Estes | Estes to make major investment in transportation industry real estate with yrc

And the same for you my trucking Friend. No hard feelings, I only wish that we can live and work as regular people without resorting to fear and the illusion that someone else is better then you or me. We are all the same, working people attempting to survive at the will of the large corporations who control our destiny.

No hard fellings here I promise. I don't live under the illusion of the fear of anyone being "better" than I. Nor do I live under the fear of large corporations controlling my destiny. I submit to the company I work and I pray for them, but I depend on a higher power to provide me with all my needs as He promised in His Word....

Phl. 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And the same for you my trucking Friend. No hard feelings, I only wish that we can live and work as regular people without resorting to fear and the illusion that someone else is better then you or me. We are all the same, working people attempting to survive at the will of the large corporations who control our destiny.

hats off to you and you are welcome to debate and post on estes anytime thanks for keeping on the issues . i think kings and flstc2000 are the new beerboy and elvis. good debate fellas. thanks for not personal attacking too much :biglaugh:

No hard fellings here I promise. I don't live under the illusion of the fear of anyone being "better" than I. Nor do I live under the fear of large corporations controlling my destiny. I submit to the company I work and I pray for them, but I depend on a higher power to provide me with all my needs as He promised in His Word....

Phl. 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Your best post tonight.

the stock never has reached .10 a share but if this deal was not down played and the ceo's came out and said that they where selling to make money before they close then what would the stock do ???
all I'm saying is I have been burned by YRCW and I know the heads of the company can not tell the truth no matter what

the stock never has reached .10 a share but if this deal was not down played and the ceo's came out and said that they where selling to make money before they close then what would the stock do ???
Of course the stock would have tanked. Thankfully, it didn't and YRC may have well changed the outcome for their future.
all I'm saying is I have been burned by YRCW and I know the heads of the company can not tell the truth no matter what
I don't believe anything management says either, I have been lied too, had the doors closed on a busy company after they said no way, so I feel the only trust I can place in people is my family.
Corporate America has changed, it longer works for the benefit of all, only for the enrichment of the select few in the executive boardroom.

screw the little guy i see it all the time. thats why im here at estes they lie to us on mondays and thursdays

ok cool lets get into a pissing match
how much more money did YRCW end up spending per year to refinance this debt........... let me help ya
42 MILLION a year.
rob did have this money
no he did not barrow it nor did he finance it.
soo i understand trying to make good of what is a desperate move on YRCW's part and cutting estes down makes everyone feel good
estes will be in the industry long after some of these heavy debited companies

one more question what does YRCW have to put up for their loans now ??? :duh:

I'm just saying if i was gonna forclose on a house i owed 100 grand on and its worth 200 k why would i let the bank profit ??? i would sell it for whatever profit i could pay the debt off and walk with what little profit i make.
think about it

or you guys are right we [estes] as a debt free company are the dumb ones. we are the ones who are scared that our company is gonna close any minute
noo wait thats not estes employees at all

I'm sorry what you guys are going through but don't come in estes and spread immature bullshit just to make your selves feel better

this is not directed just to flstc2000, this is for everyone LAST AND ONLY WARNING

The difference between the bank getting your house, and Rob getting a teminal, is..... The bank has no use for your house, and WILL liquidate it at a loss.... Rob, on the other hand, will move right in and use it!

I wouldn't read too much into this acquisition. This has been part of YRCW plan for a while to restructure their debt is to sell and lease back. If E didn't do it someone else would have and at the depressed values of these properties it was probably a steal for Mr. E

Some good info here about the Estes/YRC deal. As I was posting before and is stated in this article, this property deal with Estes will buy YRC some time to try to recover. If they do or not remains to be seen....notice also in this article that there was another $102m deal just previous to the $122m deal they just cut.

