Estes | expansion

IF I remember correctly, they match up to six percent, which means they pay 3 percent with your 3 percent to equal 6.

They match dollar for dollar up to three % Try and retire on that. Good luck. And mad trucker is correct. The only reason the west gets breakdown pay, after one hour, is because the company made concessions during the union movement, out west, a year ago. So cj driver you can thank me, mad trucker, and robs nightmare for our contribution to your families prosperity. As well as a few other guys who had the gonads to fight back. You're welcome in advance. Oh and by the way your overtime pay after 48 instead of 55 was our doing as well. Again, you are welcome. Elvis out and getting pissed....

They match dollar for dollar up to three % Try and retire on that.
I have my own retirement set up in addition to the pittance Estes offers us. It is up to YOU to make sure you are set for retirement, not Estes. I don't agree but, I will fend for myself if the company I work for won't/doesn't offer a plan thats to my liking.

So cj driver you can thank me, mad trucker, and robs nightmare for our contribution to your families prosperity. As well as a few other guys who had the gonads to fight back. You're welcome in advance. Oh and by the way your overtime pay after 48 instead of 55 was our doing as well. Again, you are welcome. Elvis out and getting pissed....

Seems like you are pissed about something all the time. Lifes too short brother, get over it.

Oh yea, thank you !

7% are you shure? I think up to 3%. Well that is how it is in the west:smilie_132:

It is 3% in the east. The 401k is not the best. If you want to retire from estes you will have to do some IRA's along with this thing they called a 401k. When I left and rolled my money over I tripled my money in a year in someone elses plan.

i want all my $ now!! :hysterical:

I know how you feel but be very careful. Retirement will be here before you know it.

I didn't start my 401K till I was 30 and although I'm only 41 now, I regret waiting that long.

At least try to contribute what the company will match. It's free money

They match dollar for dollar up to three % Try and retire on that. Good luck. And mad trucker is correct. The only reason the west gets breakdown pay, after one hour, is because the company made concessions during the union movement, out west, a year ago. So cj driver you can thank me, mad trucker, and robs nightmare for our contribution to your families prosperity. As well as a few other guys who had the gonads to fight back. You're welcome in advance. Oh and by the way your overtime pay after 48 instead of 55 was our doing as well. Again, you are welcome. Elvis out and getting pissed....

i see alot in your post.. we are polar oppisites but with the same beliefs. i also fought for better lives of my brothers at usf dugan in kansas city. i stood beside while the organizers took our compain hostage and ran it way into the ground. i too fought for the better-ment of others. i understand elvis where your anger comes from. instead of fighting each other, running each other into the ground for who or what we work for why not work together as non union and union minded drivers to come up with a solution for all drivers. i know its fun to solicit for the teamsters but why not for the better-ment of all drivers. it is true when a campain is held the employees do receive more money better overtime etc.etc.etc. it may also be hard for drivers that no longer work for estes to try to help other estes employees. i see why the easy answer is to join in with the good fight as teamsters. but what if some people see the teamster system flawed ?? what if ..i know kinda crazy... see the whole pension plan flawed ??? i am just trying to show that i am not a :butt kiss: or a :toxic: i am a burned usf driver that got traded off for that faboulous contract that should be a slap in the face for all teamsters. my campain was ran into the ground so holland could come in and start us all over as "new" hires. drive the same truck work less per mile. lost my 5 years in that company. lost 3 weeks vacation. a year after my campain was lost. i do blame the organizers. house calling killed it and they knew it. water under the bridge. i know and sorry for bringing it up. just getting kinda tired of the :butt kiss:, mysapce comments. i feel better. how much do i owe?? ....a more understanding beerboy out

Blue Robot, we don't have a pension either.. we also have a 401k and I think you have to be at Estes 8 years before youre fully vested and then they only match 7%.. if i remember correctly...but I'm guessing if you get on early and are one of the first hired..you'll get a decent bid run and get plenty of miles... we do have some guys that are making some pretty good $$... guess like you said it won't hurt to go see what they have to say. Take care
wow i thought you guys would at least have one ,with them only matching you 3% on your 401. sounds like alot of differences from east coast to west coast at your place. the lady on the phone said they match you 3% on 401 so im not sure where your coming from with 7%. you are fully vested in con-way at 5 yrs but can have a 401 right away.yes i figure if im one of the first 5 guys to get on ill do alright on bids. can you change your bid from year to year and go from say line haul to city p&d without loosing any seniority? we can here, we re-bid every december as to what we want to do and you stay in the seniority rank as you were. i sure thank all you guys for helping me make this decision its a tough one but i think im staying at con-way , i was hoping you had a pension plan. ill still go to the interview and see what they say and ill came back and tell you guys how there going to treat us.:smilie_132:

I know how you feel but be very careful. Retirement will be here before you know it.

