Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

No matter what happens yrc must be forced into paying off its debt load, if zollars had used our givebacks in the spirit they were given I suspect we would still be in debt but not to this degree,

Absolutelly. We should at least carry a small degree of the dignity that the bankers have. They have requirements for loaning money. They have deadlines and demands. We too should have demands and deadlines. And I dont wanna hear "ya cant tell them how to run their business" crap. They dont know or we wouldnt be here.

The banks want guarentees of how their money will be paid back. They want the company to want something for us.
Its only fair for us to want in return also.

Some proposals from us could be things that should make the bankers even more comfortable, such as maybe having in writing that YrC isnt gonna waste money on extra white collar jobs with the money they get from us. Maybe we could propose that they cut down on white colllar spending under a 5 year contract. Wouldnt that kind of stuff make the bankers more comfortable?
Or are they all in cohoots to take union rights away altogether?
If their is language in there for incremental pay increases, like i have heard through rumour, and if they gave us more say like things to make us more comfortable that they aint gonna keep violating the contract procedures and durations, and if things are put in there for even the locals and IBT to keep an eye on their books to make sure they arent just screwing us, and are paying down their debt i see a yes vote possible.
But if they want us to trust them and just vote yes on faith in them with no proposals from us, no. The banks get demands and so should we......no insurance to our side? NO DEAL.
they cant be adding management and increasing their pay as they take from us. No deal.

All I know is that 3 other times this has happened with the same results. We take cuts & the company slash rates to get freight. The non-union companies cut their workers pay to get back under us. We end up at the same place with less pay. Non-union workers give us crap for voting in the cuts in turn lowering their pay. It's the same crap over & over again & it's not working. Ray Charles can see how bad this is & he's not only blind but dead.
Isn't the definition of "insanity" doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different outcome?
Where does it end? At what point does everyone say enough?
If it's anything other than extending the contract then I know how I'm voting.
If it wasn't for us "arrogant jerks" you wouldn't have anything to vote away.

Why are you under the impression that there will be cuts? Everything I've been told by local union officials and every rumor I've heard is that they want an extension, that they will give us back something. Obviously, they want some language to curb absenteeism and it sounds like they want something in the way of work rule changes. As far as the alleged absenteeism problem (which they created by taking away vacation), they already have language in place to discipline for absenteeism. IMO, they don't like how many people have and use FMLA. Unless they have friends in the federal government, they won't be changing a damn thing about that. As far as any work rule changes, I won't even speculate as to what they want. I will listen and see if what they offer is something I can live with. So by you saying I'm ready to "vote away" everything, that's simply not true. I'm willing to listen to what they have to say and make an informed decision. That's something that many of the most vocal on this site aren't even willing to do.....

O.K.- How do I go back to college when I'm not on lay-off, and still feed my family, and provide them with health coverage? Do I just quit and have no income at all? Maybe I should've said, if you don't like it find another job or career that you would like more. Should I vote no and if they shut the doors tell my family, "It's not always about the money. I know we can't pay all the bills, or get good medical care, or have the comforts in life we have now...." Hey, but at least my head would be held high........

I started school when I was working 40 hours a week. Took a weekend bid and took classes on Tuesday and Thursday's. Fed my family and had health coverage. Nows the time to do it. If you can't see that it's only a matter of time until the doors are shut anyway, you have your head in the sand. But go ahead...give them back 25%, another weeks vacation, your sick days and maybe pay $200 a month towards your healthcare a month. At least you have a job.....you make me sick. Give back all our past brothers have fought for....atta boy.

All those that want to shut it down are holding their heads high alright. Trouble is they're holding the wrong heads!

(That thought came to me while I was raking the leaves).

I'm not saying to shut it down. I'm saying, stop threatening to shut it down if we don't cave in. We were told when they asked for the 10% giveback that this is all we need to turn the ship upright....now they keep asking and asking sand never change the way they operate. That's the definition of insanity. Keep doing the same thing over and over again, but expect a different outcome. Enough is enough already. We gave them an inch and they're asking for a mile.

My suggestion to these drivers talking about these huge give backs is to go to the ABF site and find the old posts before the company actually made their offer to the drivers. Guys were posting all sorts of guesses about what the company was going to offer, most of them were much worse than the actual seven percent they agreed upon. Guys were talking 15 percent and pension cuts and vacation cuts and paying for insurance and all sorts of things, but they were all just guesses like guys are guessing on here. Let's wait till we have some sort of actual offer on the table and then say it is bad or good, but to just sit and complain about guesses is a waste of time and energy, oh it might make you feel better to vent a little, but it sure isn't going to amount to a hill of beans in fixing the actual problems we are facing. It would be nice if guys would show a little respect on here to their fellow teamster brothers, yes we all have different opinions and views on topics, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss them like grown ups and try to find solutions rather than creating more problems.

