Experienced Local Class A Driver Needed-Columbus, Ohio

Discussion in 'Truck Drivers Wanted' started by LindaTTI, Mar 5, 2015.

1. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

Established contractor for over 12 years. Currently have 19 tractors, all day cab Freightliners. 100% Drop & Hook, 100% No touch freight, customer to terminal trailer moves.
    40% OR MORE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, Paid weekly, direct deposit, cell phone reimbursement, uniforms provided, week paid after 1 year, Insurance available upon request, Quarterly safety bonus, ELD's-no paper logs, home every day and on the weekends.

Requirements:
    CDL-A with DOUBLES endorsement(experience not required)
    At least 1 year experience within the last 3 years verifiable employment, or 6 months experience and completion of an approved driving school
    NO Felonies or DUI's-You MUST be able to pass background check and drug screen-You MUST have a clean MVR

Email: Linda@Travistransportinc.com

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

FedEx ground? ??

3. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

Yes in Whitehall, Ohio

4. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

on average how much do the safety bonuses amount to?

5. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

I will find out for you, I actually just started with the company within the past few weeks as their administrator so I'm still finding out information but I will get back with you on that after I get with payroll company and find out. I just found this forum and started this today so thanks for replying. Learning every day. It wont be until tomorrow that I get back with you.

6. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

7. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time Coop Dispatch driver

How much per hour pay ? How much does health insurance cost? 401K ?

8. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

You start 40% depending on experience it can be more. Ive noticed most of them starting at 44%. You will have to call and check about the health insurance, depends on how many and then they ask you your health questions. There is not a 401k.

9. BIG R GUY

40 % of what? How many hours a week average and gross money average per week?

10. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I'm still waiting for some answers too.......

11. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

44% of what the trucks total gross is......hours are starting from noon or 2 until 10 or midnight 5 days a week, Mon-Fri......gross can be between $750-$1100 depending on how many loads you can knock out in a day......bonuses are 1% of the total gross for that quarter......there is 1 saturday a month but he asks for volunteers first and usually he gets them so not mandatory unless he is not able to get them.

12. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

There is a craigslist ad running if ya want to check it out also.......

13. BIG R GUY

So your gross can vary by as much as 400 dollars a week, and you pay for your own insurance, and fund your own 401, and your bonus is basically up in the air?

fiveandfour likes this.
  14. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

Again, $750-$1100, they put $200 towards insurance, no 401k and bonus quarterly. And again there is posting on craigslist.

15. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Why would we want to go to Craig's list? You came here to tell us about the job. ...we just had some questions. About how many hours would one have to put in to make the minimum 750??

And does the1% bonus go up after time with any accidents? ?

16. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

We dont pay by the hour, paid by load picked up. And no that doesnt go up. Each quarter expected no accidents to receive quarterly bonus.

17. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I understand you you don't pay by the hour. But a proximity how time. ... 20 ....40....60 .....hours is required?

This is a fair question to ask. I went to lower side of your estimate of income to gauge the amount of time spent at work. I know you are not going to be exact

18. LindaTTI

LindaTTI New Member

I cant even give you a guess....theres loads to be picked up that are $20 something to loads that are $100 something. We are hiring for fulltime position starting at noon or 2 and running til midnite or 1. If your interested you can come in and apply. I currently have applicants going in so I believe Im ok with looking for drivers now. If you want to apply you still can but cant guarantee anything available once background gets processed and back its pretty quick. Thanks have a good weekend.

19. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Ok... good luck

20. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

Sounds to me like it is as you say, FedEx Ground, making pick ups at the customers warehouse to the FedEx terminal. Typical FedEx contractor job if ever i saw it. Meaning a 1099 for tax time. If the FedEx contractor supplies the equipment and the routes, then he is an employer, and the people are employee's. If the health benefits "are available", they may be the worst of the worst, and at best, highly priced for anyone to afford.

I cannot see the need for the full 19 drivers for all those trucks of course. I think to my personal experience that this is a seasonal job, not full time, year round. If the owner is paying a percentage of the freight being picked up, will the drivers be told what that price is?

I have seen that FedEx Ground is primarily an O/O operation and your "boss" has a bigger contract with them. There WILL BE a minimum amount of stops to make per driver, and if there are 19 trucks, I fail to see a driver earning more than say $600 weekly, and have to pay his own taxes.

I think you will get some drivers, but not the highly experienced ones at that. The doubles once was for airport runs by the way, and a percentage can be money lost over miles to and from the airport, spotting trailers, etc,etc.

O/O's typically pay nothing to attract quality drivers.

I know, I worked for 3 of them, Richard Craniums all the way, and cheap bastoids, but hey, one gets to drive a nice truck!

BIG R GUY and Stimpy like this.