ODFL | ESTES ......... going to become ODFL?

Luke you need to back off those meds a little bit.I know BB season is here and the Doc has probably got you on strong anti depressants,but you're starting to hear things as far as the Estes stock goes.Easy Luke ,your season will be over before you know it and everything will be back to normal.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

i'd like to see that ticker. estes has always been a family owned company. unless i missed something i doubt very uch they went public.

I have several stocks going across my xm receiver and most of them are the big ltl companies and estes stock is $12.25 as of 12-13-06.Sure doesn't look like to me there is much there to be buying anyone very soon.The rumor about OD owing estes money is hogwash,when frederickson went belly up they were running out of a terminal in high point nc and when OD took freddy under their wings they were running the gbo city guys out of that terminal.OD ran out of that terminal until the lease was up that freddy had already had and gbo expanded their own dock and brought the city guys back.The lease that was on the term that estes owned was paid in full.YOU DON"T KNOW THE POWER OF ODFL

i worked at od before i came to estes, and as bad i think estes is od was much worse. atleast when i was there. there is a reason that most of the guys you have at od were fired estes guys. and old od guys at estes were guys that quit and came to estes lol

and to quote a dock supervisor that worked both places as well. "we haul better freight in our dumpster than they do in thier trailers"

lol...

Stock market

i'd like to see that ticker. estes has always been a family owned company. unless i missed something i doubt very uch they went public.

With all of the talk that I hear about how estes is so big and being a very profitable ltl carrier,which I have no doubts that they are,how come they are not a public company, what is their reason for not?

With all of the talk that I hear about how estes is so big and being a very profitable ltl carrier,which I have no doubts that they are,how come they are not a public company, what is their reason for not?

owners of a company will take there business public to generate cash with high hopes of a big boom and large pay checks. but, when the owner has more than enought money to do the same and still control all aspects of the business its better.

So, if estes is NOT publicly traded then that MAY mean that the owners have really deep pockets and they can buy or sell without share holders permission!!!! oh just like PJAX did to his employees.....

truth be told you don't understand the power of MONEY!!!!!!!:duh:

Scrutinized

Thats a fair analysis.I'm under the impression that there is a (fear factor) also for them not to be public.:hide: Why not be,all of the other major ltl companies are?Could there possibly be a concern for estes to be scrutinized by the public eye,despite the big daddy warbucks senario?

its all about the money, when a company gets to a point where an old man is looking at fishing all day and sitting around reading the paper etc. or continuing to fight thru the daily struggle of moving freight??????

guess which one he will choose?

bingo, cash that cannot run out before he dies!

just like sheriden garrison of American Freight ways now know as FEXEX FREIGHT .... he cashed out big time then with in a few years died on his personal lake fishing! and all that money is still here he didn't spend it all.

so yes its all about the CASH!:chairshot:

A company that is on the stock market verses a company that isn't is like comparing apples to oranges.I don't care how much money a company claims they have,especially one thats not public that can hide their debt as well as profits easier than one thats public.Customers and investors look at numbers and numbers do not lie.If estes is making profits where are they putting their investments?Traders would have numbers to look at if estes were public.Evidently they don't have much to not be a public company.If they do have such capital,then why not make use of it and double their investments.Hmmmm?

why would one want ot go public and have to share your profits? being public doesn't make it a good thing and not being public does not make it bad. if owned a company i for one would not want it public i would want to do what i see fit and not what the shareholders say. going public is all about raising money to make purchases,expansion,etc,etc. if you have the cash already there is no need to go public.

The key words here is private corporation. Estes I am sure is a Private corporation. This kind of corporation would have issued its shares (stock) between the owner or owners. Has a board of directors usually the share owners. There are many aspects of this basically the owners with hopefully good corporate attorneys and accountants maximize personal profits and limit loss taxes and other liabilities doing so in a manner that is legal or close to legal as possible. Within the law. The corporation can provide a way to separate the owners personally from the business. Private corporations are under auditing regulations by the IRS, worker compensation insurance companies and other minor usually insurance companies. Records can also be audited by government agencies such as state and federal DOTs. A private corporation is not obligated to publicly report and may stretch the truth when it makes public statemants

If a private corporation goes public it is usually a way to raise capitol for expansion. Though the owners can keep a majority number of shares to retain control of the board of directors the corporation is now held accountable for its actions these are audited by more government and private agencies and placed in the public domain. Such as the securities and exchange commission, SEC. The remainder of the shares are sold on the market a continuous auction. Investors can view the supposed to be transparent corporation and attempt to determine its value. The funds the corporation made for future expansion were made in the IPO. Initial public offering. after the corporation acquires these funds it is obligated to maximize its profit potential for the shareholders benefit. It goes on and on there are buybacks, splits, dividends lots to learn.

I can tell you now, that OD and Estes will never merge together..there is no need for them too. Why would they..No stupid the answer is not to be a giant company dummy, they can do that anyway. They are both very rich and making money hand over foot and they don't need to do anything such as that when they can grow on there own. When are you drivers (so called) going to learn to listen to facts from people who really instead of a dumb driver. Wake up truck drivers and act like a real human being.

Shouldn't that be OLD ESTES ??? LOL

sure it should:duh:
all this talk about publicly traded not pubicly traded........
example ENRON - DELPHI - ETC

the they are going to put the screws to the employees do you really think they are going to tell you? In both cases Officers of the companies are or were being called to grand jury's and being tried for insider trading fraud embezzlment. and the fact that there is a union in place didn't save anything.
80% plus of delphi's work force was forced into early retirement from fears of delphi going out of business and now they are hiring people at 1/3 the hourly rate way less bennys
and there is still a union.
I guess my point is that there is no promises anymore. just be glad your check cashes on fridays

i have to agree with shifter,it would make no since to do such a thing considering how large both companies are.now if estes was the size of nemf or pitt-ohio ,ok

Merger!!!!!

Estes is a privately held third generation Company started in the southeast. They advertise that they have 27000 pieces of equipment with 13000 employees. Covering 5 regions of the united states. A multi regional carrier that also has links to Mexico and Canada. filling up the rest with a quick statement about air freight, Hawaii, Alaska and of course the rest of the world. Because they are not a public corporation their balance sheet is not public.

Being a third generation company started in the same region as OD Their is probably a good chance that the two families are closely associated, knowing each other. Most the time competing animosities can be swept under the carpet and they probably at least have a friendly associate relationship if not close Friends. Since you cannot see Estes balance sheet you would not know if they are in any kind of financial trouble also not know what the division of assets in the family is or other divisions are.

The merger idea though entertaining to bring forth would be very complicated. the two companies brought together would not fit like a glove. The big benefit that I see in the different business plans is OD may not be as strong regionally as Estes who states that they are a 5 region multi regional carrier. Not stating if they are strong on moving freight in the longer mileage.

The rumor/theory seems very unlikely to me though in the future as their becomes different situations in the LTL sector things like this may happen. How it would be worked out in the end would be a guess unless you were part of the two teams of attorneys being paid the big bucks to put it all together.
:duh: In these time's meaning finacial tightness it only make's sence for the smaller companies to merge to try and compete against the bigger carriers,it;s just a matter of time,look at Watkins which was privatly held family business they sold out,it's just a matter of time.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2