Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

Think about it.... The result is that your still working at YRCF and making a decent wage and decent benefits....So yes...The concessions voted on by the majority achieved the same result..the Company is still in operation....I think that was the objective...I think that is a good result...

Companies have always cut rates in hopes of attracting new business...nothing new with that....In the current economic environment that we are experiencing, the Non-Union Companies are most likely cutting wages to their employees for the same reason that YRCF is...to cut costs where they can....Do you think that by demanding that your past wage be paid is going to somehow make YRCF profitable again...and raise the wages of the Non-Union employees?...

Allow YRCF to shut down.... you will end up in a place with less pay...likely significantly less pay and benefits...Why do you see that as an acceptable alternative to the Job you already have?

Really? If any Non-Union workers think that their pay reductions are just because of YRCF concessions..then they are showing there small minded thinking.... so you think it's not working? well.... Your still working aren't you? ... If it wasn't, you would have been working at a Company that pays much less all ready....and probably with a lot of the same "crap" you put up with at YRCF..... So yes...right now it's working for all the Employees of YRCF.....and will until the "vote no" crowd gets what they want.....

Yes I have heard that "Definition" before...If that is true, consider this..Companies have been closed for various reasons many times....and in every case it's the workers, people like you, that are the ones that take the brunt of the hardships it will inevitably create...so how will shutting down YRCF be any different? If you think the Closure of YRCF is somehow going to be different than that....doesn't that make your argument in favor of shutting down the Company just as "insane"?

Quite to the Contrary....if the "vote no" crowd had their way.....the Company would already have been gone.....which means that the issue of voting on anything would not exist....So it is only becasue of the sane, that you have the opportunity to exercise your right to vote at this time on this issue....

You ever stop and think maybe alot of yes voters in the past figured out they were lied to multiple times in the past and are simply demanding honest answers and accountability this time before considering anything else?

You ever stop and think maybe alot of yes voters in the past figured out they were lied to multiple times in the past and are simply demanding honest answers and accountability this time before considering anything else?

Lied to? In what way? Are you saying that Company just made it all up about how financially distressed they were...and still are? From the Posts that I read it appears that they are calling for the Closure of the Company....not about honest answers....with your distrust of the Company and the Union would you even recognize what an honest answer would look like? ...

More accurately it is not so much YRCF as it is the conditions placed on them by the lenders....How does it make sense to support the loss of Jobs just because you feel you were "lied" to? ... It is a big World out there and along the way someone is going to "lie" to you.... you just have to grow up and get over that as it is a fact of life in our society......the Issue is larger than whether or not you feel that you were "lied" to..

It is more prudent to make a decision based on a gathering of the facts as best as possible and leave your hurt feelings about your perception of being "lied" to at home.....

309 YRC Chicago

Bingo :clapping:

Because I called him a brown noser and R-14 has kicked people for that before.

You didn't read my post about the ABF sale and Hoffa being shocked? I am a real thinking man, and right now I think you are scared. Scared of going through hardship for the principle of the matter. Scared to hunt for another job. Scared to stand up to bullying tactics and tyranny, but worst of all you try to frame your argument in compassion for everybody else. You hide your scared little shell of a man figure behind the guise that you care if others lose their job, when all along you are scared. Don't forget to leave your light in when you go to sleep!

Because I called him a brown noser and R-14 has kicked people for that before.

R-14 Driver, like all the Moderators, seem to be very fair and I somehow doubt that he would ban anyone just for that...but I don't know anything of the circumstance you make mention of...so I'll just leave it at that....

I am a real thinking man, and right now I think you are scared

That statement alone just proves my point...

Scared of going through hardship for the principle of the matter.

It's one thing to subject yourself to unnecessary hardship for your own "principals" but it's quite another matter to foist your "principals" on others who may wish to keep their jobs and may not share your opinion.....Then to call those people "scared" only further shows your not a thinking "man".....

Scared to hunt for another job. Scared to stand up to bullying tactics and tyranny,

If it is that bad....Why don't you..yes you.. go hunt for another job... no one is making you stay with the Company.....Why do you stay? .....

Do you seriously think that the Company trying to refinance its debt at an interest level that is more reasonable rises to the level of "tyranny"?
You don't even know what the full extent of any proposal is at the moment.....presenting the facts of the situation is not "bullying tactics"....and the facts that are known, so far, are that of the Company trying to refinance its debt so people like you can still have a job.....Your calling people "scared" because they may not be in favor of voting themselves and their families on to unemployment is just you trying your own little bullying tactic......a rather pathetic one...but still....