Shutting down the company and being out of work for five years means you lose approximately $400,000 just in salary alone not even counting loss of pension contributions. Just pointing out the other side of the coin.

Why on Earth would you be unemployed for 5 years if the company shut it's doors? I would be looking for another job immediately while collecting unemployment in the process. Voting yes buys you more time to find something better. Voting no forces those who want to work into finding a crappy job until they can find what they want. Vote yes then get out. It ain't ever going to get any better!

Why on Earth would you be unemployed for 5 years if the company shut it's doors? I would be looking for another job immediately while collecting unemployment in the process. Voting yes buys you more time to find something better. Voting no forces those who want to work into finding a crappy job until they can find what they want. Vote yes then get out. It ain't ever going to get any better!

Just pointing the other side of the coin for comparison sake - how much you'd be losing if not working. Besides, you can't count on a job you don't have yet.

PS - Exactly my point about voting yes and keeping what you have while looking for something better. Better to look for a job while still employed than to be looking afterwards.

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are a real man and stood for something! You are a coward and a brown noser. YRC tried to by ABF last spring now this fall the are broke! give me a break! Ban me if you want, but i speak the truth!!!!

That was a 2 sided ploy to scare the ABF folks into signing a sub standard concessionary contract AND it drove the stock prices through the roof, on both companies, as the blood thirsty vultures in the market went short on both companies, hedging a big payday. It was a partial failure EXCEPT for those that cashed out when the stock price crested $33. a share. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there were 3 at YRC that had a big payday.

That was a 2 sided ploy to scare the ABF folks into signing a sub standard concessionary contract AND it drove the stock prices through the roof, on both companies, as the blood thirsty vultures in the market went short on both companies, hedging a big payday. It was a partial failure EXCEPT for those that cashed out when the stock price crested $33. a share. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there were 3 at YRC that had a big payday.

We only found out about it because of leaked info about a month after ABF rejected the deal. That means they had been talking longer than that. I don't disagree that it could have been a con job, but I doubt it. Yellow management can not run a freight company. Their M.O. is to buy a profitable company, suck everything out of it, coast on fumes, and buy another company.

On another note about the ABF story. Hoffa sent out a letter saying he was shocked, SHOCKED, to hear YRC management did this. Does that sound fishy? It should. Several new outlets reported the YRC board voted unanimously to aprove the purchase. Teamsters have TWO members on that board. Do they not report back whats going on to the people that appointed them? If they don't, get some that will. We have two bosses now YRC and Teamsters Inc. and aslong as the union has a stake in the company I don't trust a damn thing they say. It is a conflict of interest.

309 YRC Chicago

Just pointing the other side of the coin for comparison sake - how much you'd be losing if not working. Besides, you can't count on a job you don't have yet.

PS - Exactly my point about voting yes and keeping what you have while looking for something better. Better to look for a job while still employed than to be looking afterwards.

Thank you for pointing out what we already know.

Captain Obvious saves the day again!!

Give back all our past brothers have fought for....atta boy.

Isn't supporting the Bankruptcy of YRCF the same thing..?? Think about it for a moment....How many Union Trucking Jobs are left? ... Actively supporting the Demise of YRCF through a "no vote" is tantamount to throwing in the towel, as it were, essentially giving up those things that you say our past Brothers & Sisters "fought" for. Once YRCF closes, those "things" that have been a cornerstone of Union Membership, will be lost with no hope of being regained by the majority of YRCF employees. Also it will serve only to further weaken the Union. To hold out hope and to respect our past brothers and sisters, would it not be more logical to do what needs to be done to "nurse" the Company back to Financial health before trying to negotiate for a better contract?

Furthermore, Am I to conclude from your statement that your more concerned with our "Past Brothers" than with needs of our current Brothers and Sisters? What about all those retirees that contributed to the Union and the Company over a lifetime of hard work....many of whom walked picket lines in the past.....Just shut it down and give up because your not happy.....? Such shallow and small thinking.....Perhaps you should give yourself that "atta boy"

All I know is that 3 other times this has happened with the same results. We take cuts & the company slash rates to get freight. The non-union companies cut their workers pay to get back under us. We end up at the same place with less pay. Non-union workers give us crap for voting in the cuts in turn lowering their pay. It's the same crap over & over again & it's not working. Ray Charles can see how bad this is & he's not only blind but dead.
Isn't the definition of "insanity" doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different outcome?
Where does it end? At what point does everyone say enough?
If it's anything other than extending the contract then I know how I'm voting.

