Estes | Estes to make major investment in transportation industry real estate with yrc

Yea,that eases my mind knowing the two or three hundred a week Ive been cut in pay has gone to shore up Robs real estate holdings.

If you want to take the time and read the SEC filings, you will find that YRC also leases property's to Estes, while this new transaction mentioned above, does the reverse, YRC sold property's to Estes and YRC leased them back.
Kind of like a corporate shell game, which shell has the money under it ?
YRC Worldwide- SEC Filings

well its 120 million dollar deal so i think estes has the money under their shell

well its 120 million dollar deal so i think estes has the money under their shell

You mean they HAD the money under their shell, now it's in YRC's pocket.
Tax write-offs ... they buy, you lease ... tax write-offs ... too bad it doesn't do the working man any good.
Bet those executives are doing just fine in today's economy !

When other companies are struggling to make pay-roll and the banks are telling them they can't borrow any funds to cover their over head, big E is buying multiple million dollar properties. That speaks volumes about our companys depth. As for myself I feel very fortunate to be were I am.

yup they do but it a;nt goin for you and your bud belly

Sure it is...we got a raise this year when most did'nt and our company is still kicking in to our 401k. So even though I'm not using my extra money to grow my "bud belly" as you put it, we are still reaping the benefits of a sharp corporate office.

You mean they HAD the money under their shell, now it's in YRC's pocket.
Tax write-offs ... they buy, you lease ... tax write-offs ... too bad it doesn't do the working man any good.
Bet those executives are doing just fine in today's economy !

Jealousy is such an ugly thing driver.....
Our executives deserve to do well because they keep me prosperous. I would'nt want their job but I'm glad they do what they do to keep me rolling.

Sure it is...we got a raise this year when most did'nt and our company is still kicking in to our 401k. So even though I'm not using my extra money to grow my "bud belly" as you put it, we are still reaping the benefits of a sharp corporate office.

Wal-mart recieved a big fat raise also. Its strange how some companies are getting paycuts and some are giving raise's at these depressing times. I remember hearing the word "corporate greed" used reguarly on this site. It don't look that way to me. I'm sure the increases will continue years to come.

As far as Rob waiting for yrc to go out I'm not real sure about that. It looks to me like he has taken advantage of a good deal on property and his investment is protected either way, if they do stay in biz. (which frankly I hope they do I got alot of friends over there) Rob will make money leasing the terminals back to them. If they do go out then we will have the facilities to handle the extra frieght.
Companies can always buy more equipment and hire more drivers dockworkers etc., but it is hard to find and secure good property for terminals. That is the key to moving more bills. You can't just pull into downtown Dallas, Detroit etc. and set up a terminal in a good location over night because of zoning, or other investors setting on the property till they get a big price for it.
So I think Rob sees this as a safe investment either way the yrc thing turns out.

he is makin fun of me kings . throwin shots at me. i just didn't respond to him
my rule is
if ya can't spell ain't well then ya drank to much
and i ain't got no need to fight with me sum drunks :nutkick::smilie_132:

he is makin fun of me kings . throwin shots at me. i just didn't respond to him
my rule is
if ya can't spell ain't well then ya drank to much
and i ain't got no need to fight with me sum drunks :nutkick::smilie_132:

Lol ok...that's a pretty good rule ya got there..I ain't never heard that one.

I got a raise 45$ and 35$ and 35$ in july its in are contract. Its just good to have a job.