You hide your scared little shell of a man figure behind the guise that you care if others lose their job, when all along you are scared

"scared little shell of a man figure"....haha.. if your knew me you would realize just how ignorant that comes across as...

Yes I actually do care if others lose their jobs...yes I do care about the hardships that would cause for the families of those employees....yes I do care about how that would adversely affect the already shrinking Union membership .... yes I do care about how that might affect those that are almost able to retire and those that already have....yes I do care about all those younger workers that would like to have a good paying Union Job that will come behind those that are in the position to either make or break that opportunity at this point in time...yes I care about whether or not People have a job......and yes I do have compassion for people......

If that makes me a "Scared little shell of a man figure" I would say that the fact that you have no such compassion or concern for your fellow workers, or for people in general, makes you an Empty and Hollow shell of a human being...something far less than the "real thinking man" you consider yourself to be....

worst of all you try to frame your argument in compassion for everybody else.

Having compassion for others and making that a point to consider is the "worst"?
I respectfully recommend that you go and get yourself some therapy...

Your comments only re-enforce my view that the "vote no" crowd is not capable of any meaningful thoughts outside of what they perceive as "good" for themselves...and that is sad...

I guess being born with a backbone and using it is something I can't help. How do you invertebrates type the ideas fed to you by the company?

It would have been better if your were born with a Brain and used it......Ohhhh yes I know...that was uncalled for ....but it's something I just couldn't help..... Strike that from the record....

I already have another job. I just stay here cause I like the friendly work environment.

Well then stop trying to ruin it for everyone else then......and for yourself too, as it like the friendly work environment...and I must say that I can agree with the Friendly work Environment comment.... I spent 25 years with the Company and the people that I worked with were, for the most part, Good people and made the daily grind tolerable .....

Well then stop trying to ruin it for everyone else then......and for yourself too, as it like the friendly work environment...and I must say that I can agree with the Friendly work Environment comment.... I spent 25 years with the Company and the people that I worked with were, for the most part, Good people and made the daily grind tolerable .....

that was sarcasm

Private fleet hauling our own products- not in LTL!

The hiring process takes 4 months...

I have a new tractor, and a regular schedule. Our Management says email or call if you have a problem. Otherwise we communicate every three months or so. Just show up- meet the schedule, go home. Life is good!
I turned down a job there in 96 or 97, went through the whole hiring process.
Nice people there. And they are always nice when I deliver to the factory or warehouses now.
Didn't take it because I had a great job working for great people but that didn't last for another six months.
Should have re applied but when I got the job a holland I thought I had my last job.
YRC fixed that for me.

Lied to? In what way? Are you saying that Company just made it all up about how financially distressed they were...and still are? From the Posts that I read it appears that they are calling for the Closure of the Company....not about honest answers....with your distrust of the Company and the Union would you even recognize what an honest answer would look like? ...

More accurately it is not so much YRCF as it is the conditions placed on them by the lenders....How does it make sense to support the loss of Jobs just because you feel you were "lied" to? ... It is a big World out there and along the way someone is going to "lie" to you.... you just have to grow up and get over that as it is a fact of life in our society......the Issue is larger than whether or not you feel that you were "lied" to..

It is more prudent to make a decision based on a gathering of the facts as best as possible and leave your hurt feelings about your perception of being "lied" to at home.....

NO....he means the company lied when they signed that MOU and that THEY would abide by it!.....KK

whew! still laughing at your weak attempt to personalize my statement from a lie to hurt feelings. I kinda think your the one with the hurt feelings and the only advice I can give you is start brushing your teeth and the feelings you now have wont hurt as often. and the need for additional feelings will be greatly reduced. I see your type often at truck stops. in Mcdonalds speak you are a Mcnasty.Sorry if the truth hurts yell OUCH! Since your not capable of realizing you were and are being lied to I figured I would talk in a way your capable of understanding...

Hey your scared I understand we all are ,but we can't just keep giving them what they want . We still have over a year on or current contract ,and we're being threatened with a shut down . I personally don't think voting no will shut down the company. We have a good company that can make money for the share holders and the banks ,and the teamsters .

Lamb or lion ? Lets see they held the quarterly statement until today Nov.12th, and have to start the refi on the notes by Nov 15th in order to meet the dead line.? They knew this debt was coming due for how long and they wait till the last minute to inform us.! I wonder what else their not telling us ? Vote yes, Vote no....how about we find out whats really going on so we can be informed before we do !

I agree. Let's shut them down so we don't have to lose that $122,995.00. Huh???

