Estes | expansion

I respect this post. I also respect you as a driver and as a person. I don't think we are all that different from one another , as you suggest. I am just a little more jaded, hardened and older than you. Like I posted before, we are all just trying to feed our families. We just differ as to the best way to meet that goal. If the my space comments truly bother you, I will stop. You know I'm just busting balls anyway. You've busted mine a time or two as well. I invite it though. But then again, I'm kinda twisted! Much luck to you BB. I've got my hands full over here at UPSF. So have a successful 08'. 10-4? Elvis out and exploring his softer gentler side:ShakeHandsNah:

well hell if the fight is what you like well10-4 bring that ::shit:: on:hysterical: no it was a combo of everything. getting bad rep points with lame a$$ kiss statements, and all combined. i hate :butt kiss:.I HATE EM so that is what gets me:hysterical:. so fight on and everyone knows where it all stands

Good luck with that.. I'm guessing you'd have to work your way up from janitor doing a lot of :butt kiss: along the way..thats the only way I think 90% of upper management @ my terminal got to where they are

Sorry E but I have to disagree with you,I think our management worked hard to get to where they are today. I wish I knew why you think they are bad.:smilie_132:

where we're all criers and complainers :smilie_132:

Speak for yourself.

Bigdog1970, Sorry E but I have to disagree with you,I think our management worked hard to get to where they are today. I wish I knew why you think they are bad.

He certainly doesn't have anthing good to say most of the time. Makes ya wonder why he stays at this job. If ya don't like the movie get out of the theater.

Speak for yourself.

More or less I was speaking for myself, it was supposed to be a joke..and to the minority that don't have a complaint about the company, the rest of us that critisize and have some issues with the direction of the company, and the mis-managment of what pays the bills around here, are usually labled as such.

[/QUOTE]He certainly doesn't have anthing good to say most of the time. Makes ya wonder why he stays at this job. If ya don't like the movie get out of the theater.[/QUOTE]

If I had something good to say, I'd be the first one to post it.. I didnt go all out and bash the company when Blue Rocket first started this thread.. there were some positive things in there and all were things that I know to be true. Minus the 401k thing, but I tried to make it clear that I really didnt know too much about the 401k. Typical response there too CJ, if you don't like it leave.. well I do plan to do so when I have an opportunity, but until then its still my place to wonder about the decisions this company makes that directly effect my families well-being :1036316054:

More or less I was speaking for myself, it was supposed to be a joke..and to the minority that don't have a complaint about the company, the rest of us that critisize and have some issues with the direction of the company, and the mis-managment of what pays the bills around here, are usually labled as such.

CJ Driver, He certainly doesn't have anthing good to say most of the time. Makes ya wonder why he stays at this job. If ya don't like the movie get out of the theater.

If I had something good to say, I'd be the first one to post it.. I didnt go all out and bash the company when Blue Rocket first started this thread.. there were some positive things in there and all were things that I know to be true. Minus the 401k thing, but I tried to make it clear that I really didnt know too much about the 401k. Typical response there too CJ, if you don't like it leave.. well I do plan to do so when I have an opportunity, but until then its still my place to wonder about the decisions this company makes that directly effect my families well-being :1036316054:

Fair Enough. Hope you find those greener pastures. :1036316054:

Sorry E but I have to disagree with you,I think our management worked hard to get to where they are today. I wish I knew why you think they are bad.:smilie_132:

So, you don't have any problem with the guy that dispatches you in the AM?? I find that hard to believe, he's one of the biggest problems we have around our terminal.. he directly effects the lack of moral more at our terminal than any one single person should. I also don't think they've all worked very hard to get where they are... feel free to tell me with why you think our TM or our ATM or the 1st shift OM deserve to be where they are.

Also, you must be an early start P&D guy to be this content with our terminal. The guys that do the HD at nights won't have as much to do as soon as they give half those runs to the am guys..and the 11 am start guys well they're screwed all around aren't they? Either don't come in, or work the dock..

Not running tonight CJ? How are you guys holding up out west anyway??

I am waiting for SAC to get their freight loaded. I have been in Cali since Saturday. It's all good but they sure have a lot of short runs down here. For the most part we are doin ok. Everyone is runnin with full sets for the most part. The weather has been the real killer lately.

While were on subject of 401s any ideas of how to distribute the allocations?Iv had mine in stocks 50 and bonds,50percent and I just lost a ::shit:: load of money.Any solid info would be greatly apprecited.

While were on subject of 401s any ideas of how to distribute the allocations?Iv had mine in stocks 50 and bonds,50percent and I just lost a ::shit:: load of money.Any solid info would be greatly apprecited.

jusbeinapain, unless you're within 5-7 years of retirement don't pull out of stocks yet. The market may be in the bucket now but you'll want to be in when it comes back. Just think of these down times as buying opportunities. Any money going in now is getting you a better deal. I just upped my contributions another 3% and I'm at 80/20 stocks/bonds.

Any retirement savings should be a long term investment. Pulling out because of a few bad years will only hurt you in the long run

jusbeinapain, unless you're within 5-7 years of retirement don't pull out of stocks yet. The market may be in the bucket now but you'll want to be in when it comes back. Just think of these down times as buying opportunities. Any money going in now is getting you a better deal. I just upped my contributions another 3% and I'm at 80/20 stocks/bonds.

Any retirement savings should be a long term investment. Pulling out because of a few bad years will only hurt you in the long run

WOW if you read a financial paper it would take 3 to 4 pages to get this information. And the twist and turns would make your brain bleed. Well put CFer.

Well said. Unless you're cashing in within the next 2 years, leave it there. The whole world would have to take a major dump for long terms to treat you badly. And if the world took a dump, no investment would have done any good anyway

Thanks CFer and everybody else for the info.

i am a burned usf driver that got traded off for that faboulous contract that should be a slap in the face for all teamsters. ....a more understanding beerboy out

so i go to dallas and you boys where busy busy. UPDATE so i got off the phone with my union buddy last night discussing the new contract... well i got caught up in the hype. .60 per mile in the next 5 years.. VERY NICE no changes with the health and welfare... (you see where i'm goin).. the only thing guys are mad about is the new driver classification. my buddy seems to think it will screw linehaul. i think it will add maybe to the city. it could be a dangerous thing for des moines, st louis runs out of kansas city. all and all i didn't see a slap in the face... I WAS WRONG. it happens:smilie_132::duh:

hell ya its looks ugly now but now is the time to buy buy. hang in there. i usually do 80 stocks and the rest whatever.:hide:

hell ya its looks ugly now but now is the time to buy buy. hang in there. i usually do 80 stocks and the rest whatever.:hide:

Again,thanks for the tips.I can read through everything they send me and whats on the web site till Im freakin blind and wouldnt understand what their telling me,my sister ,who is a freak of nature, intellegenc wise( member of MENSA,I on the other hand ,Im confused by TIVO for christ sake)told me to remember what she told me when she caught me in the bathroom with a Hustler when I was 11,leave it alone,quite playing with it, and it will grow.