All I know is that 3 other times this has happened with the same results.

Think about it.... The result is that your still working at YRCF and making a decent wage and decent benefits....So yes...The concessions voted on by the majority achieved the same result..the Company is still in operation....I think that was the objective...I think that is a good result...

We take cuts & the company slash rates to get freight. The non-union companies cut their workers pay to get back under us.

Companies have always cut rates in hopes of attracting new business...nothing new with that....In the current economic environment that we are experiencing, the Non-Union Companies are most likely cutting wages to their employees for the same reason that YRCF is...to cut costs where they can....Do you think that by demanding that your past wage be paid is going to somehow make YRCF profitable again...and raise the wages of the Non-Union employees?...

We end up at the same place with less pay.

Allow YRCF to shut down.... you will end up in a place with less pay...likely significantly less pay and benefits...Why do you see that as an acceptable alternative to the Job you already have?

Non-union workers give us crap for voting in the cuts in turn lowering their pay. It's the same crap over & over again & it's not working

Really? If any Non-Union workers think that their pay reductions are just because of YRCF concessions..then they are showing there small minded thinking.... so you think it's not working? well.... Your still working aren't you? ... If it wasn't, you would have been working at a Company that pays much less all ready....and probably with a lot of the same "crap" you put up with at YRCF..... So yes...right now it's working for all the Employees of YRCF.....and will until the "vote no" crowd gets what they want.....

Yes I have heard that "Definition" before...If that is true, consider this..Companies have been closed for various reasons many times....and in every case it's the workers, people like you, that are the ones that take the brunt of the hardships it will inevitably create...so how will shutting down YRCF be any different? If you think the Closure of YRCF is somehow going to be different than that....doesn't that make your argument in favor of shutting down the Company just as "insane"?

Quite to the Contrary....if the "vote no" crowd had their way.....the Company would already have been gone.....which means that the issue of voting on anything would not exist....So it is only becasue of the sane, that you have the opportunity to exercise your right to vote at this time on this issue....

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are a real man and stood for something! You are a coward and a brown noser. YRC tried to by ABF last spring now this fall the are broke! give me a break! Ban me if you want, but i speak the truth!!!!

You apparently have no clue what it means to be a "real man" do you? You may think of yourself as a "real man"...but that doesn't necessarily to equate to your being a thinking man..... What we need are more thinking men than "real men" .. We need people that possess an adult level of reasoning on such an important issue as this.....

Ban me if you want

Why would think that your statements would be worthy of being banned for? ....

You apparently have no clue what it means to be a "real man" do you? You may think of yourself as a "real man"...but that doesn't necessarily to equate to your being a thinking man..... What we need are more thinking men than "real men" .. We need people that possess an adult level of reasoning on such an important issue as this.....

Why would think that your statements would be worthy of being banned for? ....

Because I called him a brown noser and R-14 has kicked people for that before.

You didn't read my post about the ABF sale and Hoffa being shocked? I am a real thinking man, and right now I think you are scared. Scared of going through hardship for the principle of the matter. Scared to hunt for another job. Scared to stand up to bullying tactics and tyranny, but worst of all you try to frame your argument in compassion for everybody else. You hide your scared little shell of a man figure behind the guise that you care if others lose their job, when all along you are scared. Don't forget to leave your light in when you go to sleep!

Because I called him a brown noser and R-14 has kicked people for that before.

You didn't read my post about the ABF sale and Hoffa being shocked? I am a real thinking man, and right now I think you are scared. Scared of going through hardship for the principle of the matter. Scared to hunt for another job. Scared to stand up to bullying tactics and tyranny, but worst of all you try frame your argument in compassion for everybody else. You hide your scared little shell of a man figure behind the guise that you care if others lose their job, when all along you are scared. Don't forget to leave your light in when you go to sleep!

Do you have to struggle to make such asinine comments or as I suspect it it just part of your nature, something you're born with and can't help?

Do you have to struggle to make such asinine comments or as I suspect it it just part of your nature, something you're born with and can't help?

I guess being born with a backbone and using it is something I can't help. How do you invertebrates type the ideas fed to you by the company?

I guess being born with a backbone and using it is something I can't help. How do you invertebrates type the ideas fed to you by the company?

Oh no, have you been listening in when Welch calls me? I thought I fixed that a while ago. Nuts! :biglaugh:

(You really are funny, and that's not meant as a compliment).

Oh no, have you been listening in when Welch calls me? I thought I fixed that a while ago. Nuts! :biglaugh:

(You really are funny, and that's not meant as a compliment).

I didn't know Welch called you. I thought he just whispered the ideas to you as you rolled out of his bed each morning. Zing!