Amen. You cant count income you never had in the first place as lost income. Right now you don't have that 123k because you're not sure the company will be open for that long. That's like saying your house is worth $250,000 when everything in your neighborhood is selling for $100,000. It's only worth what you sell it for...the same as your labor.

When we agreed to the last round of concessions, we essentially accepted a new job at lower pay. Obviously, this was still a better alternative for almost everyone on these forums than looking for a new job or else you most certainly would have quit then. Unfortunately given the state of the job market, more concessions at YRC is still better than what most of us would find elsewhere.

Isn't supporting the Bankruptcy of YRCF the same thing..?? Think about it for a moment....How many Union Trucking Jobs are left? ... Actively supporting the Demise of YRCF through a "no vote" is tantamount to throwing in the towel, as it were, essentially giving up those things that you say our past Brothers & Sisters "fought" for. Once YRCF closes, those "things" that have been a cornerstone of Union Membership, will be lost with no hope of being regained by the majority of YRCF employees. Also it will serve only to further weaken the Union. To hold out hope and to respect our past brothers and sisters, would it not be more logical to do what needs to be done to "nurse" the Company back to Financial health before trying to negotiate for a better contract?

Furthermore, Am I to conclude from your statement that your more concerned with our "Past Brothers" than with needs of our current Brothers and Sisters? What about all those retirees that contributed to the Union and the Company over a lifetime of hard work....many of whom walked picket lines in the past.....Just shut it down and give up because your not happy.....? Such shallow and small thinking.....Perhaps you should give yourself that "atta boy"

I am not supporting bankruptcy...I would just like to know how much are we willing to give back "just to have a job?" Do we give back another week's vacation?....Our measly 5 sick days?.....another 5,10%?.... Tell me how much you are willing to give back to have the luxury to work in freezing cold temperatures or blistering hot temperatures, just to watch them give you ballcaps and **** their money away. With the first round of concessions, we were told this is all we need to right the ship. Was it? Or did they not come back again and again. All I ask is that you tell me when enough is enough. If you chose to give up more, then, atta boy.

I am not supporting bankruptcy...I would just like to know how much are we willing to give back "just to have a job?" Do we give back another week's vacation?....Our measly 5 sick days?.....another 5,10%?.... Tell me how much you are willing to give back to have the luxury to work in freezing cold temperatures or blistering hot temperatures, just to watch them give you ballcaps and **** their money away. With the first round of concessions, we were told this is all we need to right the ship. Was it? Or did they not come back again and again. All I ask is that you tell me when enough is enough. If you chose to give up more, then, atta boy.

They will not be able to tell you that until after the negotiations and they present a agreement to be voted on, all they currently want to know is if we are interested in having a discussion about a new agreement earlier then next year when the preliminary talks for the 2015 contract would have started anyway.

People on here are figuring on wages they can't count on until they've worked to earn them. Just like counting money not earned during a strike. Never count as owed what you never received. The vote took the wages from one amount to another. That's all you have. There is 'no owed'....

Take the needle off the record for crying out loud. You along with the others that don't work for YRC couldn't care less if WE, the men and woman who actually work for the company take another 5 years of concessions. You're not having to deal with the pay cuts, nor the pension issues WE face. You just want the company to remain open for your own selfish reasons. That would be that if the company closed the doors the pension funds would be flooded by new retirees trying to get whatever they can and in turn break the funds all together. So scram! Sit on the sidelines and let the active members discuss these issues WE face.

Take the needle off the record for crying out loud. You along with the others that don't work for YRC couldn't care less if WE, the men and woman who actually work for the company take another 5 years of concessions. You're not having to deal with the pay cuts, nor the pension issues WE face. You just want the company to remain open for your own selfish reasons. That would be that if the company closed the doors the pension funds would be flooded by new retirees trying to get whatever they can and in turn break the funds all together. So scram! Sit on the sidelines and let the active members discuss these issues WE face.

Wow, just yesterday we honored those veterans who, by their actions, helped preserve our way of life which includes freedom of speech - the right to voice one's opinions even if they are not popular with all concerned. Not a day later here comes someone telling certain people to "scram" essentially because they don't meet his arbitrary standards for participation. Amazing.

I turned down a job there in 96 or 97, went through the whole hiring process.
Nice people there. And they are always nice when I deliver to the factory or warehouses now.
Didn't take it because I had a great job working for great people but that didn't last for another six months.
Should have re applied but when I got the job a holland I thought I had my last job.
YRC fixed that for me.
It's a long commute to Indy, but come on down. We need another. Short, night runs, tho. Would be bottom of 9 in our little fleet. PM me if you want more info.