FedEx Freight | extra lights

bad company

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering something and hoping that someone could help me with it.
My question is about extra lights in your window or on your mirror bracket. I heard that you all get in big trouble if you are caught with any extra lights. I have also heard that here in the west, that we will be following your lead. If we get caught with these lights, they will suspend us for a week. Is this true? I don't run these lights but, alot of our guys do. Thanks

I don't know about being suspende for a week, but East policy is no extra lights, no lights from the mirrors, no modifications to equipment. CB antennas must be mounted from the perches supplied. Do not mount anything to the mirror brackets or to the back of the cab (although I do see a lot of antennas on the back of the cabs).

If you get caught it is a write up but not a week supension.

:moped:

ETexSanta said:
I don't know about being suspende for a week, but East policy is no extra lights, no lights from the mirrors, no modifications to equipment. CB antennas must be mounted from the perches supplied. Do not mount anything to the mirror brackets or to the back of the cab (although I do see a lot of antennas on the back of the cabs).

If you get caught it is a write up but not a week supension.

:moped:
thank you. I have heard that they are going to do that with us. I guess if it happens it happens.

Too bad. With all the FEDEX trks going up and down the road, it may be nice to know who is in them. Calling 20 or 30 trks and getting one or two drivers to answer you is fustrating. At least if you knew who was who, you wouldn't be wasting time trying to get someone to talk to you. If you could identify the driver by his/her lites, you may know whether they would talk or not.

Several guys have lights that are on their radio, so they are visible in the windshield.

Myself I don't care for them, but to each his own.

FM

You can do whatever you want on the inside, as long as there are no truck modifications. Extra outside lights are a no-no from what we've been told.

And no drywall screws to anchor the chicken lights (topeka), yes that's happened.. lol

roog

:biglaugh: We called them ''Good Buddy Lights'':biglaugh:

BTW I don't belive in them either.

Same here, I do all I can to turn off all the lights in the truck, I can't imagine wanting to add some! :-)

roog

Smokestack said:
:biglaugh: We called them ''Good Buddy Lights'':biglaugh:

BTW I don't belive in them either.

only light i want to see is the light on the xm radio at night... I turn my cb off 90% of the time because of the lights...

I keep my slipseat driver's CB turned off 100% of the time because there are other people using that thing and most of them aren't worth listening to anyway. :-)

roog

roogie said:
I keep my slipseat driver's CB turned off 100% of the time because there are other people using that thing and most of them aren't worth listening to anyway. :-)

roog
I can't believe you said that, I thought we was friends :sadwavey: :hissyfit:

FM

roogie said:

roog

cb radio is much easier to listen to at 3 am than 3 pm though

out here I pass about 4 fed ex drivers each way on my turn... (OD driver)... I only know one of them by name, and it is due to the fact that he runs 2 white lights on the inside of the cab, at each end of the dash... ?