I didn't start my 401K till I was 30 and although I'm only 41 now, I regret waiting that long.

At least try to contribute what the company will match. It's free money

i only started to contribute when i was 38 and now ill be 48, but with con-way when we turn 50 we can make up some difference and put as much as 20,000.00 a year into it so guess whos going to play catch up?:funky: yours truely.

wow i thought you guys would at least have one ,with them only matching you 3% on your 401. sounds like alot of differences from east coast to west coast at your place. the lady on the phone said they match you 3% on 401 so im not sure where your coming from with 7%. you are fully vested in con-way at 5 yrs but can have a 401 right away.yes i figure if im one of the first 5 guys to get on ill do alright on bids. can you change your bid from year to year and go from say line haul to city p&d without loosing any seniority? we can here, we re-bid every december as to what we want to do and you stay in the seniority rank as you were. i sure thank all you guys for helping me make this decision its a tough one but i think im staying at con-way , i was hoping you had a pension plan. ill still go to the interview and see what they say and ill came back and tell you guys how there going to treat us.:smilie_132:

we never re bid. only if something comes aval. then you can bid on something. no one can bump you off. city and linehaul are 2 seperate boards. good luck. no pension just 401. west is gi and east is estes. gi lost alot and then some when estes bought out gi. they did stay at a little higher pay and maybe 401 also ???

I just had to register and post that I am going to be the new Terminal Manager for Sioux Falls and show you how it is done properly..How do I get the job now? Maybe call Rob direct?

i see alot in your post.. we are polar oppisites but with the same beliefs. i also fought for better lives of my brothers at usf dugan in kansas city. i stood beside while the organizers took our compain hostage and ran it way into the ground. i too fought for the better-ment of others. i understand elvis where your anger comes from. instead of fighting each other, running each other into the ground for who or what we work for why not work together as non union and union minded drivers to come up with a solution for all drivers. i know its fun to solicit for the teamsters but why not for the better-ment of all drivers. it is true when a campain is held the employees do receive more money better overtime etc.etc.etc. it may also be hard for drivers that no longer work for estes to try to help other estes employees. i see why the easy answer is to join in with the good fight as teamsters. but what if some people see the teamster system flawed ?? what if ..i know kinda crazy... see the whole pension plan flawed ??? i am just trying to show that i am not a :butt kiss: or a :toxic: i am a burned usf driver that got traded off for that faboulous contract that should be a slap in the face for all teamsters. my campain was ran into the ground so holland could come in and start us all over as "new" hires. drive the same truck work less per mile. lost my 5 years in that company. lost 3 weeks vacation. a year after my campain was lost. i do blame the organizers. house calling killed it and they knew it. water under the bridge. i know and sorry for bringing it up. just getting kinda tired of the :butt kiss:, mysapce comments. i feel better. how much do i owe?? ....a more understanding beerboy out

I respect this post. I also respect you as a driver and as a person. I don't think we are all that different from one another , as you suggest. I am just a little more jaded, hardened and older than you. Like I posted before, we are all just trying to feed our families. We just differ as to the best way to meet that goal. If the my space comments truly bother you, I will stop. You know I'm just busting balls anyway. You've busted mine a time or two as well. I invite it though. But then again, I'm kinda twisted! Much luck to you BB. I've got my hands full over here at UPSF. So have a successful 08'. 10-4? Elvis out and exploring his softer gentler side:ShakeHandsNah:

Is this expansion to SD a good move or a bad move?

Are you really the TM in Souix Falls? Personally, I can't imagine that there is really all that much freight to be gained in the areas that we are expanding to.. I know that Lakeville's service wasn't that great, so I'm sure that's one reason. Perhaps another is if they want to sell, they want a complete continental 48 state coverage. Oh and Welcome to the bottom feeder Estes forum, where we're all criers and complainers :smilie_132:

I want to be the TM there. I was hopeing for insight how to get it.

Knowing Estes I am sure they have one of their :butt kiss: flunkies. It is a goood ole boy crew system wide. I am sure they have hand picked some brown noser already to run that into the ground. Top Flight becareful what you wish for.

i only started to contribute when i was 38 and now ill be 48, but with con-way when we turn 50 we can make up some difference and put as much as 20,000.00 a year into it so guess whos going to play catch up?:funky: yours truely.

Good for you.:1036316054: Too many people are stretched so thin that can't afford to do that.