TForce | "Extreme Makeover" Features UPS Family

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Let's watch this show!

His father works for UPS Worldport. This is bound to be a touching story!

Last name is already public knowledge for this upcoming show.
UPS Air District employee Patrick John Hughes' family home was demolished in November 2007, to make room for local builders and hundreds of volunteers to build a brand new, high-tech, wheelchair accessible home for his son Patrick Henry.
The Extreme Makeover: Home Edition two-hour episode will air this Sunday, February 17 at 8 p.m. Eastern time on ABC Television. (Check your local listing for show times.)

U of L trumpeter Patrick Henry Hughes will appear on 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'

Hughes family press conference

Story also on the UPSERS site.

Great post Dockworker,

My family and I watch this show every week. I am thankful that you posted this. It is really nice to see good work being done in our community’s.

With all the bad stuff going on in our world all around us.
Its really nice to see something good going on for a change.

If I remember right, some guys gave him a bunch of sh*t for this becuase he lied or someone accused him of lying about what happened to his son or somthing.

If I remember right, some guys gave him a bunch of sh*t for this becuase he lied or someone accused him of lying about what happened to his son or somthing.

There will always be someone out there with a "Why not me" attitude and they will try to **** on everyone's parade. Don't we see them on a daily basis ourselves.

I am sure that this show fully researches every situation before they invest in this costly endeavor weekly.

My family and I are watching the show rite now. Let me tell you what that kid can sing and jam on the piano. Man he is good

Its amazing how at times we think we have it so tough. That kid makes you think a little bit. As alot of other familys we see on this show do also.

Its amazing how at times we think we have it so tough. That kid makes you think a little bit. As alot of other familys we see on this show do also.

We all go threw tough times. Some go threw tougher times. We sometimes take things for granted. We are not thankful for what we have and we want more.

Yesterday my kids and I one 5 years old and the other 10 years old with our church childrens group took lunches to a homeless shelter. It was a real awakining. I made the children feel good to help familys in need.

To me this show is truley what a reality TV showshould be.

I'm jealous! They have such a cool techie house!
They deserve it though.:hide:

Again, that kid has got such an amazing personality.
I was inspired by his ability despite his disability.

Yes please come on over! My lower lip is quivering. I'm about to cry a river. That was such a touching ending. :smilie_132:

We watch the show every week. My wife and daughter are usually prepared, They know they are going to cry. I try to be a man about it, and run in the bathroom at the first tear drop.:hysterical: