Estes | Estes Express Rumor THREAD

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
POST ALL RUMORS AND DISCUSS !!!

Did we buy a term in cinci ??

Is LEGSHOT gay ??:clap:

rumor has it that guardrail went and got his self band because of the phone chat line ??????????? surely not .... hope I'm not next :TR10driving03:

Well it sounds like we are getting back to the business at hand.Layoffs are not done{just postponed}. But it's good to hear people on here are not so uptight anymore. On the Cincy thing. We just went though a very big layoff and Estes is still buying terminals,DUH. Kinda sounds like an EMPLOYER BAILOUT to me.All the money they are "saving" from laying people off{which they put into the company expansion fund} they are talking about buying terminals. JUST MY OPINION.

Don't know anything about a terminal purchase in Cincinnati. They did do a bunch of work here back in the spring, new awnings, lights, and some blacktop repair. Wouldn't surprise me if they did because its just a matter of time before someone offers them a bundle for the property,its surrounded by new commercial and retail development and now's a little out of place.

I have been hearing ( just rumors no proof ) that extra board drivers will be in sleeper trucks and no more motels within a year. NO PROOF JUST RUMORS FROM A FEW DIFFERENT DRIVERS

I have been hearing ( just rumors no proof ) that extra board drivers will be in sleeper trucks and no more motels within a year. NO PROOF JUST RUMORS FROM A FEW DIFFERENT DRIVERS

Seems like there's already quite a few XB drivers that run sleeper units now. If they want to save $$.. maybe they should quit wasting their time with buying all the twin screws, get rid of the vans..and get serious about using pups. I understand the setup now gives a lot of flexibility, but it really just seems like we aren't all sold on being a 100% pup linehaul operation. What do I know though.

Truckloads

Seems like there's already quite a few XB drivers that run sleeper units now. If they want to save $$.. maybe they should quit wasting their time with buying all the twin screws, get rid of the vans..and get serious about using pups. I understand the setup now gives a lot of flexibility, but it really just seems like we aren't all sold on being a 100% pup linehaul operation. What do I know though.

Do you guys haul very much truckload freight. They would need to keep there long vans if you do.

At FXF we only take shipments of 10 skids or less on 1 bill of lading. At least that's the way it was when I was P&D.

The Big "E" is buying out Yellow, Roadway, New Penn and Holland to capture the entire LTL market and this will probably put out all other companys, I also heard Beerboy is going to run the entire show now.

I got this 4th hand from a line driver who heard it on the CB so I am sure it is true!

Why would you want to get rid of vans and twin screws? Vans are needed for some P&D pickups and the twin screws are needed for the vans when they get single bill loads too heavy to pickup with 2 trailers. Myself I would rather have a twin screw for winter driving. You need single axle and twin screw tractors and also vans and pups .Why do you want to be 100% pups on linehaul?

Why would you want to get rid of vans and twin screws? Vans are needed for some P&D pickups and the twin screws are needed for the vans when they get single bill loads too heavy to pickup with 2 trailers. Myself I would rather have a twin screw for winter driving. You need single axle and twin screw tractors and also vans and pups .Why do you want to be 100% pups on linehaul?

my dispatcher just text me "your meet guy has a twin right? " looks like i'm heavy tonight

Bryson is moving to, get this.....Richmond, Va...his wife was xfred out there, so he is following....the biggest rumor is that his mother in law is the head of Estes personnel, and that is why he has not lost his job....wonder if she has any other daughters

I wasn't saying to get rid of the vans and twinscrews for the city ops. I could really care less what we use equipment wise for any part of the operation. Any arrangement has its advantages and disadvantages. I don't pretend to know what you drivers have to deal with out on the roads in the winter. It's also my understanding that you can have a slightly heavier lead box with a twinscrew.. even though the entire setup no matter can't weight more than 80,000. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what sort of response, you, the drivers had to say. It does seem that our competition uses only pups for all if not the majority of their linehaul ops. These sorts of things interest me.. so I'm all ears on input from you the men and women out on the road. :1036316054:

Seems we're having some sort of management meetings here @ 024. I'm wondering if they were the types of meetings someone had said something about before. What were they? Sensitivity training or something? Anyone's management make the trip to HAR? :popcorn: