Estes | Estes Express jobs

Love how we are taking applications, well if anyone is even thinking of working at Estes right now, stay away and go somewhere else, trust me I have been here 8 years and have never seen it so bad.

Iv seen more of those hiring drivers signs than I have in a long time.Most drivers hired now are considered utility drivers,which if you need work wouldn't matter.I do hope the ones that are hired on are told,or smart enough to know that they really need to have something lined up in the winter.

Love how we are taking applications, well if anyone is even thinking of working at Estes right now, stay away and go somewhere else, trust me I have been here 8 years and have never seen it so bad.

I don't get this post INTOTHENOW. I mean I ain't saying your lying or nothing but I know and talk to alot of E/B and team guys on the phone every week and they're running big miles every week and E/B's hooking on their rest almost every day. Plus we've had a note up wanting volunteers to run weekends for a month.

Just this morning I came in as 2 of our E/B guys were getting in and both had a 3000+ week this week in 5 days. There was also a big pile of extra load bills sitting there in the window for the weekend. One of these E/B guys told me he did the math and had been running a 2750 mile/week average for the last 2 months and he usually stays out only 5 days, sometimes 5 1/2 but thats rare he said. I've known this ole boy a good while and he's not a BS'er.

I mean when you say you've been here 8 yrs. and you "ain't never seen it so bad". I don't understand. I've been here 10 yrs. and I ain't never seen it so busy myself. Maybe you just been hitting one of those 'wrong place wrong time' streaks lately or something, I don't know, I remember that used to happen to me sometimes when I ran extra.

Everybody runs into being held up or late freight.At this time,I don't think I would much complaining, if you don't have somewhere else to go.

And I don't know for a fact that inthenow is complaining,maybe just tired and frustrated.
Hang in there inthenow,it will get better.

I know someone who worked here for 3 1/2. He complained alot but he did his job. His paperwork was alway's filled out right. He would worry himself sick over his logs and never fudged anything. (profectionist) He would complain about someone getting a 10 mile longer trip or waiting an extra hour longer at the motel. If he had to wait and extra 5 or 6 hours he sounded like a 2 year old and central dispatch had to hear from him every 30 minutes. He was laid-off last December. He is at least 3 month's behind on his bills. He worked for 5 different companies since then. He lost all of his bene's. His church brings his family food because the fridge is bare. He hasn't been home in over 5 weeks because the company he works for doesn't believe in sending a driver home. ....All of this for 1700 miles a week (average) and .36 cents a mile. He mentioned killing himself about 3 times and I think he is doing drugs now. I spend time on the phone with him and try and talk to him but he is very argumentative and don't want to hear any advise from anyone. His wife even called me and said she doesn't know what to do. She wants him to come off the road and don't care if they loose everything. He's says he has nothing else he can do but drive... We need to count our blessings. Things can be worse.

I alway's thought the ins. was kinda high for the size of the company. I'am greatful that we have what we have but when our company got bigger our ins. stayed the same. Ya figure $40 bucks a person x umpteen thousand folks per week. Wheeew! someone's get'n rich. I hardly ever go to the doc. I keep cancelling my dentist appt's because I work so much:biglaugh: If I keep on i'm going to look like one of those folks over in your neck of the woods, Stark:snaggletooth:

My wife's medication is $8000 every three months. I'll gladly cough up that $40.
I put a month's worth on a credit card...Once.....:nutkick:

That's when I found out on a Wednesday, that I was getting married Friday!:TR10driving03:

My Sins ???? Are you saying because I used to work for Yellow freight, I sinned?
I did something wrong ? I broke a law? -- Screw you pal --- I fed my family, that's what I did !! I took the 1st decent job I could find at that time.
Is this what all Estes employees think of people who work at a union company ?

5 years ago, I probably couldn't name 5 LTL freight companies. My background is in food service which I did for 19 years, till the company closed. Just for your info, My job before Yellow was NON UNION
I have no problem earning my days pay, but I won't take any BS just because I chose a union job instead of the unemployment line ! At the end of the week it's about what I can provide for my family, not what job choice I made.

I apologize if I offended anyone for using the "U" word on this forum.

WOW!
Just found this post... Been busy lately. Geeze, dude, clean the thumb tacks off your 'puter chair and read! I belive sins was in quotes, and due to the holes in your back side, overlooked the "good luck" and "quality driver" part. The organization view is not being referenced as a Legshot point of view, but an Estes point of view.
Man up, and tell your wife to stop yelling at you while you are reading trucking boards. She's making you come off like an idiot.
My position always has been keeping the lights on and keeping the kids, and that fat screaming wife filled with vodka. I don't care how a good driver goes about making that happen...
Legshot :loser:

WOW!
Just found this post... Been busy lately. Geeze, dude, clean the thumb tacks off your 'puter chair and read! I belive sins was in quotes, and due to the holes in your back side, overlooked the "good luck" and "quality driver" part. The organization view is not being referenced as a Legshot point of view, but an Estes point of view.
Man up, and tell your wife to stop yelling at you while you are reading trucking boards. She's making you come off like an idiot.
My position always has been keeping the lights on and keeping the kids, and that fat screaming wife filled with vodka. I don't care how a good driver goes about making that happen...
Legshot :loser:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::shift:

Hell, were gettin' "organized labor" wages now.Now if Rob could just do something about lowering our insurance premiums. They're not bad,could be better though.

Notice beerboy,how I skirted around saying the other word.lol lol

Come on Rondasman. I know you are a proud Estes employee but let's be a little more accurate please. $23 an hour with overtime after 8. Nation wide, mind you. And over 57 cents per mile while driving, and all other time on duty, of our employer (UPSF), paid at top hourly rate ie. drops and hooks, fuel, breakdown, freeway closure, chaining, delay time etc. etc. Nation wide as well. $25 per week for health and welfare, for the wife and I,weekly deduction locked in at that rate, for the remainder of our contract (7-2013) Retiree medical benefits at about $250 per month for you and your spouse. UPS sponsored pension etc. etc. Not trying to rub it in, just wishing you all enjoyed what we all deserve. And correcting your exaggeration. Drive safe out there. T Elvis out.....

Oh Boy!
This thread is getting ready to pack it's bags and move... :TR10driving03:Easy Beerboy....

Come on Rondasman. I know you are a proud Estes employee but let's be a little more accurate please. $23 an hour with overtime after 8. Nation wide, mind you. And over 57 cents per mile while driving, and all other time on duty, of our employer (UPSF), paid at top hourly rate ie. drops and hooks, fuel, breakdown, freeway closure, chaining, delay time etc. etc. Nation wide as well. $25 per week for health and welfare, for the wife and I,weekly deduction locked in at that rate, for the remainder of our contract (7-2013) Retiree medical benefits at about $250 per month for you and your spouse. UPS sponsored pension etc. etc. Not trying to rub it in, just wishing you all enjoyed what we all deserve. And correcting your exaggeration. Drive safe out there. T Elvis out.....

Better hope the 15% cut don't come to UPSF,Elvis,we're catching up to ya,bud.The guy ya'll help put in office,aint gonna know ya.

You might want to go over to your forum and check it out,Elvis.Doesn't seem like how much you get paid is the topic.Ya know what I mean.UPS having managers follow drivers, workers at U terminals receiving the same as U members and not paying dues.Sounds like your problems are getting out of hand there,dude.Correcting your "what we all deserve".

And you to E, drive safe.