Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

So befor we even know what the deal is the yes voters say I want to keep a job and feed my family and the no voters say screw it close the doors I have my pride,

There seems to he a common tread here as in 1.4 billion from zollars genius isn't going away by magic,

For myself I'm looking elsewhere for employment but once they see your union and even worse work for yrc my safety record and good looks just don't mean as much,

So I ask one simple question to the shut it down crowd if you feel that shutting it down is the way to go then why didn't you leave along time ago, as in hold your head high and march into that office and resign, your all men of conviction you don't need anyone to hold your hands, stand up for your self and quit

As I said I'm looking and when I find something better I will just leave,

As for all the freight will go elsewhere well I guess it will but fed ex will hire Russians who can't speak english long befor they hire any of us and well if your a 50 year old dock worker all I can say is I hope things work out for you cause they don't want men loading those trucks they want fresh kids in school,

So befor we even know what the deal is the yes voters say I want to keep a job and feed my family and the no voters say screw it close the doors I have my pride,

There seems to he a common tread here as in 1.4 billion from zollars genius isn't going away by magic,

For myself I'm looking elsewhere for employment but once they see your union and even worse work for yrc my safety record and good looks just don't mean as much,

So I ask one simple question to the shut it down crowd if you feel that shutting it down is the way to go then why didn't you leave along time ago, as in hold your head high and march into that office and resign, your all men of conviction you don't need anyone to hold your hands, stand up for your self and quit

As I said I'm looking and when I find something better I will just leave,

As for all the freight will go elsewhere well I guess it will but fed ex will hire Russians who can't speak english long befor they hire any of us and well if your a 50 year old dock worker all I can say is I hope things work out for you cause they don't want men loading those trucks they want fresh kids in school,

I'm glad there weren't guys like you fighting for what we have in the past. If you were around we would be working for $8 per hour with no bennies.

I'm glad there weren't guys like you fighting for what we have in the past. If you were around we would be working for $8 per hour with no bennies.
All you shut it down crowd are missing the point... Have you had the misfortune of working for any non union line before, or have you been incredibly lucky and spent your career union? Before you beat the close it down drum, do yourself and others who may be affected by your boisterous nay saying, actually go look for a comparable job. I have, that is why I'm still here. I have a college degree (B.A.), a great safety record and left a Non union company, on good terms to come here. I talked with the safety/hiring manager where I left and was told "thank you for your application, but due to your previous employment it would be easier to hire a driver with a current DWI, than a union member."

I talked with the safety/hiring manager where I left and was told "thank you for your application, but due to your previous employment it would be easier to hire a driver with a current DWI, than a union member."

Are you guys understanding this? You need to take this into consideration if you are thinking of closing the doors. Also consider your age and health problems. If you are overweight a prospective employer will consider you at risk to increase their medical premiums.

Without even knowing it you've nailed it, in the past yes you want to glorify in the past were as I want to prosper into the future,

If they close the doors what did you fight for,

If they close the doors is that fighting for higher pay and benefits?????

You keep saying the freight will go elsewhere and they will have to hire well the the freight has already gone elsewhere for the most part and we need to get it back

Go apply at these other company's and see what there offering

I don't need the doors to close when a better gig opens up I'm gone as for you I wonder why you need the doors to close to find another job if its so great out there, don't be afraid be a man and just quit, unless it's easier for you to be a whining little *****

Just saying

Without even knowing it you've nailed it, in the past yes you want to glorify in the past were as I want to prosper into the future,

If they close the doors what did you fight for,

If they close the doors is that fighting for higher pay and benefits?????

You keep saying the freight will go elsewhere and they will have to hire well the the freight has already gone elsewhere for the most part and we need to get it back

Go apply at these other company's and see what there offering

I don't need the doors to close when a better gig opens up I'm gone as for you I wonder why you need the doors to close to find another job if its so great out there, don't be afraid be a man and just quit, unless it's easier for you to be a whining little *****

Just saying
I will be a man and vote how I feel I need to vote, and deal with the consequences of the vote results when or IF those consequences happen. Seems to me you are the whining little ***** seeing as you don't want anyone to vote their conscience

And shutting down this monster means you will only get 1100 dollars a month pension because central states will be insolvent.