www.scdigest.com/assets/On_Target/09-02-24-3.php?cid=2291

Very true, an earlier deal was completed which allowed YRC to take a breath and add some much needed cash to the coffers. This deal with Estes is one of many which I am sure will follow as YRC changes and restructures their operating long term plan, freeing up unused terminals that will close as the combining of their long haul division in complete. Some are lease backs, some may be vacated, but with YRC extensive property assets I feel they can weather the long term until the economy picks back up. Of course many have speculated that YRC's demise is close, ( Feb. 12, 2009 ) and that time passed without event. Perhaps the next time could be April 2010 when the next loan dept payment is due. Who knows, but Bill Z., CEO of YRC stated “The reality is that because we’re the biggest, we have the most infrastructure and therefore the most operating leverage, and therefore we’re hit the most"
This posting is only meant for informational purposes only, not to incite or refute any posts made before or after.

We're not reading into anything we are only trying to help
Estes_Triples_10-15_02.jpg

We're not reading into anything we are only trying to help
Estes_Triples_10-15_02.jpg

Very good, you have now mastered the photoshop tool on your computer.
Remember, YRC is the largest, has the most assets and properties and is still rated as the number one LTL Carrier in the world.

Great pic mildew. Love it!

flstc2000 said:
Remember, YRC is the largest, has the most assets and properties and is still rated as the number one LTL Carrier in the world.
Yes, you are correct. The may be the largest and have the most assets and properties, etc, but they are bleeding cash like a sieve. That's the problem with a public corporation who needs to satisfy shareholders every quarter and who leveraged themselves to the hilt by going into massive debt by buying Roadway. Remember, Bank of America is the largest bank in the US and they are also going bankrupt. When it comes to public/private corporations, largest means nothing if you have massive debt. As the old saying goes, "Pride cometh before the fall".

Estes, on the other hand, is a private corporation, has no long term debt, is cash rich and bought these properties for 40% less than what they were worth 3 years ago. And they paid cash! They did not leverage themselves nor did they borrow the money. YRC is now paying Estes to lease them back. It's a win-win situation for Big E and a lose/lose situation for YRC.

In all honesty, I do not believe YRC will survive this depression without a bailout. (Are they "too big" to fail?). Their stock as I write this is $2.56 (and was as low as $120 on 11/20/08 and the 52 week high was $22.52 on 7/23/08. Also, I believe it was as high as around $40 about three years ago.

Great pic mildew. Love it!

Yes, you are correct. The may be the largest and have the most assets and properties, etc, but they are bleeding cash like a sieve. That's the problem with a public corporation who needs to satisfy shareholders every quarter and who leveraged themselves to the hilt by going into massive debt by buying Roadway. Remember, Bank of America is the largest bank in the US and they are also going bankrupt. When it comes to public/private corporations, largest means nothing if you have massive debt. As the old saying goes, "Pride cometh before the fall".
Yes, all very true and to the point !
Estes, on the other hand, is a private corporation, has no long term debt, is cash rich and bought these properties for 40% less than what they were worth 3 years ago.
What property is worth what is was 3 years ago ? Your house ... anything ... nothing is, so that point is moot.
And they paid cash! They did not leverage themselves nor did they borrow the money.
That is something that would need to be proved, right now that is only your opinion. I don't believe any large corporation or company would use large amounts of capitol to purchase anything. They always use banks, private equity firms or capitol ventures. That's how big business works.
YRC is now paying Estes to lease them back. It's a win-win situation for Big E and a lose/lose situation for YRC.
Again, don't forget that Estes also leases properties from YRC. Once again, that is how big business operates. It's also a very large tax write off to lease.
In all honesty, I do not believe YRC will survive this depression without a bailout. (Are they "too big" to fail?). Their stock as I write this is $2.56 (and was as low as $120 on 11/20/08 and the 52 week high was $22.52 on 7/23/08. Also, I believe it was as high as around $40 about three years ago.
There will be no "bail-out" of any trucking sector company or corporation. Stock prices go up and go down. Even the mighty FedEx has lost 50% of their value. YRC will survive, with no large dept repayment due until April 2010, large amounts of cash available now, plenty of excess property to sell, they can and will weather the storm. Just my opinion !