ODFL | ESTES ......... going to become ODFL?

Rumor here is fedx national is going to be the weak link in fedx s system. Will eventually be merged in to fedx freight. Of course fedx will say it all good but will have really of lost millions on the deal.

Estes is a privately held third generation Company started in the southeast. They advertise that they have 27000 pieces of equipment with 13000 employees. Covering 5 regions of the united states. A multi regional carrier that also has links to Mexico and Canada. filling up the rest with a quick statement about air freight, Hawaii, Alaska and of course the rest of the world. Because they are not a public corporation their balance sheet is not public.

Being a third generation company started in the same region as OD Their is probably a good chance that the two families are closely associated, knowing each other. Most the time competing animosities can be swept under the carpet and they probably at least have a friendly associate relationship if not close Friends. Since you cannot see Estes balance sheet you would not know if they are in any kind of financial trouble also not know what the division of assets in the family is or other divisions are.

The merger idea though entertaining to bring forth would be very complicated. the two companies brought together would not fit like a glove. The big benefit that I see in the different business plans is OD may not be as strong regionally as Estes who states that they are a 5 region multi regional carrier. Not stating if they are strong on moving freight in the longer mileage.

The rumor/theory seems very unlikely to me though in the future as their becomes different situations in the LTL sector things like this may happen. How it would be worked out in the end would be a guess unless you were part of the two teams of attorneys being paid the big bucks to put it all together.

wow how does this stupid stuff start.i'll tell you a quick story why this is dumb.way back in 1967 two competing transportation companies who ran in the same areas merged.all this redundant area and property put them out of business in 1975

can you say penn central?

:hysterical: I dont know much about ODFL but why would ODFL want to have anything to do with a 2nd rate ltl carrier. Estes could damage steel 2" rods if it hits the correct break bulk. You may think I am full of it but I have seen it first hand. I work elsewhere now but Big E was a waste of 3 1/2 years of my life.

anywhere

:hysterical: I dont know much about ODFL but why would ODFL want to have anything to do with a 2nd rate ltl carrier. Estes could damage steel 2" rods if it hits the correct break bulk. You may think I am full of it but I have seen it first hand. I work elsewhere now but Big E was a waste of 3 1/2 years of my life.

That can happen at any company.It takes a good attitude,thorough training,close supervision,and more good attitude to prevent claims.The employee that damages freight because of an anger problem or is dissatisfied with his job needs to go.

wow how does this stupid stuff start.i'll tell you a quick story why this is dumb.way back in 1967 two competing transportation companies who ran in the same areas merged.all this redundant area and property put them out of business in 1975

can you say penn central?

just when you think you know what.... strike that. who you are working for they up and sell you or buy another company that made no sense! who's next!

I have several stocks going across my xm receiver and most of them are the big ltl companies and estes stock is $12.25 as of 12-13-06.Sure doesn't look like to me there is much there to be buying anyone very soon.The rumor about OD owing estes money is hogwash,when frederickson went belly up they were running out of a terminal in high point nc and when OD took freddy under their wings they were running the gbo city guys out of that terminal.OD ran out of that terminal until the lease was up that freddy had already had and gbo expanded their own dock and brought the city guys back.The lease that was on the term that estes owned was paid in full.YOU DON"T KNOW THE POWER OF ODFL

Meds

I have several stocks going across my xm receiver and most of them are the big ltl companies and estes stock is $12.25 as of 12-13-06.Sure doesn't look like to me there is much there to be buying anyone very soon.The rumor about OD owing estes money is hogwash,when frederickson went belly up they were running out of a terminal in high point nc and when OD took freddy under their wings they were running the gbo city guys out of that terminal.OD ran out of that terminal until the lease was up that freddy had already had and gbo expanded their own dock and brought the city guys back.The lease that was on the term that estes owned was paid in full.YOU DON"T KNOW THE POWER OF ODFL

Luke you need to back off those meds a little bit.I know BB season is here and the Doc has probably got you on strong anti depressants,but you're starting to hear things as far as the Estes stock goes.Easy Luke ,your season will be over before you know it and everything will be back to normal.