SAIA | Expanding in the Northeast?

Buggybruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
I've heard rumor that Saia has purchased property in Pa. Anybody else hear such talk? If so, I wonder how true it is? I think it will be a good idea if so. The company I worked for a few years back, when they expanded up there freight levels increased enormously. Just wondering because I've heard this out of a few different terminals.

That rumor has been flying around for a few years now. Have not heard about buying property in Pa ,but we do partner with Land Air of New England. And we did hire a salesman that will be based in Baltimore. So expansion could be around the corner.

It's only insider trading if you use the information to buy and sell stock. At this point, it sounds like nothing more than speculation. B

buying Ward wouldn't get them much, yes it would add Pa and NJ. But after that all else overlaps Saia-OH, IN,VA,W.Va, IL. As for AMA, they are a small Mass Carrier that has old terminals and old equipment. The rumor about Land Air is old also, they cover the Northeast minus Pa & Md. They are a company with a ton of internal problems though.

I keep forgetting the Saia is not in Maryland ! The Ward terminals listed for South Plainfield NJ and Deer Park NY are actually JP express locations. They don't run their own trucks there or service the 5 Boro's or Long Island NY.

I was told they service nyc out of south plain field nj...alot of companys use a partner company to service nyc...in fact i think od uses jp express

Seen some 05 volvos piggy backed in clt with the letters still on them also heard a lead mechanic say we had sent about 100 pups to somewhere in pa