Holland | Eventual Holland Territory

Every terminal has flyers showing their points and service times. Holland does not use just one flyer system wide. Lets think before we post something like this.

I think what was announced is sad and I feel for those directly affected. It's pretty clear why it was done. Bad business decisions and bad economy. You live, learn and adjust to survive.

I don't see any "writing on the wall"..... what I do see are attemps to regain profitability and not some diabolical scheme to put every YRC employee in the soup line.

It's not just us Brothers..... this is going on accross America in every type of business.

they said it not me

Just because of the sec filings 2-13-08 doesn't mean its not in the cards. Seems that they have got a long way to go to cut what 50 million. They said 50 million ?in cuts to regional operations. and this is worth 10 million in savings. The new map has not got my terminal on it. We have got next day service to many locations.

i believe the number in the conference call
on the 28th was 22 mill not 50, could be wrong correct me if i am. second call on the 13th said the sale of the terminals they closed would cover the 10 mill they spent to do it. buffalo currently has next day service all the way to jo and ch. i dont see buffalo on this map like a lot of you dont see your terminal.
the fact is they havnt spent the money they
said they would on this restructure yet. when zollars says he's going to do something he does it, as we who listened found out. like another wise man in this post basically said
"look at the facts and you can figure out where this is going" (sorry to not quote you word for word) this isnt over yet in my opinion. these yrc people figured this out to the nearest dollar, its what they do. theres still at least 12 mill left if not more to go.

i believe the number in the conference call
on the 28th was 22 mill not 50, could be wrong correct me if i am. second call on the 13th said the sale of the terminals they closed would cover the 10 mill they spent to do it. buffalo currently has next day service all the way to jo and ch. i dont see buffalo on this map like a lot of you dont see your terminal.
the fact is they havnt spent the money they
said they would on this restructure yet. when zollars says he's going to do something he does it, as we who listened found out. like another wise man in this post basically said
"look at the facts and you can figure out where this is going" (sorry to not quote you word for word) this isnt over yet in my opinion. these yrc people figured this out to the nearest dollar, its what they do. theres still at least 12 mill left if not more to go.
dockster i am in a worst spot than you working out of albany ny . but we are loading about 3 trailers anight to you guys we are all working are asses off to keep this terminal open just hoping for the best good luck.

Latest Map 02-07-08

ScannedImage1.jpg

Sorry to be Doom and Gloom, but I have a bad feeling about this. Everybody wants to dismiss the SMALLER FOOTPRINT comment. We all know anything is possible and they are far from done!! Its a long way from a size 12 to a size 9.
Everyone take just a second here to smile, PLEASE! For everyone that knows where little Gaylord Michigan is...... I sure hope that the SMALLER FOOTPRINT requires going from a EEE to just an E. And I hope they are not wanting to trim their middle toe nail.:hysterical: Just joking of course. I wish the best future for all of us. We have no control of it anyway. Good luck to all of you.:1036316054:

What was it, 2 months ago when Holland announced 2 day service from the Carolinas to Minn. among other lanes? I saw posts on here from employees of other companies amazed and doubting it. The fact of the matter is, we already have been doing it just not charging premium for it. Here is the key... Get linehaul rolling early! Period!!! Everything else seems to fall in place after that! :hide:

for as strong as Holland was it's hard to believe that it will "all go" People were probably saying the same thing when they owned Saia.We became stronger when they spun us off.just hang in their

hey grizz how did you make out with bad weather last week?????? Hope all is well! Do ya miss me?????Gooooo Gordon drive for 5......................................................

Thanks for asking Johnboy. I peddle the area in Jackson Tn. that was hit by the tornado. I've lived in this area my whole life and have never witnessed anything like this before. I saw 2 twisters from I 40 during my drive back to the ME barn. This storm hit 3 tractor-trailers traveling west on I40. It actually through them out in the woods. Fed-x National terminal was blown away. You've probably seen the College on the news, amazing nobody was killed. "Baptist College" GRIZZ

Nope it came from a dispatcher from jm , had a brand new stack of them.But they are around at other areas also.What is the big deal any way if it does't mean anything or does it?:smilie_132: