ODFL | Expansion = raise ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
O.D. is expanding in the U.S.,China opened up this month,the truck load fellas are rolling,new equipment,and new terminals.Wonder what the raise will look like this year ? Will the employee get his hand greased this year or will the grease be applied somewhere else ?

probably get it somewhere else bit with no grease they are spending alot of money this year and frieght still don't seem to be picking up

The union driver's contract is up this month I believe. Watch to see what they get and use that as a possible baseline. Of course we don't have any say and no representation so we takes what we gets, but they have to pay enough to get drivers and keep drivers if they want to provide the service they sell.
All of the expansion and spending might not add up to increased profits as it's all a gamble.

As a new driver (9 months) :TR10driving03: I am still just trying to make my way up to the current top pay.

Maybe someday I will see what it is like to be at top pay and then waiting for the raise announcement.

As a new driver (9 months) :TR10driving03: I am still just trying to make my way up to the current top pay.

Maybe someday I will see what it is like to be at top pay and then waiting for the raise announcement.

You should get the same general raise everyone else gets.Then when you get to be an old *art at O.D. ,like I was,you'll have more money than you know what to do with.

they told us here in hickory the company grew almost 13% in the first 3 months of the year so far despite freight being slow in a lot of the company!! the china thing and the new truckload thing and the containers we pull help the company in some way grow so OD is not hurting as bad has what people might be thinking!! the only thing we can do is keep our chean up and our foot on the pedal it will get better. for everyone who has done this for a while know this is part of the game!!!!!
there is my 2 cents on the subject

:funky: Kevin