SEFL | Everyone just chill out

imported_sabresfan

TB Lurker
Credits
Sit back and relax everyone. The sky is not falling, just take a deep breathe. Freight is down for everyone so spend a little extra time with your family right now. Before long everyone will be asking for a day off when freight levels return. Watch your money and just be smart. I'm done just had to say this now im gonna watch tom & jerry with my boys.

i could not have put it better myself,unfortunately we as a people don't save for a time like this anymore.i just hope we all learn lessons for not doing that very thing.

how can anyone chill out i dont care who you work for, go over to Saia's board and tell them to chill out when they just layed out around 600 employes. this company has never had a layoff, but anything can happen no matter where you work, if they dont lay you off, they find away to get rid of you. as for me i'm not gonna relax, i gonna be the front runner and stand tall for what i believe in, hell 99.9% of us can go drive a truck anywhere. this used to be a good company, but that is no longer true. my tm keeps preaching that there wont be a layoff, but ive been seeing drivers written up for some stupid sh**. thats called finding ways to get rid of you, so they can say that they havent had a layoff. WAKE UP SOUTHEASTERN

how can anyone chill out i dont care who you work for, go over to Saia's board and tell them to chill out when they just layed out around 600 employes. this company has never had a layoff, but anything can happen no matter where you work, if they dont lay you off, they find away to get rid of you. as for me i'm not gonna relax, i gonna be the front runner and stand tall for what i believe in, hell 99.9% of us can go drive a truck anywhere. this used to be a good company, but that is no longer true. my tm keeps preaching that there wont be a layoff, but ive been seeing drivers written up for some stupid sh**. thats called finding ways to get rid of you, so they can say that they havent had a layoff. WAKE UP SOUTHEASTERN
well mike the numbers i have heard at saia was 450 to 500 ( i work at saia fyi) so you may know more than i do, but i can tell all the other southeastern drivers that you are full of chit, all you do is post bogus info and try to stir up chit. to the rest of the southeastern drivers i have the most respect for you but this joker well i am glad you have him and not us. i am not backing the company but i would not believe a thing he has to say

mikejones said he was laid off in another thread. so be it. How do you blame SEFL or ANY company for the economy we have at this point? Unless you have a **** poor TM stop blaming him for layoffs, this is started from his bosses. Actually companies have held on to you and kept from laying off untill now, it has been over a year of freight being slow.

FXF and CW are hiring and I know there is one near you. 6 - 8 more months of this crap and it will be better.

well mike the numbers i have heard at saia was 450 to 500 ( i work at saia fyi) so you may know more than i do, but i can tell all the other southeastern drivers that you are full of chit, all you do is post bogus info and try to stir up chit. to the rest of the southeastern drivers i have the most respect for you but this joker well i am glad you have him and not us. i am not backing the company but i would not believe a thing he has to say

what have i posted that was bogus? nothing, i am just a man who stands for what he believes in.

what have i posted that was bogus? nothing, i am just a man who stands for what he believes in.

a C/P

i use to drive for saia was a city driver for 4 yrs, then went on line haul. i voluntered to work a saturday run for a buddy. made it to atl, for the switch out to go back to my home terminal, called central dispatch, they told me i had to go to miami. told them i wasnt going. i had the hours to go, but it was the w/e and i went to the house. i didnt have a job the following monday.

you may have worked for saia and you may have went to atl but no way did you have hrs to run to mia from atl

a C/P

i use to drive for saia was a city driver for 4 yrs, then went on line haul. i voluntered to work a saturday run for a buddy. made it to atl, for the switch out to go back to my home terminal, called central dispatch, they told me i had to go to miami. told them i wasnt going. i had the hours to go, but it was the w/e and i went to the house. i didnt have a job the following monday.

you may have worked for saia and you may have went to atl but no way did you have hrs to run to mia from atl

SC(any part) to ATL to Miami????Damn,what a sharp pencil you must have...Good miles though,:hysterical:

SC(any part) to ATL to Miami????Damn,what a sharp pencil you must have...Good miles though,:hysterical:

yea i had the hours to start the trip, thats common sense, if you have ever worked for saia you would know that they dont care if you have 1 hr left to drive they will get what they can out of you.

yea i had the hours to start the trip, thats common sense, if you have ever worked for saia you would know that they dont care if you have 1 hr left to drive they will get what they can out of you.

not anymore actually. they are writing drivers up who accept a dispatch and go over on their hours. as the write up states: It is the driver's responsibility to inform dispatch if they cannot make the assigned run in the number of hours they are allotted.

:tribehasspoken: mikejones central dispatch will never make you run without the hours. you are about as full of chit as they come

i might be full of chit, but if im in atlanta on saturday and if i dont make it to miami by monday i am really full of chit, know the whole story before you make smart a$$ remarks.

Go make your run mike and leave all the BS in Miami! Face it, you are a liar, you have been caught in to many now to back out.

so full of it !

Mr. Jones , you are so full of it! I know central dispatch would never run a solo driver from atl to mia..much less on saturday.

You stay you stand up for what you believe in.I can applaud anyone who does , but getting on a free forum and say that you would milk the clock to get your hours and then complain when the company looks for ways to cut back.

please be more informed , when you let such garbage flow out of your mouth about a very , very good company to work for...

you make many good points on some things ,but just pure speculation on others..

just my .02

all I can say is that my experience at Saia was true, i have no reason to lie about it, therefore I'm leaving it at that. About milking the clock you make it sound like i'm the only one who doesnt, I dont like doing it, but then again I know drivers who do it everyday, which is not me, but when its friday morning and you only have 25 hrs for the week, you have to do what you have to do. I cant feed my family on 30 hrs a week.