fact or rumor......

fact or rumor

Sorry for being so easily ruffled, stew.
You seem to be a good guy.
I didn't read the reply by logicticsnyc like
you did. He's stating things on another thread making it sound like there is alot going
on internally and with leadership. So I read his comment on this thread as : is not leaving (on his own accord) and not dismissed (yet)
So are we having a struggle between old
guard and new guard. If were going to compete in this industry we can't continue on
in the way we have been going all these years.
You younger guys have alot of time to
change course job wise. Im at a point that
i want to get my ducks in a row and start
thinking about those days of sitting back and enjoying the grandkids.

Stewie and others!!

FACT to this thread!

Mike Bare is no longer serve as President & CEO of the Shevell Group of Companies. Mike Shevell is (re)assuming the role. Just recently announced.

MB was terminated this AM...
Bravehart was right...there was a struggle with change between the old and the new and the old won out...those who were friends of Shevell vs. those who were freinds of Bare.

Ultimately...will the victors of this battle save the company???

MB was terminated this AM...
Bravehart was right...there was a struggle with change between the old and the new and the old won out...those who were friends of Shevell vs. those who were freinds of Bare.

hard to say. if the old guard was doing so well, why were changes made in the first place???

Stewie,

Well said. I did not know that Mike Bare was VP of sales at CCX. I am a believer that change is good, but it also needs to be embraced by all. Too many people have left the company in the past months and that I am sure said a lot......ultimately to the OWNER!!!

people are resistant to change, esp truck drivers and those involved in trucking. i think hardly giving the guy a year was unfair and not very business smart imo. i hope this wasn't a knee jerk reaction and we the workers are enlightened on what went wrong, and more importantly what the old guard now knows that it didn't before, and what's gonna happen now.

MB was terminated this AM...Bravehart was right...there was a struggle with change between the old and the new and the old won out...those who were friends of Shevell vs. those who were freinds of Bare.

I think something like this deserves its own new thread... not to get lost in the shuffle of a 27reply dicussion.

I am very close to the top of the food chain at TSG.

MB and MS could not come to an agreement on the direction to move the company forward...it come down to a simple position...MS owns the company and even though he wanted change, he was not willing to let go and allow that change to happen.

All of his winey croneys kept complaining about the the changes that were taking place, but if MB was going to take TSG to a 1B organization tough love would have to exists.

It is unfortunate that MS allowed his people to influance this decision, but it is done and since I am a friend of Bare, I may be done as well.

These things happen in this type of environment.

God help us all.

The announcement was made yesterday by Mr. Shevell. He has reassumed the position of CEO of the Shevell Group.

Logisticsnyc,
I don't think its a matter of if you are "friends"
of Shevell or Bare. Does this co want true,
lasting change, that benefits the co AND the
worker for the long haul or a bandaide that
satisfies the few who lack vision and the
willingness for selfsacrifice. Instead they survive on the backs of the workers on the
front line.
I say forget the garbage that you will be reading here or listening to at work. Reflect
on these two men for what they have stood
for , say, pick a number, for the past 30 years and come to your OWN conclusions. If they are two men of high character, then great, 2 guys decided to part ways. That's up for each one of us to decide.

Personally I think it was the best decision for Mr. Shevell to make. Mr. Bare is very unliked in this industry and the last thing NEMF needs in this time of slow freight is a CONWAY man leading it. CONWAY has it's own set of issues at the moment. Let's all wake up and face the facts Mr. Shevell will be selling NEMF within the next three years to a company called SAIA

Personally I think it was the best decision for Mr. Shevell to make. Mr. Bare is very unliked in this industry and the last thing NEMF needs in this time of slow freight is a CONWAY man leading it. CONWAY has it's own set of issues at the moment. Let's all wake up and face the facts Mr. Shevell will be selling NEMF within the next three years to a company called SAIA

And what will become of the westward expansion. NEMF is too big at this point to be sold to a SAIA

I do not think that is too far fetched. Only overlap with Saia is VA, OH, Chicago IL. 7 terminals and 2 in VA are remote operations. Is Saia a pup or van operation?

they use pups. the company they bought in ohio used vans, but they are using more and more pups all the time. i know, cuz they're next door to us. i don't think that fact that we have mainly vans would be a stumbling block really. the 48s could be rebranded and distributed thru out the saia system for p&d, as well as some of the 53's. the rest of the 53s could be sold easily i would think, esp the newer ones. the rest of the trailers like the real old ones with dinosaur poop on the roofs would be sold for scrap.

also, the company they bought in ohio was pretty small, so combining the expansion area with what they have would be good for them, prolly not for us expansion area drivers tho. we'll have to see what happens, should be interesting tho.