Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Saia is being bought out by DHL

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Saia is merging with MME or NPT

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Saia is selling all the Internationals finally

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Here is the most constructive advice I can give: SAIA should begin sharing any and all bonuses with all employees. That would be a great step forward, and be very innovative.

Did you know that SAIA is now advertising to sales people, that they have unlimited earning potential? There used to be a cap, but they removed it. Why would they do that? Do any of you believe that a sales person works any harder than a driver? Are they under scrutiny by the company...yes. But drivers are scrutinized by: the general driving public, the company, the Feds, you name it. So if a salesperson get the sale for, say, 10 bills a day...he/she gets all of the credit? Sorry, but I think that is a dead end philosophy.

we get paid well for the job we do, if sales gets a bonus then they have earned it. our bonus is the raise we get the next year. the people that still work hear are getting tired of hearing you run down Saia I think it is time you moved on.

I am far from a Kool aid drinker but do get tired of ex-employees running down the company
I don't think she was running it down at all (if you take any stock in what the RAT says she has a vested interest) It's her opinion and wasn't IMO disparaging, you need to grow a thicker skin if that little bit of criticism ruffled your knickers.

we get paid well for the job we do, if sales gets a bonus then they have earned it. our bonus is the raise we get the next year. the people that still work hear are getting tired of hearing you run down Saia I think it is time you moved on.
It's the totality of all her comments that's getting old. It's always the same old crap with her most of the time. She concerns herself with what others make. She is entitled to her opinion but it is always biased and why she feels the need to continue to grind that axe is beyond me. She is now an owner operator with a couple of trucks I believe. She appears to be happy but still feels the need to run us now. I don't get it. But then I don't get all the trolls that feel the need to stick their nose in our business either. Jeff sets the rules so I guess we just have to deal with it or leave.

Last edited:
It's the totality of all her comments that's getting old. It's always the same old crap with her most of the time. She concerns herself with what others make. She is entitled to her opinion but it is always biased and why she feels the need to continue to grind that axe is beyond me. She is now an owner operator with a couple of trucks I believe. She appears to be happy but still feels the need to run us now. I don't get it. But then I don't get all the trolls that feel the need to stick their nose in our business either. Jeff sets the rules so I guess we just have to deal with it or leave.
But just a couple of posts up you were saying she has in your words "a vested interest", so what is grinding an axe or vested interest?

In order to be successful, the company wheel needs spokes to carry the load but the spokes don't need to be the same. What may be "exciting news" to one spoke is not to another spoke. My job is to drag trailers, when and to where they want them and not tear up anything in the process. To me, exciting news is that the city guy didn't tear up my favorite truck, that it's in the yard, and available. To me, exciting news is that the weather report is not predicting rain or other bad weather. To me, exciting news is that I have just completed another shift, without any problems, and that I am driving out of the gate and heading home. If I do that, the company doesn't have any complaints and my spoke of the company wheel has completed its share of the load. That's my world and that's how I like it. Ray Ramu is a different kind of spoke but is just as important to the company wheel as me. His world is cheerleader guy, which means that his job is to excite, motivate, and support the customer sales people. If the company put me in his spot , there is no doubt that I would be a disaster. You put him in my spot and he'll be bored to death before he hits the interstate.

His attempt to sell his brand of "exciting" news to my kind of company spoke fell flat but I'm sure that the news was exciting to his kind of company spoke. Nothing wrong with either spoke just different outlooks.

In order to be successful, the company wheel needs spokes to carry the load but the spokes don't need to be the same. What may be "exciting news" to one spoke is not to another spoke. My job is to drag trailers, when and to where they want them and not tear up anything in the process. To me, exciting news is that the city guy didn't tear up my favorite truck, that it's in the yard, and available. To me, exciting news is that the weather report is not predicting rain or other bad weather. To me, exciting news is that I have just completed another shift, without any problems, and that I am driving out of the gate and heading home. If I do that, the company doesn't have any complaints and my spoke of the company wheel has completed its share of the load. That's my world and that's how I like it. Ray Ramu is a different kind of spoke but is just as important to the company wheel as me. His world is cheerleader guy, which means that his job is to excite, motivate, and support the customer sales people. If the company put me in his spot , there is no doubt that I would be a disaster. You put him in my spot and he'll be bored to death before he hits the interstate.

His attempt to sell his brand of "exciting" news to my kind of company spoke fell flat but I'm sure that the news was exciting to his kind of company spoke. Nothing wrong with either spoke just different outlooks.
Well said and absolutely perfect. This also comes from a seasoned company line haul driver that has seen a thing or two. It gets no better than this post. And his reputation is beyond repute. And that's a big plus.

