Estes | Estes Express Rumor THREAD

I heard it was 500 extra board system wide. 500 out of two terminals would pretty much close them even big terminals like Charlotte or York. But the way things are going nothing would shock me.

I'm not saying it won't happen but 500 sounds awful high.

I know I read on a memo last week we have over 12,000 employees and 200+ terminals, but I wonder how many drivers?

I could see 500 system wide. Maybe not all L/H but out of 12k employee's nation wide. Why not. Guys sitting home until Thursday.. Yeah I can see something happening.. Who ever is driving the out of control freight train needs to worry about Estes and not what YRC and others are doing IMO

No layoffs/work-reductions here @ 024 yet. Were still pretty steady and like I said before just put some extra help on. I think the sign in the front door says were still looking for Linehaul drivers. I did hear they got rid of all the full time 3rd shift guys in Elkton and that the hub drivers will be doing all the dock work now.

Memphis will be opening their new terminal up soon..Has anyone heard if there are going to be smaller hubs in the area closed due to them expanding??Heard that Jackson, Miss may be one of them..

I guess it's probably a bad time to ask how much of an increase are we supposed to get this year.

Jackson,TN will probably not be going anywhere because they just moved to a new terminal formerly owned by YRC. Memphis will be moving to a former YRC terminal within the next month or two as soon as the bypass lanes get finalized.

Heard Wayne Young was going to be in Portland Oregon Tuesday to look at the terminal that reed-way move out of! Is Portland going to be moving?