ABF | Expecting freight?

Dirk_Diggler

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know what the reason is for all the hiring going on? I don't know if it's because of this new coo coming or what but right now there isn't that much freight around.

fr8muver said:
Does anyone know what the reason is for all the hiring going on? I don't know if it's because of this new coo coming or what but right now there isn't that much freight around.

probably getting you guys ready for all the 1-2 day deliveries your gonna get. the busier the better.

fr8muver said:

yeah
the coo has everything to do with it
according to the coo for every pse bid posted the company has to have a new hire in place

i don't know about your terminal's hiring history but here at 219 its brutal
attrition seems to have been the policy
the list shrinks and we work more ot
money is good but we would like to live a little so we could spend some

now because of pse implementation the company seems to be scrambling to hire people
before you literally had to be perfect now as long as you have two arms, two legs and a willingnest to be "abused" paywise you're in:poster_stupid: :poster_oops: :biglaugh:
all of a sudden you do not have to be cdl qualified

there also seems to be a potential problem of not having the manpower in place to handle the additional pse new freight

it is pretty obvious at least to us