Estes | Estes east bidding

78% wanting some kind of bid reform so far. That's quite a big majority.
Thank you to all who have voted, the poll is still open if you've not had a chance to get in.

if it closes let me know and i will extend it or re open it KD

Ok thanks, as far as I know it's still open. I'm just going on the fact that votes still hittin. If you got a way to check it then it might be a good idea.
Maybe there is a automatic alert that tells all that poll is closed? I don't know how that works.

There has been a security breech in the Estes forum. Only 1500 think KD is funny.What's up with that.BB is up to his old tricks again.Yea, what about the pink stripe,BB.That's degrading,man.I have to take my meds now,be cool.

Ya Stark theres been a security breech alright.
Now you watch ole BB he's gonna sware that the devil made him do it....:party-smiley-017:

sorry i left that one up too long all fixed lol. there maybe a way i can select colors but its the way it came up... swear !! i can do some stuff but picking the colors is above what i know.

Bidding

I would like to see all bidding being done by total length of service with the company, that way there is no confusion. it would be easy for the company and us

I would like to see all bidding being done by total length of service with the company, that way there is no confusion. it would be easy for the company and us

That'd make entirely too much sense... at least by catagory. I don't think a city guy that was afraid to run the road to earn road rights should be able to take a 600 mile turn from a guy that put in years sleeping in filthy bunk rooms.

it should be length of service within their classification. On the west side. you can jump from class to class{ (city to LH) or viceversa} but you depend on length of service within that class. We only have LH, EB, and teams-- no separate hub run bids. As a night driver: your choices are dedicated line haul runs, dedicated hub runs, or extra board. You only need to change class to go team or city and thats ONLY if there are openings. New runs are a trickle bid. Give up a run and you go to the bottom of extra board. If your run is canceled, you go to top of extra board. Bidding is once a year unless there are major changes affecting over 50 percent of the board, then bidding is done with the changes

Does anyone know when we are suppose to receive the "poll sheets" that Junior is getting to the terminals for the Estes East bidding once a year? Haven't heard no more about it.

it should be length of service within their classification. On the west side. you can jump from class to class{ (city to LH) or viceversa} but you depend on length of service within that class. We only have LH, EB, and teams-- no separate hub run bids. As a night driver: your choices are dedicated line haul runs, dedicated hub runs, or extra board. You only need to change class to go team or city and thats ONLY if there are openings. New runs are a trickle bid. Give up a run and you go to the bottom of extra board. If your run is canceled, you go to top of extra board. Bidding is once a year unless there are major changes affecting over 50 percent of the board, then bidding is done with the changes

Welcome to the boards rockwyld...:wavey: It's good to hear from one of our guys from the west side!

Thanks for the info on your bidding process out there. As you can tell we are working on reforming the bid system
in the east right now and the way you described it above IMO would work great for us over here also.
Thanks for your input bro.....:thumbsup:

Welcome to the boards rockwyld...:wavey: It's good to hear from one of our guys from the west side!

Thanks for the info on your bidding process out there. As you can tell we are working on reforming the bid system
in the east right now and the way you described it above IMO would work great for us over here also.
Thanks for your input bro.....:thumbsup:

Would work out great in my mind to, sounds fair.

Welcome to the boards rockwyld. Maybe one of these days us easterners will develope a backbone and have it made like ya'all

Does anyone know when we are suppose to receive the "poll sheets" that Junior is getting to the terminals for the Estes East bidding once a year? Haven't heard no more about it.

Nothing here at my barn yet Starko. I figure it'll be a few more weeks 'cause in JR's last memo he said they will pass them out "later on in the year".

Nothing here at my barn yet Starko. I figure it'll be a few more weeks 'cause in JR's last memo he said they will pass them out "later on in the year".

Thanks for the info,KD. We don't get those things you call,a memo.I think someone makes paper airplanes out of them.:TR10driving03:

Thanks for the info,KD. We don't get those things you call,a memo.I think someone makes paper airplanes out of them.:TR10driving03:
:biglaugh: Yea I think that happens at my house sometimes too.
I ran a 010 bid for years and that used to be were I got most of my info.
Charlie O was good about posting stuff out there.
But I gotta admit our TM has gotten alot better in the past couple of years about it.

If your run is canceled, you go to top of extra board.

If your bid is canceled for the day you go to the top of EB only if you can be back in time to run your bid the next night your bid is due out. If your bid is canceled permanently then you can bump anyone below you off there bid