Central Transport | Everything vitran

animal61

TB Lurker
Credits
I guess I am lucky,I ***** and complain about keeping my tractor in running condition.i started 8 plus years ago and we really had junk then.I got a new tractor in2007 and because I ***** ,I still have it.We happen to have a couple good mechanics and I can get stuff in pittsburg ,sometimes.When the city guys drive they don't write squat up .Many are high in miles and you need a case of band aids.Mechanic in pitt told me last week over 40 tractors there with engines they won't fix.whoever the genius was that bought these newer freighliners must have got a new car for the deal.Ours spend more time in shop than on the street.it has gotten worse since vitran bought us out.They are making money obviously by buying Milan,and don't seem to care about anything down here.Most of the pups are ::shit::.The dollys what a f----n joke.Allyou milan guys good luck here.In my own opinion all they care about is the freight.PERIOD.Gotta go to bed back to pitt tonight.If your on the highway I go by animal on the CB also.B safe

Does anyone know if the maintenance department currently adheres to a preventive maintenance schedule? If so, how many miles/months transpire for tractors/trailers respectively? Please tell me that they do follow a regular schedule.

I think its 30,000 miles and 3 months, if its one and not he other they wont bother. Most tractors I know of go 20 - 30,000 past p.m., the trailers never. Half the trailers I pull don't have brakes, a few lights out and tires inflated is a blessing in most cases.

I think its 30,000 miles and 3 months, if its one and not he other they wont bother. Most tractors I know of go 20 - 30,000 past p.m., the trailers never. Half the trailers I pull don't have brakes, a few lights out and tires inflated is a blessing in most cases.

Exactly right. Same thing at our barn. Not the mechanic's fault, just not enough trucks, they never get turned off at our place.

maintence is a joke, pm service goes past due for 10k miles sometimes. you can write stuff up for months and it will not get fixed. yes pittsburgh has good mechanics because that"s where the corporate office is. whenever they buy new equipment, they put it in their fleet and pass their old equipment to the other terminals. we have drivers that sabotage the trucks so they have it there the next day because they don't want to drive a piece of ::shit::. especially if the a/c works, they'll pull the fuse and hopes no one jumps into it. we got drivers that come in an hour early and try to snag a decent truck. aka "squatters rights." then there's drivers that got a system going that the linehaul driver will wait until city driver shows up to switch it and vise versa.

I guess I am lucky,I ***** and complain about keeping my tractor in running condition.i started 8 plus years ago and we really had junk then.I got a new tractor in2007 and because I ***** ,I still have it.We happen to have a couple good mechanics and I can get stuff in pittsburg ,sometimes.When the city guys drive they don't write squat up .Many are high in miles and you need a case of band aids.Mechanic in pitt told me last week over 40 tractors there with engines they won't fix.whoever the genius was that bought these newer freighliners must have got a new car for the deal.Ours spend more time in shop than on the street.it has gotten worse since vitran bought us out.They are making money obviously by buying Milan,and don't seem to care about anything down here.Most of the pups are ::shit::.The dollys what a f----n joke.Allyou milan guys good luck here.In my own opinion all they care about is the freight.PERIOD.Gotta go to bed back to pitt tonight.If your on the highway I go by animal on the CB also.B safe

Are you the guy that is always sleeping on the PA turnpike. Either in the New Stanton service area or in one of the emergency pull offs?? Cause...I the guy that is always waking you up.

The rule is to do service at least once a year,if it does not blow up first.i drive a 1600 series and can go 20,000 over before service, and only then if i##### about it.