Estes | ESTES EXPRESS LINES 401k PLAN

First off the original message was posted to topflight enough said.

I will in the future refrain from posting a comment to any of your posts unless it is directed only to me then. nuff said?

PS
how will I know if it is directed to me? O well, I reckon i'll figger it out.:popcorn: It will probably start out like.... Dear stupid,:biglaugh:

Some people put there 401 in high risk sections of 401. When the stocks are up you make goooooooooood bucks.:woot: But the same , when they goooooooo down you loose.:TR10driving03:

Mad Trucker

Exactly, and this is why people will not have anything left in there retirement investments. Diversity in long term stocks are the key.

The smart folks say to put your money in high risk when you first start. Then play it safe after you get a decent nest egg.

Bush

Exactly, and this is why people will not have anything left in there retirement investments. Diversity in long term stocks are the key.

I am Glad that ol' G.W Bush :cuss:did not get his way and have the social security all put in to the stock market :TR10driving03:like he wanted. You want to talk about broke!!!

Mad Trucker

I am Glad that ol' G.W Bush :cuss:did not get his way and have the social security all put in to the stock market :TR10driving03:like he wanted. You want to talk about broke!!!

Mad Trucker

I would love to take a buy out right now on my social security funds. Let me invest my own money.

If you were first starting now would you put your investments in high risk stocks now...S&P 500, I hope not.

I wouldn't put my money in anything right now. I seen some folks on another board throw away some cash. Big gamble.

Take the chance

I would love to take a buy out right now on my social security funds. Let me invest my own money.

Well put your money where your mouth is. Take a full exempt of your Weekly pay and pay your taxes yourself and invest what you have left. Oh and goooooood luck.:nutkick:

Mad Trucker

I wouldn't put my money in anything right now. I seen some folks on another board throw away some cash. Big gamble.

Regardless of the economy, once your debt is cleaned up, everyone needs to be investing in their retirement. If you don't, you will be sorry later on when you want to retire. I have been investing in a 401k for 28 years. I don't have the expected 1 million I thought I would have,But I do have a half million dollars in my 401k and with my pension I should be able to maintain the same standard of living as I have now. Keep in mind, those 28 years were not all good. We had a few bumps in the road with the economy and recessions but I kept on investing and it will still pay off.

Well put your money where your mouth is. Take a full exempt of your Weekly pay and pay your taxes yourself and invest what you have left. Oh and goooooood luck.:nutkick:

Mad Trucker

I lost ya on this one. I simply want to invest in my own retirement and not have to rely on the government (social security) Will it be there when I want it. I will retire at 55 years old, why should I have to wait until I am 67 or more to be able to withdraw these funds (if their still there) I have paid into social security for many, many years and probably won't see that money. That's why I would take the cash right now and run.

i don't.
just what we are told by big rob.
we are a private company so who really knows.
i think the only debt we have taken on would be the terminals Estes bought. why would we by anything. well if you could buy rentals would you right now ?? i would. that real estate market has taken a beating from what i hear.
Estes has always been a cash and carry company. we are operating in the black. not making money but not loosing money either that's all you can really ask for right now.
how do i know ?? I ask.

Heartland & Knight trans. are susposed to be the only 2 debt free truck'n outfits these companies claim they could haul nothing and pay their employees for 1 year and still be ok. I think big E has enough debt to keep the uncle sam payment lower. Rich folks know how to hide income.

well they seem to have a lot of terminals everywhere. [flexibility] then they have nice trucks. health insurance is not to expensive for a road outfit. pay is not too bad when your topped out. ooo yeah I've checked them out that close. you have to have a back up plan in today's market

Ok thanks, I agree on the having a back-up plan for sure
besides all you mentioned they stay west alot and I don't think they do much New England do they?