Estes | ESTES EXPRESS LINES 401k PLAN

They match a small percentage. They gave up the pension thing a long time ago. I know 3 people that retired from big E. 1 came back.

They match a small percentage. They gave up the pension thing a long time ago. I know 3 people that retired from big E. 1 came back.

Ya it ain't a big match, but this stock market nose dive has really clobbered it, I've got to were I don't even look at mine anymore...bums me out to see how much $ it's lost.

I know a driver who is looking to retire in a couple of years and has lost over 100k in the last couple of months. This driver has the best attitude I have seen about this. It was an inspiration to myself to try and be more positive about everything. OK enough of that I am back to being P.I.T.A.
No really just hold on everyone when it turns around we will be ok. I am not speaking from experience but from research. Investors who have taken a loss and bailed out of the stock markets never regain what they have lost while investors who stay in have almost allways made a rebound profit.

I know a driver who is looking to retire in a couple of years and has lost over 100k in the last couple of months. This driver has the best attitude I have seen about this. It was an inspiration to myself to try and be more positive about everything. OK enough of that I am back to being P.I.T.A.
No really just hold on everyone when it turns around we will be ok. I am not speaking from experience but from research. Investors who have taken a loss and bailed out of the stock markets never regain what they have lost while investors who stay in have almost allways made a rebound profit.

Lost over 100K??, I have been investing in a 401k for 28 years and have quite a substantial nest egg and have only lost 10,000. Your friend is doing something wrong. He needs to get out of single stocks and get alot more diversified.

PENSION?? when did we ever have a pension,first I've heard of it.That must of been back when we were hooked up with J.Hoffa and co.

Lost over 100K??, I have been investing in a 401k for 28 years and have quite a substantial nest egg and have only lost 10,000. Your friend is doing something wrong. He needs to get out of single stocks and get alot more diversified.

I agree, what the heck did this guy invest in, Enron. 100,000 in a matter of months? Someone wasn't watching close enough. OH, by the way, I received a letter today from Bank of America saying "Due to the economic struggle in this country we have come to a corporate decsion to lower my crdit limit to $500." I really don't know what to do guys. I'm all busted up inside. I don't think I will be able to make it without BOA.:hysterical:

I know a driver who is looking to retire in a couple of years and has lost over 100k in the last couple of months.

100k in two months? That is surely not right...Maybe Turned you hit the O one to many times on this post, that would sound more in line of what I've seen happen to my 401K and others I've talked to...

100k in two months? That is surely not right...Maybe Turned you hit the O one to many times on this post, that would sound more in line of what I've seen happen to my 401K and others I've talked to...

Well thats what he said. I do not know what he is invested in nor do I care. I have lost about 11k and I have been investing 3%, he told me he was putting in 20% and lost 100k. I do not have 100k in my 401k not even close and lost 11k so far. Just reporting what was told to me. And I did not say it was two months.

i had 36000 in january, now it sits at 21000. so if he had a lot in his very well could have lost it, mine was all in stock. have 25 more years till i retire.

sounds like two months to me..... your words not mine...

Although the phrase a couple of has been well established in English since before the Renaissance, modern critics have sometimes maintained that a couple of is too inexact to be appropriate in formal writing. But the inexactitude of a couple of may serve a useful purpose, suggesting that the writer is indifferent to the precise number of items involved. Thus the sentence She lives only a couple of miles away implies not only that the distance is short but that its exact measure is unimportant. This usage should be considered unobjectionable on all levels of style.

I had to post this before to someone who thought they were so much smarter than a truck driver all I did was take from that link and put it here. Maybe you should chill out a little. If I had ten times the money in my 401k I would have lost 100k. My father in law who is only 47 has lost over 68k so far in this down turn and he is not going to retire for 20 years. So I can not imagine what he would have lost if he was about to retire.

is estes still matching the 401k or have they stoped like alot of the other ltl compaines ?

I think that the company's that are doing givebacks and take aways are needing to. we as a company seem to be just motoring along. sure the lay offs etc. will happen with all that's going on but i don't see Estes taking what we have away. If we [Estes] start losing money. ???? who knows. but right now I haven't seen or heard Estes loosing anything . if anything picking up some things here and there. Big rob said it. we are more or less debt free. and buying stuff now. I think the 401 k will be OK. Estes loves the health and 401k they do give us. OK I'm done smooching the company's butt

Although the phrase a couple of has been well established in English since before the Renaissance, modern critics have sometimes maintained that a couple of is too inexact to be appropriate in formal writing. But the inexactitude of a couple of may serve a useful purpose, suggesting that the writer is indifferent to the precise number of items involved. Thus the sentence She lives only a couple of miles away implies not only that the distance is short but that its exact measure is unimportant. This usage should be considered unobjectionable on all levels of style.

I had to post this before to all I did was take from that link and put it here. Maybe you should chill out a little. If I had ten times the money in my 401k I would have lost 100k. My father in law who is only 47 has lost over 68k so far in this down turn and he is not going to retire for 20 years. So I can not imagine what he would have lost if he was about to retire.

ok ok....calm down geez.. :2lm16xk: don't be so touchy, I don't know what you think I do when you said
"someone who thought they were so much smarter than a truck driver" I am a driver. That's all I've done for the last 25yrs. as a matter of fact.

Hey if you say the guy lost that much money then OK, I just thought it sounded kinda high and that you might have hit the 0 one to many times by mistake that's all.
So don't bust a head gasket over it.

ok ok....calm down geez.. :2lm16xk: don't be so touchy, I don't know what you think I do when you said
"someone who thought they were so much smarter than a truck driver" I am a driver. That's all I've done for the last 25yrs. as a matter of fact.

Hey if you say the guy lost that much money then OK, I just thought it sounded kinda high and that you might have hit the 0 one to many times by mistake that's all.
So don't bust a head gasket over it.

its easy right now for guys to get worked up kings. you read the boards enough and it kinda gets depressing. I don't blame guys for being a little touchy. we all gotta smile and say
IT"S GONNA BE OOOKKAYY. YOUR GONNA BE OOOKKAYY

First off the original message was posted to topflight enough said.
I am sorry that I came across as saying anything about your intelligence. I did not intend to make you assume that.

not wrong

Some people put there 401 in high risk sections of 401. When the stocks are up you make goooooooooood bucks.:woot: But the same , when they goooooooo down you loose.:TR10driving03:

Mad Trucker