Facebook question

yes, i knew the person but didn't send the request. Last week another friend told me they were accepted by someone they never asked to be friends with, they also knew the person, but it seems to be happening going both ways, guess they have a glitch of some kind

yes, i knew the person but didn't send the request. Last week another friend told me they were accepted by someone they never asked to be friends with, they also knew the person, but it seems to be happening going both ways, guess they have a glitch of some kind

I'm now trying to decide to delete them or what.

Anyone ever have a friend request accepted that your sure you never sent?

I accidentally sent out friend requests to all the people Facebook suggested for me once, based on friends of friends. Took me a week to clear that mess up.

What kills me is the amount of people that say they hate Facebook, yet you still have the account? Seems silly to continue to utilize something you hate.

Anyone ever have a friend request accepted that your sure you never sent?

That is a very common problem on FB. People will steal someones picture/pictures and create a fake FB account and try to get as many people as possible, who are on EVERYONES friend list in an attempt to get hold of some good information that they can use to defraud someone out of any money they can.

If it happened to me I didn't notice it. But I did receive this E-Mail at my AOL account today.
Read Attached Massage For More Information
I haven't figured out to read a massage yet.

That is a very common problem on FB. People will steal someones picture/pictures and create a fake FB account and try to get as many people as possible, who are on EVERYONES friend list in an attempt to get hold of some good information that they can use to defraud someone out of any money they can.

Whenever you get a friend request from someone already a friend, decline. If you take just 2 seconds to LOOK at a profile that has requested you, you'll be able to tell if it a bogus account by the lack of history or pictures.

If it happened to me I didn't notice it. But I did receive this E-Mail at my AOL account today.

I haven't figured out to read a massage yet.

You probably messed up by simply opening the email. I had three different email address's hacked in three years. Once by opening a email that appeared to come from my brother.....It was not from him, just his email addy. He had already been hacked. I found out thru friends calling on the phone asking why would I send out such emails??? This was news to me. Turned out that within 60 seconds of turning my cpu off, emails started flying from my yahoo.com addy. The two other times, I thought my my gmail accounts had been hacked. Further investigation proved it was not my email, but Google had been hacked. Contacted Google and was told "You are mistaken. We can't be hacked." Three months later, on TV, Google announced they had been hacked and the problem was solved. I have learned that no password is foolproof. Sometimes they don't even need your password. They just hack a website. Don't believe me. Watch the news tonight. Target, Neiman Marcus, and a few others are having problems right now and it is growing by leaps and bounds every day. My inlaws BANK ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. The bank called them in, explained everything, CLOSED their accounts, OPENED BRAND NEW ACCOUNTS, and it was hacked before they could drive the 15 minute drive home.

Another biggie for email hacking is to create a real looking yahoo, msn, google, or whoever page, and say they are clearing out all unused accounts as people make up new accounts and then revert back to the old account, Said email wants you to verify if you use this account. They look really really authentic. You "verify" your account and BOOM. You have been had. But most times now, you get an innocent looking email from a friend or family member telling you this is the funniest, harshest, most stupid, most beautiful, saddest, or WHATEVER, and you click on it and BOOM...You have been had. you're sending out p*on to everyone in your address book. I keep a fake email addy in my contacts just in case mt email gets hacked. That way if my cpu starts sending out emails after I shut it down, I get a notice saying that the email I sent to $%^&&.com is undeliverable. I know then I have a problem.

You probably messed up by simply opening the email. I had three different email address's hacked in three years. Once by opening a email that appeared to come from my brother.....It was not from him, just his email addy. He had already been hacked. I found out thru friends calling on the phone asking why would I send out such emails??? This was news to me. Turned out that within 60 seconds of turning my cpu off, emails started flying from my yahoo.com addy. The two other times, I thought my my gmail accounts had been hacked. Further investigation proved it was not my email, but Google had been hacked. Contacted Google and was told "You are mistaken. We can't be hacked." Three months later, on TV, Google announced they had been hacked and the problem was solved. I have learned that no password is foolproof. Sometimes they don't even need your password. They just hack a website. Don't believe me. Watch the news tonight. Target, Neiman Marcus, and a few others are having problems right now and it is growing by leaps and bounds every day. My inlaws BANK ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. The bank called them in, explained everything, CLOSED their accounts, OPENED BRAND NEW ACCOUNTS, and it was hacked before they could drive the 15 minute drive home.
I'm not so sure about that. I've received gobs of scams and bogus E-Mails. I usually open them for ***** and giggles. One time I got notice that a friend of mine died and I needed to click on something to get the rest. I just called him and he already knew about the thing. Everything I have read said not to open attachments and that has worked for me. I have had my ABF Credit Union credit card cancelled by them two or three times already because some Target style breach had occurred. What really amazes me is the poor grammar that goes with a lot of these scams. Any banker or lawyer who has $1Million for me will know English and how to spell. :shrug:

I'm just barely on Facebook to stay up with my spread across the country family. What I don't like about Facebook is people from your past can find you, whether you want them to or not.

I have had a few friend requests from people that I have no idea how they landed on my wall in the first place. Had some others that thought FB was a dating site, which was an automatic delete. I think I have my friends on FB set to private so know one can spam them. It's wild and crazy world out there, especially on Facebook,

I'm just barely on Facebook to stay up with my spread across the country family. What I don't like about Facebook is people from your past can find you, whether you want them to or not.
Please tell me there isn't a hoard of fat skankies from the past hunting your ass down!!!!

Good thing about FB is that you can always block their asses, lol.