thread is kinda old so if you missed it here is your chance cast your informal TB vote.

(Stark I'm not trying to double up threads on ya friend, thanks for your other thread concening this. I just thought I would bring the poll back to the top in case some guys might have missed it..KD)

well i see my mind was read again. cool
ya guys i would hate to see all of you corner yourselves when it seems we are changing daily right now
yes these changes seem for the better. service is whats most important when we are growing like we are

Back to the top.
Per JR's last memo there is going to be a survey sent out concerning bids (again). He does'nt specifically say it will be a 'vote' but it seems that is the implication. He does seem to want to know what drivers feel is fair.

In view of all the changes made to freight lanes and the fact that many top seniority men have lost runs due to those changes IMO we need to update the bidding process.

This poll as it stands shows 31 to 10 agree we should have a change in the east. This thread is kinda old so if you missed it here is your chance cast your informal TB vote.

(Stark I'm not trying to double up threads on ya friend, thanks for your other thread concening this. I just thought I would bring the poll back to the top in case some guys might have missed it..KD)

Hey KD, knock yourself out man. I am just humbled to be in the presense of such knowledgable people as yourself and beerboy.Carry on.

bidding

estes has some of the most BS rules i have ever seen in all my 28 years in the trucking business. line haul/ hub /and all the rest of the catagories. all a bunch of stupid BS. who comes up with all this crap. we operate like its 1950! come on junior get with the times, this is not the old cowboy days. i have a lot more to say but yall get my drift.:Flame-On: