Estes | Estes Express LInes BunkHouse Ratings

Straitjacket

TB Lurker
Credits
What is the worst bunkhouse and why..
For me, it is a toss-up between New Haven and Richmond.
For shame that the Corp. city has rooms that are sanitary nightmares. Imagine something on the mattresses or shower area and you take it home to your spouse!!! I know we should clean up after ourselves, but, after a couple of years it should be replaced. they say after 5 years, the mattress doubles in weight with the dead skin we shed and dust mite feces !!!
IDEA... when someone visits, have them stay at the bunkhouse instead of a nice CLEAN hotel..:furious:

For shame that the Corp. city has rooms that are sanitary nightmares. Imagine something on the mattresses or shower area and you take it home to your spouse!!! I know we should clean up after ourselves, but, after a couple of years it should be replaced. they say after 5 years, the mattress doubles in weight with the dead skin we shed and dust mite feces !!!
IDEA... when someone visits, have them stay at the bunkhouse instead of a nice CLEAN hotel..:furious:

Good post,I may try this on my company board..

i think the "beds". (slab of granite) in nashville are real nice. only takes 2 days to get your back somewhat in order.:smilie_132:

I've heard the Richmond terminal as a whole is a real top notch facility. Beautiful scenery on the outside and now from what you're saying just as amazing on the inside. I'm guessing from your post you run the east coast. What's the verdict of the bunkrooms @ 024? Some guys complain, some guys don't seem to mind.

Not bad, needs a little updating but clean. been in 055, same way. been in 155, swiched over to bunkrooms, nice and clean also with 003,037,041 and elkton.

On "Injured Reserve" and bored :nutkick:

Better watch yourself on that injured reserve.. I had a friend of mine get hurt at the Softball tourney in Richmond..and after his 12 weeks ran out they let him go. Show a lil company pride and see where it gets ya. Welcome to the boards though, it's always nice to have a new voice around here. :smilie_132:

Bunkhouse rated #1 worst in my book.

SAVANNAH, GA. The pits. But then again, I really would like to see Rob Estes himself, as well as some of those loud assed secretaries and salesmen, sleep overnight, with us drivers making all the noise in the world as they are trying to sleep after a long days work. I think the bunkhouses are all the pits. I call them solitary confinement. Just four walls. No windows. Nothing but a bed and a light buld. They keep them all at one temperature and thats below freezing. And in Greenville, Sc terminal bunkhouse,while your sleeping in the dark you have these squirls or racoons bouncing and scratching just above the dropceiling panel. Your trying to sleep and its dark and your worried that this frigging thing is going to crash through while your alseep and bite the s**t out of you. I can go on and on but I really think that (Estes) should take better care in getting their drivers (yes, the people whole move the freight) the best facilities to spend their down time at. Sanitary showers, Better tv rooms, yeah cable would be nice, instead of a tv that on gets fuzz and maybe a local channel or two. And maybe some place to exercise in each term so we don't feel like sacks of crap when it is our time to get going again. Thanks for everyones time. I'm off my soapbox now. Be safe out there drivers. Remember there would be no Estes without us.

043 Marietta is the worst I've seen.. Musty, filthy and old mattresses that look like mice have chewed them.. Oh did I mention the mouse droppings everywhere? Atlanta 041 is about the same

043 Marietta is the worst I've seen.. Musty, filthy and old mattresses that look like mice have chewed them.. Oh did I mention the mouse droppings everywhere? Atlanta 041 is about the same
I would call the health department about the mouse droppings. Tell them your worried about coming down with hantavirus.

This thread has a lot in common with the thread I started a cpl weeks ago. I have been on a schedule run for the last several years and have not had to sleep in a bunk room since. I do have several close friends that HAVE to sleep in them and I hear the horror stories that haven't changed since I was staying in them. I always tell them to make a complaint to OSHA about the unsanitary conditions and the fact that it's impossible to get their 10 hours of quiet, uninterrupted rest that DOT requires. There HAS to be laws in place that give drivers the right to this.

Gee get hurt at the Softball Tournament and then out for 12 weeks and lose your job!!! That is another policy that is stupid!! There are alot of things that can knock you out for 12 weeks!!

Really I dont care as long as its quiet and there is a shower. I buy cheap walmart fart saks and change them often. Wish we still got a linen allowance.

Sorry to go off topic, but is it true that estes is using contractors to move your freight?

Yeah, we have them. Many have scheduled runs. They allow us to have weekends off. Keeps us from over-hiring and laying off. None of them have the word "ground" on their trucks. Brilliant people run the show over here.