XPO | Excuse me did you say no cell phones?

housemouse

TB Lurker
Credits
Last night at our monday meeting our atm said as per LGO you are not allowed to use your cell phone during your tour of duty and it cant even be turned on while on Conway property. A few years ago they said we could'nt use them unless we had a handsfree , but now you can"t use the phone which you pay for and is your only link to your family while you're out.I just don't think they realize how much we use that phone for their benefit.Then again Conway would cut off their nose to spite their face. UNBELIEVABLE. RIDICULOUS, STUPID, IDIOTIC, ASSANINE and at this moment I can"t type all things I really want to say. So the next time you get a flat and it takes an hour to contact linehaul just tell them you had to find a pay phone because the brain trust at LGO said you could"nt use your cell. Oh but thats right you can use it for Conways betterment.I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting2: :eck15: :furious: :wtflol: :wtflol:

mushroom said:
Well When Yhey Start Paying My Cell Bill Then They Can Tell Me When I Can Use My Cell.
Where do you get your pay check from? (they are paying it):Banger-Cow: :Banane01:

Hey mouse, just remember that rule when you have a house delivery that requires you to call the customer 1 hour before or there is some kind of other company related problem that requires you to make a call.

I have a cell phone and turn it on while I am in the truck driving.
If I am at work/dock, my family members know the number where I can be contacted.

Did they ban total cell phone use at anytime while at work/driving? ..makes no sense for someone to break down on the highway and have to walk to a pay phone when they have a cell phone handy.

There is a happy medium somewhere. You should clarify that.

If thats fact than Linehaul drivers should snag a P&D drivers phone for the night.

Dockworker said:
I have a cell phone and turn it on while I am in the truck driving.
If I am at work/dock, my family members know the number where I can be contacted.

Did they ban total cell phone use at anytime while at work/driving? ..makes no sense for someone to break down on the highway and have to walk to a pay phone when they have a cell phone handy.

There is a happy medium somewhere. You should clarify that.

If thats fact than Linehaul drivers should snag a P&D drivers phone for the night.

I thought that the city drivers have a NEXTEL phone to call dispatch and have calls made? They did at XPN.

DETrob said:
I thought that the city drivers have a NEXTEL phone to call dispatch and have calls made? They did at XPN.

They do use Nextel phones, however if that ban on cell phone use is true and we drivers breakdown on the highway and don't want the inconvenience of walking down a highway trying to get to a payphone,than we should snag the city guys phone for the night.

I will always keep my personal phone on while I drive and only use it while I am parked.

I may be totally off the mark but it really sounds like the abuse got to be to much, maybe a serious accident because of cell phone use and that ruined it for everyone. I know at my barn you see guys going everywhere with blue tooths stuck in their ears. Someone should tell them they look retarded but that's besides the point. They are talking on them all day while driving, on the dock etc. etc. etc.

TSMK said:
I may be totally off the mark but it really sounds like the abuse got to be to much, maybe a serious accident because of cell phone use and that ruined it for everyone. I know at my barn you see guys going everywhere with blue tooths stuck in their ears. Someone should tell them they look retarded but that's besides the point. They are talking on them all day while driving, on the dock etc. etc. etc.

"Retarded" what is the meaning of that? You might want to think about what you just said. Get over it, Jan.1, 2007 its law you use HANDSFREE headsets.

Hmmm ... I use mine everytime I do a via when I call Line-haul. Am I risking a right-up??? Also when I call Line-haul for weather related concerns (alternate routes due to icy/snowy conditions,construction,etc.):hide:

this rule has been around for a while ..., I've only seen it inforced at the service center mostly when guys were using their phones while working the dock....or returning from their runs. Kind of hard to enforce when your behind the wheel ......esp at night..., Use your head...., DON'T use your phone on the dock and don't be seen on the phone when you pull back into the terminal.....use the hands free set up .....and don't be a hazard behind the wheel like many motorists are when they are on the phone. Use some common sense and no one from any level will bust your balls when you use YOUR phone.

this is all new news to me the only time i was told not to use my cell was on the dock and thats a safety thing.(theft)

deviator said:
this rule has been around for a while ..., I've only seen it inforced at the service center mostly when guys were using their phones while working the dock....or returning from their runs. Kind of hard to enforce when your behind the wheel ......esp at night..., Use your head...., DON'T use your phone on the dock and don't be seen on the phone when you pull back into the terminal.....use the hands free set up .....and don't be a hazard behind the wheel like many motorists are when they are on the phone. Use some common sense and no one from any level will bust your balls when you use YOUR phone.

Very true, use common sense.