Estes | Estes east bidding

I think they should do one more re bid and do it from you seniority from the date you hired on. p/d stays the same but all the rest re-bid and include hub-line haul and teams.Because some were forced to hub or team from the big switching around were doing. Then every year re-bid in category.I would think that would be fare.

I would favor any plan that would let us bid every 12 months. Unless we re-bid annually we do not have much hope of getting a run if ours is cancelled. I have over 10 years with the company and at my terminal I am number 3 on the L/H seniority list. Myself and the #1 L/H seniority driver lost our schedule runs due to the change of operation at 087. Our terminal is now a deadend city terminal and we have no hope of any new runs being posted here. Drivers with much less seniority have bid runs and we are on the extra board as I have been for all but one of my more than 10 years with the company. Is that fair??

Is that fair??

There isn't much that is fair.

Is it fair that real senority (company) doesn't mean much and they tell people that x amount of time disappeared because you were once city and got kicked to LH X when things were slow. is it fair that guys sit home while contractors run all over with our freight, is it fair that guys sit for 24+ hrs waiting for loads, is it fair that guys with 6-7 yrs senority get let go do to operational changes yet guys with 6 months in another class keep working every day. "Fair"

fair

no thats not fair... I think they should go from the time you got hire...I hear out west they have bump bidding... If your run get cancel you can bump someone with less senority then you so you don't go on X-board...When you been with the company for10, 20 or 30 years the time we all put into this company should count for something.. In stead we get slap in the face..Go to X-board or get out thats the way they look at it..

I You would almost have to start all over, wipe the slate clean, and go from company seniority. Duno?:TR10driving03:

I have to disagree with you on this one - Board seniority was developed to keep drivers from jumping from one area to another (road to p/d and vice-versa) due to the amount of time, energy and $$ invested in training and acclimating a man to his specified duties. Board seniority would be the only fair way to do it, IMO.

I have to disagree with you on this one - Board seniority was developed to keep drivers from jumping from one area to another (road to p/d and vice-versa) due to the amount of time, energy and $$ invested in training and acclimating a man to his specified duties. Board seniority would be the only fair way to do it, IMO.

Good seeing you spacetrucker.been a while..The reason I was making that observation,Spacetrucker,was that the West bid every year.To start it off you would have to make things fair to all.Top seniority on down.I'm setting pretty good either way,but some aren't.Board is no problem for me either.Just make it fair..

Hi everyone I"m new here, I have been reading all the messeges and storys on re-biddind . And there are some really good ones on whats about to happen or what people would like to happen,but are there any facts out there at all. I have heard so many storys about whats going to happen in oct- nov and each one is different

Hello and welcome Shoestring....:wavey:
As far as I know the only thing for sure about this topic is that sometime between now and the end of the year there will be a survey sent out from Richmond to the drivers in the east concerning a bid policy reform.
This info came from a memo sent out from J.J. in corp. and I've also spoken to two reg. managers that tell me the same.
My reg. manager told me face to face that "Richmond will let the drivers decide this issue."
So far, as far as I know, the survey has not been sent out to anybody yet.

Board seniority was developed to keep drivers from jumping from one area to another (road to p/d and vice-versa) due to the amount of time, energy and $$ invested in training and acclimating a man to his specified duties.

Seems to me "no company rebidding" (meaning driver in order of senority picks what they want LH,PD, or hub) was developed to keep drivers from jumping around. Board seniority IMO only comes into play for bidding within class. They can still do class bidding if they don't want drivers jumping classes, but they should go off of company senority within class to honor the guys who have been getting an Estes paycheck the longest. By your anyalist, if they did company senority within class, then the people within that class are already trained at that job so there should be no problem with "acclimating" them. A guy with 15 yrs shouldn't be out bid by a guy with 5yrs. But something tells me the real problem for some isn't acclimating drivers, but rather wanting to leap ahead of people to try and get something for nothing :Flame-On:

have only 30 days on job in the east and from what I have seen , there is much work to be done as far as rebids. 1st you have to work on all the wasted road time straight line all the HD and bucks from sex stop mixing the freight, rely less on load bars smart load for less damage.

Hello shoestring. I was watching a 2nd string quarterback for Michigan last weekend. They called him shoestring. He never ties his shoes and nobody could catch him. Anyhow company seniority got my vote. That way a 70 year old man that's been lumping freight for years has a chance to give himself a deserving break and bid on an easy Mickey Mouse run.