Oh don't get me wrong I want every one to vote exactly for what they think is best, I just think that they should walk the walk that they so like to talk

Where in my post am I telling anyone to vote against how they feel,

All I'm saying is if its so easy to find a decent job then why not hold your head high and go get that job,

I'm just glad to know my no vote cancels your yes. Won't do much good otherwise.
To swallow your pride & give away what every other Teamster before you fought & some actually died for makes me sick.
The vague wording in that "more efficient" statement to me, means less workers doing more work.
So if your on the bottom third of your board voting "yes" might mean you lose your job & bennies anyway.

You don't even F'in know what their offer is tough guy, and yet you scream VOTE NO! SHUT EM DOWN! I make you sick? You know what makes me sick? What makes me sick are arrogant jerks like you who think the only opinion that matters is theirs. Any time you're ready to have some kind of intelligent debate over the issue, I'd be glad to oblige you. Of course it seems like you're more of a blow hard and name caller........

You don't even F'in know what their offer is tough guy, and yet you scream VOTE NO! SHUT EM DOWN! I make you sick? You know what makes me sick? What makes me sick are arrogant jerks like you who think the only opinion that matters is theirs. Any time you're ready to have some kind of intelligent debate over the issue, I'd be glad to oblige you. Of course it seems like you're more of a blow hard and name caller........
All I know is that 3 other times this has happened with the same results. We take cuts & the company slash rates to get freight. The non-union companies cut their workers pay to get back under us. We end up at the same place with less pay. Non-union workers give us crap for voting in the cuts in turn lowering their pay. It's the same crap over & over again & it's not working. Ray Charles can see how bad this is & he's not only blind but dead.
Isn't the definition of "insanity" doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different outcome?
Where does it end? At what point does everyone say enough?
If it's anything other than extending the contract then I know how I'm voting.
If it wasn't for us "arrogant jerks" you wouldn't have anything to vote away.

Well if the nons slash workers pay every time we do and we close to doors, wouldn't it stand to reason they will slash workers pay to a minimum,

So instead of 15 percent to stay in LTL it'll probably be much more and a start over wow, I wish I had stayed in school

Is there gonna be any opportunity at all for Teamsters to put forth some of their own proposals? Or is it gonna have to be a vote on YRC and YRC only proposals?

I'll be finding out more as our BA talks to us in the next few days. But my suggestion is, that if there is any chance at all for proposals from us, then it's probably a good idea to start threads in this and the regionals forums and bounce some ideas around.

Personally,I'm ticked that they wait till the last minute. IT MAKES THEM EVEN MORE UNTRUSTWORTHY THAN EVER AT A REALLY STUPID TIME FOR 32,000 FAMILIES.
I think it would be ignorant to not even listen to them and see what they want or "need".
But if what they need is doable, it is totally unacceptable for us to have no proposals or things in place to make sure our sacrifice is used correctlly, and if that means YRC books open to Locals and IBT to make sure they are not wasting it on a constant basis, that would be more comfortable.
IF THEY WANT OR ALLOW NO PROPOSALS FROM OUR SIDE TO LOOK OUT FOR OUR 'INVESTMENT" IN THEIR BANK LOAN HELP. i cannot vote yes. They'll just wreck the world more.

Personally I have no care whatsoever if the bankers who were foolish enough to loan the money in the first place lose their money, jobs, or carreers or anything else.

I dont think it beneficial for us to have nowhere to go either. But I'Ve lost care on wether i lose my house, car or anything anymore thanks to Zollars and the banks.
If it goes i figure the country is on its way out at a much faster pace.

No matter what happens yrc must be forced into paying off its debt load, if zollars had used our givebacks in the spirit they were given I suspect we would still be in debt but not to this degree,

Let's say Co gets a cut in wages. They can't hire now.. Short help all over the country Why do you think all the crying a out absenteeism. Where are these people coming from to move all that extra freight? They dug a hole they can't get out of.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

309 YRC Chicago

I dont see as many random drug either any more. There was always nurse around back when drug testing somebody. Not as much anymore. Maybe they are afraid to lose more workers that way. "Don't drug test them we don't have any drivers as it is."