Every Republican is a Racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FLYINGBY, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Who says everyone need to go?
    Everyone should have the opportunity if they want to, but not everyone should
    Alternative schools can teach the trades, sometimes picking the right trade will actually earn you more than a 4 year degree considering time lost in school hence income lost and debts incurred.
    Once in awhile the web has story's bout it and which trades look good (not trucking)

2. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Your beloved president has said that everyone should go to college
    I content for a lot of people that is a waste of time, energy and money

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Then it's not a junior college, it's a satellite college of a major one... LSU has several satellite campuses throughout my state, and the main campus Board of Regents elect whether to offer 4 year degrees or not.. Sounds the same as you guys have down there...

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Don't be eliminating people like me.......your ass will starve. lol

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I'm in favor of cutting the wasteful spending, and cutting back on the money sent to countries that hate our guts, and use that money to pay for people to go to college. Not everyone........just those who have the desire to get higher education and have the high school grades to justify the expense.

6. Magoo

I still call them Jr. what they used to be called I think ahead and worry about trying to spell community which is a derivative of commune and Jimmy will flip

7. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

13 States so far have authorized Community Colleges to offer certain Bachelors Degrees, most of those schools that are currently offering 4 year degrees have removed the word "Community" from their name but they are in no way part of the State Colleges. We have Satellite State Colleges in Az and their tuition is the same as the main campus.

8. Starkravinloon

If the university offers 4 years degrees, then they are going to be equal in tuition.... Does matter of they are Junior Colleges or not... I say of they offer BA's then they should offer a Master...

9. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I blame the minority of bankers in the Federal Reserve.
    Their the only ones making out while the whole world's in debt.

Small business to the biggest live on loans and debt.....takes pay and bennies down. Creates competition to the point of everybody constantly serving the banks and debt.

College is a whole debt game.

Our whole career/ business world is debt.

The economic teaching comes from the banks.

They are the reason money needs printing.
    They over loan and it ain't gonna come back.
    They just go under change names and continue on.
    Same people different name.

Ya don't need a pay check ya just need credit. Credit for college. Credit for your business. Credit for your car. Credit for your house. Credit for your furniture. Credit for your appliances. Credit for your clothes and vacations....

Get rid of all that and go back to union paychecks and you'll have a conservative society.
    Debt at minimum. Everywhere. Cut down the banks and sick loan game.

10. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I agree. Its all about debt.
    We don't need so much college.
    Manufacturing is what we need.
    Too much pressure on kids for something that aintvdoin nothing for us as a whole. Too much pressure on families or grads to come up with outrageous money. And if they can't pay it we all do. Its a racket for the banks. Debt from 18- the house and education is paid off. We all compete for the bankers who don't have too.
    Manufacturing and getting dirty raised many families without overburdening debt.
    Women had their babies....no time with all the education and debt that comes with it....Pregnant? Can't afford it. Gotta pay the banks.....gotta kill it.
    Or don't have any.

11. Bubba74

There are many problems with our university system:

1- the govt is willing to give you as much money as you need to pay for school. This allows the schools to charge whatever they want because the govt will cut them a check for that amount.
    2- Most students spend the 1st year doing stuff they should have learned in high school. Thus, your 4 year degree now takes 5 years- see point above
    3- Most of the universities require a liberal component, ie arts, humanities. Therefore, you are paying for several classes that you dont need- see point one (1)
    4- Scheduling often causes conflict. You need a class (point 3) that class is only offered at certain times and conflicts with another class you need (point 3) thus dragging out time spent at school (point 1)

College and universities are big business. The endowment at Harvard is north of $30 billion. They can and do routinely raise tuition 5-15% a year (UofL has done so every year that I have lived here) and can get away with it, once again see point 1

12. Magoo

A college education is suppose to broaden your horizons, not just be a trade school.
    When you get out in the world it helps to know a bit of what others are talking about even if you know very little it does give you a leg up.

13. Starkravinloon

That still doesn't excuse the fact that tuition has risen higher in the last 7 years than any other time in history.... And, more kids are having to stay home because Dad and Mom can't qualify for help... As tuition goes up, the Feds should adjust the rules, that way certain kids that score good on their SAT or ACT can get help, but it hasn't for middle income families.... The guidelines have remained the same...

The bottom line, big universities are big business and they aren't backing down..

14. Bubba74

forcing someone to take a class on something that they are not interested in is a waste of time
    I had to take art history, hated the class got an A but could not tell you the first thing about art history. Got through the tests but learned nothing.
    Nothing retained, deleted that file early on.

15. Magoo

Kids with really good grades usually receive full scholarships
    The not so good ones are having the problems with debt, it doesn't mean they won't do well in some field just they weren't outstanding in High School.
    Of course if you study your kiester off & sacrifice for years then finally become a professor at a University you would think your salary should be something decent right?
    I mean should a truck driver make more than a University professor?

Look if you want help for your kids to go to school then voting Republican is exactly what you don't want to do

16. Starkravinloon

Not true.. My daughter scored a 31 out of 32 on her ACT tests.. Applied for Westinghouse and other scholarships.. Because of what her Mom and I made, she didn't qualify... That's what I been telling you.. It just doesn't matter...

She entered college during Obamas second year, when he came out with all the rights and monies for college students.... This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing Mags, it's the guidelines.. They don't apply for all. like you want it...

I'm not voting Democrat Mags, give up the campaign on that one...

17. Magoo

Just as a example suppose one becomes a journalist and makes a living interviewing people and writing about it.
    It would behoove you the journalist if you knew at least a little bit about what that person does so he doesn't make a complete fool of you.
    A professor asked me what I wanted to be, I told him and he commented, what you want to be is a sophist,in a gathering of people you will be confronted by groups talking about this subject or that
    what you want is to know enough about those subjects to not get completely snowed
    The teacher valued the broad education over any specific interest to make you a better citizen.
    I think he's right.
    When I took Humanitys I was fascinated by the teachers, they brought out very interesting things from the past
    for instance this painting The marriage of giovanni arnolfini 1434
    [​IMG]

By this time the Plague has been killing off Europeans for almost 100 years.
    People were weakened by exposure and there was great fear.
    It became customary to see if a potential bride could bare children for the survival of the family
    So amorous meetings were set up before weddings were talked about.
    You can see in this paintings she is very pregnant.
    We got a better idea of the culture at that time by seeing this