Estes Purchase of YRC Terminals IS HEAVENLY!!

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by Starkravinloon, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Kings disciple

Kings disciple Ecc. 12:13

Elvis is fat? Naw I don't believe it.....:shrug:

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You LISTEN to no one:nutkick:

3. Starkravinloon

You POOR man. SSSSHHHH Keep that a secret

4. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

why the gay colors you trying to say something ????

5. shoeman

shoeman Modulator

You got a new kid now, got to make that spare change where you can.:biglaugh:

6. FX Sam

FX Sam Member

Originally Posted by thebeerboy

I mentioned meeting up with you when I was going to your barn and what did you do to me???? Remember???

7. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

well was you being a manager or a person ??? if i recall that comment was made right after i got in your a s s . so takin the whole situation i took it as a threat. but thats ok you cried to the powers to be and your here .... calling out mods

8. cunningman

cunningman New Member

excess equipment at YRC is nothing but scrap,or haven't you noticed the tractors / trailers they run on the street

9. FX Sam

FX Sam Member

That may sound like alot of cash but the payroll and fuel will eat that up in a heartbeat. Running at a 116% OR will help eat it up even faster.

now figure in payments on loans, electric,phones,supplys and so on.

10. Overnite

Overnite Active Member

All this is happening is that estes gave Yrc a loan and there using the terminals as colateral, if YRC defaults which is more and more likely as news comes out everyday, then estes is left holding all of these terminals that aren't worth that much in this market.

Estes took a risk to help save yrc for some reason.

11. Kings disciple

Kings disciple Ecc. 12:13

I agree on what you are saying except for the risky part.

You stated those terminals are'nt worth much, but you gotta remember most of those old terminals are in prime locations were property is rare. Some of those terminals are very big with 100+ doors. On top of that Estes got them at bargain basement prices due to the situation of yrc and the real estate market being depressed right now also.

So if they do default we can use those terminals to grow our operation or lease them to another company, which ever suits our needs. Either way it's win-win with a very low risk factor.

Believe me, Mr. Estes is a very conservative business man and would'nt have done this if it was risky. He and his Dad have grown this company slow and easy. That's why we are in such a good position during this economic slow-down.

12. Starkravinloon

As the preacher says Overnite, " Oh ye of little faith". Imagine if you will, YRC goes under, all the terminals become Estes terminals, if it went down like you say.

1. YRC is not going down. If YRC goes down, can you imagine what that would do to the economy. 40+ thousand employees out of work. They might apply for restructure, not out of business. Another GM perhaps. CEO,gone.

2. If they do, Estes holds the deed to all the terminals they purchased. Economy levels out, property value increases, Estes has updated their terminals.

Estes has worked with carriers since our existance. You know , the Washington thing(you need me,I need you thing) for years now. It's beneficial to both parties.My brother, I hope I'm right and you're wrong, cause if you're right, it's going to be shear pandamonium. I'll assure you, NO one will be "dancing in the streets" if YRC fails. So. keep your chin up. and remember, the person we celebrated yesturday will always be with you.He does love all of us.

13. flstc2000

flstc2000 Member

I feel the need to comment. Not all of the corporate owned equipment is "scrap", as you refer to it.
    The division I work for has constantly updated all equipment, straight trucks, forklifts and has some of the newest and modern terminals in any system. My assigned tractor is a new Volvo of which we have purchased many over the last 2 years. I have watched as every year we get hundreds of replacement new trailers and retire the older units. Every new or rebuilt terminal in our system has stand-by axillary power so we never shut down in the event of a power outage. The power units all have hand held communication devices to transmit pick-ups and delivery's. As for the other divisions I know they have also received some new equipment too. Street or city units don't need to be new and most older companies use the equipment that is not road worthy for city peddle use.
    Don't knock us out yet, there is still a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, we may bounce back stronger, leaner and better able to compete with any carrier in operation today.

14. BusterNite

BusterNite Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is there anyone else that realizes this practice between Estes and YRC is NOTHING new, Its all been done before with the relationship between Estes and YRC.

15. Starkravinloon

Maybe:) Ya never know:)

16. mildew

mildew Super Moderator Staff Member

Where are all the yrc trucks? I very seldom see any. I'm told if yrcw went under we would only get a fraction of the accounts they have because we are not even close to the size of the company they are. I see twice as many of our ugly trucks going up and down the highway.

17. Starkravinloon

They're in the paint shop,man. Oops, I let the cat out of the bag. Remember, if the Tatalia's and the Gambino's ask questions, I know nothing.

18. Starkravinloon

Heard last night we bought some more terminals. Don't know where yet. Also 200 trucks from Ryder. 100 sleepers and 100 day cabs.Supposed to be 33 million dollars spent to purchase terminals.

19. Starkravinloon

Update!!! 50 day cab tandems and 50 sleepers.100 S/A tractors.

20. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

new or used ??? info pics what ya got lol