Last edited:
Does someone keep trying to start trouble with me? It appears they are but they are on my ignore list. I can see them when I'm not logged in. I will not address him any longer. It does appear he has an axe to grind with me however. That pesky fly needs to be swatted by a moderator. I guess I will just kill him with kindness and let him live until nature takes it course.

Last edited:
Does someone keep trying to start trouble with me? It appears they are but they are on my ignore list. I can see them when I'm not logged in. I will not address him any longer. It does appear he has an axe to grind with me however. That pesky fly needs to be swatted by a moderator. I guess I will just kill him with kindness and let him live until nature takes it course.
You don't have me on ignore, you're chomping at the bit to say something. Oh and by the way I'm playing by the rules, you know Jeffs rules:rulz:

Last edited:
Very eloquent of you RAT. You've just shown true ignorance. Tell you what: I'll call your wife's employer, have him send sexually charged and explicit texts to her phone, and tell her if she doesn't comply, she will be terminated. How does that sound? Stick your comments about me where the sun don't shine. You're beyond reproach and I feel sorry for you.

Very eloquent of you RAT. You've just shown true ignorance. Tell you what: I'll call your wife's employer, have him send sexually charged and explicit texts to her phone, and tell her if she doesn't comply, she will be terminated. How does that sound? Stick your comments about me where the sun don't shine. You're beyond reproach and I feel sorry for you.
If that what happened I understand the bitterness bigbuck I really do, if that was my wife I would be upset too but u can't let that bitterness eat at u night and day will only lead to health problems and he still wins. U say u in a better place with a better job and got your settlement. Don't look back look forward. GOD BLESS

Hey, Drama Queen I don't believe a damn thing you say. Text? That's BS. No one would be that stupid. And we can't verify you even got a settlement. All we have is your word. I don't even believe you were sexually harassed. All we have is your word. There's no way to prove what your saying and you know that. Now you could produce the documents (redact them) but I don't see that happening. Of course the people in HR that view this site would know you and if what your claiming is true. But I don't see them coming on here. So as far as I'm concerned your full of ::shit::. Don't feel sorry for me Drama Queen. Anyone that would come on this site with a story like yours and tell it to complete strangers tells me your starving for attention. If it was true IMO ... I would keep it to myself. Your just bitter. Plain and simple. I believe you were totally incompetent and was terminated with just cause. My theory is just as plausible as yours. Who's to say otherwise? It's just a matter of who's story sounds the most believable. Yours simply doesn't ring true.

Last edited:
Here is the most constructive advice I can give: SAIA should begin sharing any and all bonuses with all employees. That would be a great step forward, and be very innovative.

Did you know that SAIA is now advertising to sales people, that they have unlimited earning potential? There used to be a cap, but they removed it. Why would they do that? Do any of you believe that a sales person works any harder than a driver? Are they under scrutiny by the company...yes. But drivers are scrutinized by: the general driving public, the company, the Feds, you name it. So if a salesperson get the sale for, say, 10 bills a day...he/she gets all of the credit? Sorry, but I think that is a dead end philosophy.

Salespeople bring in new business, or growth, the drivers maintain the growth

If that what happened I understand the bitterness bigbuck I really do, if that was my wife I would be upset too but u can't let that bitterness eat at u night and day will only lead to health problems and he still wins. U say u in a better place with a better job and got your settlement. Don't look back look forward. GOD BLESS
EXACTLY.

Hey, Drama Queen I don't believe a damn thing you say. Text? That's BS. No one would be that stupid. And we can't verify you even got a settlement. All we have is your word. I don't even believe you were sexually harassed. All we have is your word. There's no way to prove what your saying and you know that. Now you could produce the documents (redact them) but I don't see that happening. Of course the people in HR that view this site would know you and if what your claiming is true. But I don't see them coming on here. So as far as I'm concerned your full of :::shit:::. Don't feel sorry for me Drama Queen. Anyone that would come on this site with a story like yours and tell it to complete strangers tells me your starving for attention. If it was true IMO ... I would keep it to myself. Your just bitter. Plain and simple. I believe you were totally incompetent and was terminated with just cause. My theory is just as plausible as yours. Who's to say otherwise? It's just a matter of who's story sounds the most believable. Yours simply doesn't ring true.
Just like your bullshit story about how you say you were fired from Overnite, RAT.