ODFL | ESTES ......... going to become ODFL?

:duh: In these time's meaning finacial tightness it only make's sence for the smaller companies to merge to try and compete against the bigger carriers,it;s just a matter of time,look at Watkins which was privatly held family business they sold out,it's just a matter of time.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Times of financial tightness. What. The fininancial tightness of Estes may not be transparant but ODs is. The current slowdown is in its 1st 4 months. Not really long enough for Corporate excutives to decide if a new buisness plan to the future is neccasary.

agreed,have been hearing that one awhile,i even went on the aaacooper board and left the question out there and pretty much every one said rumor.however look at it this way what if OD did buy them and leave them as they are and interline everything out of their area into the OD system.would that be profitable for OD in the longrun?

Duplication

agreed,have been hearing that one awhile,i even went on the aaacooper board and left the question out there and pretty much every one said rumor.however look at it this way what if OD did buy them and leave them as they are and interline everything out of their area into the OD system.would that be profitable for OD in the longrun?

Look at AAA's service centers,then O.D.'s.Lot of duplication,but who knows.I don't.

Never thought of that one. Good theory. I do think there is a good chance AAA is for sell. My thought is that the LTL division would be worth more to another carrier wanting to open that region than OD would be willing to pay. Though I do not know much about AAAs truckload division OD may have a real interest in opening a truckload division this may be little or no interest in another buyer could it be split off and sold.