Holland | Eventual Holland Territory

will if it's next day service points then where is knoxville's chicago land next day 4 bids on 3-2 schedules when did these maps show up first time i have seen them

One popped up at our terminal today.
USF HOLLAND.
Best in Americas Heartland
Encourage customers to ship to and within the Heartland
( IL, IN, MI, OH, KY, WI, Erie and Pittsburgh.
It is stating these are the core states.

One of our drivers came in on thursday and said one of his freinds that works for conway told him they had a sales meeting and the terminal manager their told them Holland would be closeing everything below LE.The new regional vp was at our terminal at this time and was told about this his words were this is NOT true and he called HO and said conway would be getting a phone call from a Holland lawyer.

One of our drivers came in on thursday and said one of his freinds that works for conway told him they had a sales meeting and the terminal manager their told them Holland would be closeing everything below LE.The new regional vp was at our terminal at this time and was told about this his words were this is NOT true and he called HO and said conway would be getting a phone call from a Holland lawyer.

Imagine that, Conway drivers spreading false rumors about a union company, nothing new for them. Everyone remember how pissed they were about a year ago when rumors were going around about them?

will if it's next day service points then where is knoxville's chicago land next day 4 bids on 3-2 schedules when did these maps show up first time i have seen them

Ask your sales rep for a service map for your terminal. We have been giving maps like these to customers in GR since I have been with Holland, about 11 years.

Ask your sales rep for a service map for your terminal. We have been giving maps like these to customers in GR since I have been with Holland, about 11 years.

One popped up at our terminal today.
USF HOLLAND.
Best in Americas Heartland
Encourage customers to ship to and within the Heartland
( IL, IN, MI, OH, KY, WI, Erie and Pittsburgh.
It is stating these are the core states.

AT is within our next day area in LO but like Overboard said they are saying to
"Encourage customers to ship to and within the Heartland (IL, IN, MI, OH, KY, WI)" its never good to down size, is it? All we can do is show up and ride it until its gone, if you think any of us can do anything but draw a check I think you're wrong. We are where we are because we are the best in the business but if the paper pushers won't let us be the best what can we do about it. When you see, as most of us do, that the company doesn't care about its customers, its employees or the quality of management that they hire to "lead" us to better times, then maybe its just a matter of time before they'll be calling me "USFer" on the boards. If you don't think so ask "CFer".

AT is within our next day area in LO but like Overboard said they are saying to
"Encourage customers to ship to and within the Heartland (IL, IN, MI, OH, KY, WI)" its never good to down size, is it? All we can do is show up and ride it until its gone, if you think any of us can do anything but draw a check I think you're wrong. We are where we are because we are the best in the business but if the paper pushers won't let us be the best what can we do about it. [When you see, as most of us do, that the company doesn't care about its customers, its employees or the quality of management that they hire to "lead" us to better times, then maybe its just a matter of time] before they'll be calling me "USFer" on the boards. If you don't think so ask "CFer".
Well said Benny. We are only as good as our mgt. team let us be. I can't speak for yours, but ours is not letting us be as good as we used to be. I can guarantee, yes guarantee, that our drivers up here care more about service than our mgt. to do. We fix their potential service failures often, but sometimes we don't know about them until it's too late. I know that us worthless teamsters have bad attitudes, but when it comes to the customers, we know who butters our toast. Unfortunately, up here customer service is quite low on the priority list. That is not just trash talk either. If the failures are reported correctly, the big boys should be asking some questions.... Like why? By the way, I just finished updating my RESUME!:1036316054:

I am not dismissing any of this but why would they come out promoting the new next day and 2 day lanes coming out of the Carolinas if it wasnt going to be profitable for them. I mean come on 2 day from charlotte to MS? Leaves the competition scratching their heads wondering what they're doing wrong. I have seen other posts on this site doubting we could ever do it, but knowing the way we can/should operate it is definitely a huge $ maker for us. My concern is that once Yellow figures out Hollands Next/2 day system, we will be gone!!:hide:

My concern is that once Yellow figures out Hollands Next/2 day system, we will be gone!!:hide:

That right there!!

We were told(unofficially) that yellow had tried the regional/1 and 2 day stuff before and wasn't very successful and that's why they bought us.
I just hope the only thing they figure out is to let us do what we do.

That right there!!

We were told(unofficially) that yellow had tried the regional/1 and 2 day stuff before and wasn't very successful and that's why they bought us.
I just hope the only thing they figure out is to let us do what we do.

That's why they let NewPenn do there own thing.