Estes | Estes Purchase of YRC Terminals IS HEAVENLY!!

I am not restraining your so called "free and open discussion". I am just pointing out that you are trying to comment on the business practice of a company that you are completly ignorant about. You cannot make blanket statements about corporate business and just make a general application to all companies.

We are a private owned debt free family company, not traded publicly. We don't have to answer to shareholders nor banks. This gives us a whole different approach than the company you are familiar with. But you cannot break your mind set of many years and understand this. You keep trying to compare apples with oranges. So the only one "perceiving an illusion of facts" as applies to Estes is you.

ok guys if i go through and delete the bad posts, you all will have them deleted
if i give infractions we all would get them

if we don't calm down i will close these threads .we all have gotten a warning myself included

You seem to know then what I am talking about. Your inability to allow free and open discussion about what is perceived to be facts, or what could be an illusion.

I'm sorry I know I'm a little late with this post. But I had to say something 2000. Your guys over on the union/non-union debate forum do the same to us. If we have something legit to say, they call us idiots, ignorant, and union haters.I don't want to come across as being a 3rd grader. This IS an open forum, unlike the above mentioned one. We welcome other people's thoughts. JUST DON"T TRY TO SHOVE THE UNION DOWN OUR THROATS!!! You will get a strong rebut. I know you are,or try to be, bias. Just exspect us not to agree all the time,that's all.:smilie_132:wavindathand

I'm sorry I know I'm a little late with this post. But I had to say something 2000. Your guys over on the union/non-union debate forum do the same to us. If we have something legit to say, they call us idiots, ignorant, and union haters.I don't want to come across as being a 3rd grader. This IS an open forum, unlike the above mentioned one. We welcome other people's thoughts. JUST DON"T TRY TO SHOVE THE UNION DOWN OUR THROATS!!! You will get a strong rebut. I know you are,or try to be, bias. Just exspect us not to agree all the time,that's all.:smilie_132:wavindathand

Yea, I stopped by that debate forum and mentioned the union and non-union companies didn't pay much money 10 years ago and the union drivers ganged up on me like I was chicken liver in a catfish pond

Yea, I stopped by that debate forum and mentioned the union and non-union companies didn't pay much money 10 years ago and the union drivers ganged up on me like I was chicken liver in a catfish pond

That's because you said your pay 10 years ago was better. You failed to mention that was because you were an Owner/Operator, and your pay stub reflected that in a commission based payout with a fuel surcharge added.
We were discussing what company drivers made, so your attempt to debate the subject was squashed with your ridiculous attempt at showing parity between the pay scales of 10 years. Come back anytime and debate, but debate with true facts and not hide behind something that did not have any relevancy to the subject we were talking about.

I try to be open and not incite people just because they may not agree to the same ideals I have, If we are discussing something, then open and honest debate is fine. Clouding the facts, or incorrect information, is were I will attempt to interject what I perceive to be the truth.
I won't try and shove anything down someones throat, as you say. I only want people to understand that much mis-information is usually passed around when talk about the ( U ) is mentioned.
I will always do my best to give accurate, honest response to questions. No reason to lie about an organization that I belong to. If it's not for you, or others, then that is fine. Just I hope you respect that if I see, or hear, wrong or misleading information, then I feel the need to interject my thoughts.
I have stayed away from here for a while, only to read a post from Mildew which was another misleading debate he ventured on, and I explained that on my reply.
If we all keep to the facts, we will all be much better.
Be safe out there.

I try to be open and not incite people just because they may not agree to the same ideals I have, If we are discussing something, then open and honest debate is fine. Clouding the facts, or incorrect information, is were I will attempt to interject what I perceive to be the truth.
I won't try and shove anything down someones throat, as you say. I only want people to understand that much mis-information is usually passed around when talk about the ( U ) is mentioned.
I will always do my best to give accurate, honest response to questions. No reason to lie about an organization that I belong to. If it's not for you, or others, then that is fine. Just I hope you respect that if I see, or hear, wrong or misleading information, then I feel the need to interject my thoughts.
I have stayed away from here for a while, only to read a post from Mildew which was another misleading debate he ventured on, and I explained that on my reply.
If we all keep to the facts, we will all be much better.
Be safe out there.

What type of info 2000? This is not a "U" forum. This is an Estes forum. You go from forum to forum trying to answer questions people are not directly asking YOU to answer. We don't need to discuss "U" matters here, we talk about OUR company. As of today I will cease to visit any "U" forum. I did have to answer a couple of assinine questions your brothers ask me a few minutes ago, but, as of now no more.In others words,in case you don't get it I'll quote one of your brothers."If your not with us--Your against us".:smilie_132:wavindathandbye-bye

That's because you said your pay 10 years ago was better. You failed to mention that was because you were an Owner/Operator, and your pay stub reflected that in a commission based payout with a fuel surcharge added.
We were discussing what company drivers made, so your attempt to debate the subject was squashed with your ridiculous attempt at showing parity between the pay scales of 10 years. Come back anytime and debate, but debate with true facts and not hide behind something that did not have any relevancy to the subject we were talking about.

I don't think he said HIS pay was better 10 years ago, he said the "U" and "NON" pay was not as good 10 years ago.In quote #67.Please quote the facts, as you say.

I don't think he said HIS pay was better 10 years ago, he said the "U" and "NON" pay was not as good 10 years ago.In quote #67.Please quote the facts, as you say.

Yes, he said his pay was better 10 years ago, and went so far as to post his pay stub that showed he made $5000 a week. His statement as to why he no longer works in that job was " money isn't everything". Of course his postings were just meant to mislead, instead of a direct comparison of the true facts.

What type of info 2000?
Wherever I see mis-information posted.
This is not a "U" forum.
Doesn't have to be, the rules state, so long as I don't mention, or incite, then I can ( and will ) post anywhere I want if I find something I want to respond to. ( except for the Non Union Section )
This is an Estes forum. You go from forum to forum trying to answer questions people are not directly asking YOU to answer.
So what you are saying is, unless someone asks a specific person a question, then no one can respond on any thread ? You really need to look into the basic concept of the Truckingboard. It's for all to exchange ideas, comments and general talk.
We don't need to discuss "U" matters here, we talk about OUR company.
Yes, and I only visited here when the thread was talking about the parent corporation I work under was involved in a Land purchase with your company. Sounds like I had as much interest in the discussion as you did. If you feel otherwise, tell Jeff !
As of today I will cease to visit any "U" forum.
That forum was not a "u" forum, but a forum we both could visit and exchange ideas and viewpoints. As the heading says, if you can't take the heat then stay out, so I guess that is why you are leaving.
I did have to answer a couple of assinine questions your brothers ask me a few minutes ago, but, as of now no more.In others words,in case you don't get it I'll quote one of your brothers."If your not with us--Your against us".:smilie_132:wavindathandbye-bye
You seemed to incite those others for whatever reason with the banter that went back and forth. I saw what you wrote, and I don't understand why you decided to respond that way. Either way, I have no hard feelings and only wanted to talk and exchange open and factual ideas. Take that any way you choose.
Still, be safe out there and may things go your way always.

Wherever I see mis-information posted. Doesn't have to be, the rules state, so long as I don't mention, or incite, then I can ( and will ) post anywhere I want if I find something I want to respond to. ( except for the Non Union Section )So what you are saying is, unless someone asks a specific person a question, then no one can respond on any thread ? You really need to look into the basic concept of the Truckingboard. It's for all to exchange ideas, comments and general talk.Yes, and I only visited here when the thread was talking about the parent corporation I work under was involved in a Land purchase with your company. Sounds like I had as much interest in the discussion as you did. If you feel otherwise, tell Jeff !That forum was not a "u" forum, but a forum we both could visit and exchange ideas and viewpoints. As the heading says, if you can't take the heat then stay out, so I guess that is why you are leaving.You seemed to incite those others for whatever reason with the banter that went back and forth. I saw what you wrote, and I don't understand why you decided to respond that way. Either way, I have no hard feelings and only wanted to talk and exchange open and factual ideas. Take that any way you choose.
Still, be safe out there and may things go your way always.

Then help solve the problems, don't be a part of the problem 2000. Telling people there're wrong without finding out where this person got their info, is not the right thing to do.This person may be one of those"I heard from a driver" or "you aint gonna believe this s**t" type person. We need several problems solved. Our company has worked with your company for years. So lets try to help not intimidate. Cause both of us know,neither one of us are easily scared.:smilie_132:wavindat hand

Then help solve the problems, don't be a part of the problem 2000. Telling people there're wrong without finding out where this person got their info, is not the right thing to do.This person may be one of those"I heard from a driver" or "you aint gonna believe this s**t" type person. We need several problems solved. Our company has worked with your company for years. So lets try to help not intimidate. Cause both of us know,neither one of us are easily scared.:smilie_132:wavindat hand

I do help solve problems with factual answers to what I perceive to be an honest questions. What we both know is references to the organization I belong to will prompt a reply if the statements are false or misleading. Same for company I work for if the information is wrong or is just speculation.
As for Mildew, the statement I referred to in the above posts, "he" stated he was the one who made more money ... not "I heard it from a driver" stuff. Read my reply, or go back to his original posts on the topic.

I do help solve problems with factual answers to what I perceive to be an honest questions. What we both know is references to the organization I belong to will prompt a reply if the statements are false or misleading. Same for company I work for if the information is wrong or is just speculation.
As for Mildew, the statement I referred to in the above posts, "he" stated he was the one who made more money ... not "I heard it from a driver" stuff. Read my reply, or go back to his original posts on the topic.

If you are referring to quote #67, we must be reading it differently. I already made a rebut in a later quote as to what I understood him to say.

Nevermind I guess I'm not explaining myself "correctly".

In quote #67, and 67 only, he said that "NON -UNION and UNION companies did not pay a lot 10 years ago". If he made another quote somewhere else that I don't know about then I'd rather not comment on it because I haven't read it.

If you are referring to quote #67, we must be reading it differently. I already made a rebut in a later quote as to what I understood him to say.

He ( Mildew ) was referring to a different thread were he was debating about pay scales between non and "u" companies 10 years ago. That is were he got caught up with saying he made more 10 years ago, but he actually was an owner/operator, not a company driver. He has since not responded after he posted his pay stub on the thread and I pointed out he was an O/O, which shouldn't have relevance to the company driver pay scales.