Holland | "Facts" from mgmt...

teamster02

TB Lurker
Credits
From an e-mail floating around today.....

* NTD data shows that in the "heartland", we have between a 16% and 23% market share. Says "We are the 500lb gorilla".

* Next day service times over 33% faster than the average carrier. (also notes 13% faster than Conway)

* Next day + 2nd day combined, we are (on average) 53% faster than the other 38 major carriers.

* 49.2% next-day coverage. More than any competitor.

* We are a stable, regional powerhouse, with plans on opening additional facilities.

* Growing sales force.

* "Just One More" doing well.

* Loyalty program showing 115% increase in affected accts. over last year.

* Velocity Centers reduced transit times from 2 day to next day on 44 lanes.

* "Thank you for helping to keep USF Holland in an industry leading market position."

Thats it! What do you think?

good for u guys

holland has allways set the bar high. u guys are the best company out there.hope ya say around for a long time.i like to bring u guys up in our meetings,gets real quite every time.

I think a 500 lb gorilla treats their young alot better than these YRC number crunchers treat us. Who got them there. I know they don't care but they will act like they do. I am suprised every time somebody in management calls me by name and not my employee number. :ranting:

I think a 500 lb gorilla treats their young alot better than these YRC number crunchers treat us. Who got them there. I know they don't care but they will act like they do. I am suprised every time somebody in management calls me by name and not my employee number. :ranting:
Seriously? Lets be honest, NONE of us in JO have it that bad. (I take that back, if you are one of the bottom 7 guys). What has yellow done to us personally? Sure, maybe behind the scenes, taking some of our freight, but as far as working conditions? I've been around a little bit, and can honestly say this is the easiest job I have ever had (in trucking). There are NO performance conditions of any kind! As long as you dont do something totally stupid, your not going to have problems here. It's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING what some guys get away with (mgmt included). I know it's not what it used to be, like at TNT or early USF, but it could be alot worse. :beerchug:

* NTD data shows that in the "heartland", we have between a 16% and 23% market share. Says "We are the 500lb gorilla".

* Next day service times over 33% faster than the average carrier. (also notes 13% faster than Conway)

* Next day + 2nd day combined, we are (on average) 53% faster than the other 38 major carriers.

* We are a stable, regional powerhouse, with plans on opening additional facilities.

* Growing sales force.

* "Thank you for helping to keep USF Holland in an industry leading market position."

That is the difference between YRC and USF. Holland appreciated the Drivers that made the Company a profit. YRC just wants more profit so they layoff more Drivers.

Why can't Yellow leave everything the same as its always been before they got their mits on all the operations of the companies they bought which were doing just fine and dandy before.

Yellow could just change their name on all of their paperwork to read.
Yellow,USF,RoadPenn.

I'm just an outsider,and I can see that working in my opinion.

union yes

this is off topic but i can say im glad we went union at ups frt. i am pretty happy to have a job,but its even better knowing i can keep it. brown gets alittle write up happy at times. thanks teamster 02

this is off topic but i can say i'm glad we went union at ups frt. i am pretty happy to have a job,but its even better knowing i can keep it. brown gets a little write up happy at times. thanks teamster 02
gangsta, I've found that the best way to stay away from the write-us is simple.....Do my job. I'm not insinuating that you don't do your job. My point is, that even if they don't like you, they can't write you up if your doing your job. And if they do write you up anyway, that is called harassment. If your doing your job, they cannot make a write-up stick anyway. That is the beauty of the grievance procedure. Use it if you need to.:1036316054:

I have a question----why does USF Holland give freight to New England to New Penn and the same freight in return is given to a non union company Wilson for delivery in the south??????

I have a question----why does USF Holland give freight to New England to New Penn and the same freight in return is given to a non union company Wilson for delivery in the south??????

Because New Penn and Wilson has used this partnership for years. And if they stop given this to Wilson they would also lose the freight that Wilson gives them. Plus Wilson covers all of the South to include Florida and Holland does not cover all of the South anymore!!!!

Because New Penn and Wilson has used this partnership for years. And if they stop given this to Wilson they would also lose the freight that Wilson gives them. Plus Wilson covers all of the South to include Florida and Holland does not cover all of the South anymore!!!!
JJ may I add Miss and Alabama to the list. But I think the Split of rev is the key to using Wilson. Since moving to the dock, I've paid closer attention to the splits between Holland, R-way and Yellow. Its amazing how much more we get in Rev than the recieving carrier. I don't believe New Penn would
agree to our term's on the splits. Wilson can haul it a lots cheaper than us.

Because they have always done it that way doesn't make it right. Surely there are cheaper carriers than New Penn that we could use, but we keep it within the company. New Penn did a similar thing with Alvan. I say screw New Penn if they dont reciprocate.

Just remember that YRC is calling the shots now. It doesn't matter whats right or wrong, what makes since and what doesn't or whats best for Holland any longer, just my opinion.

The future plan for Holland is already set in stone. YRC made the plan before they ever bought us. I'm sure they have plan A, B, and C, with some "what if this or that happens". But rest assured, we have no control over the plan. They will follow their plan through. Just my opinion. I surely hope shutting us down is not part of the plan, but if selling us off is part of it, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. :bananalama:

Morale Negative 99.9%

* Growing sales force.

They forgot employee morale: NEGATIVE 99.9%, the other 1/10% ? :butt kiss:

My math might be wrong, what DO YOU think.

GBA:USA:

BH The Poster IT DOES MATTER!!

Just remember that YRC is calling the shots now. It doesn't matter whats right or wrong, what makes since and what doesn't or whats best for Holland any longer, just my opinion.

I don't care who is calling the shots!! it DOES matter what is right or what is wrong and what makes ( I'm sure you meant SENSE ) sense and what does not, and what is best for Holland and the rest of the Regionals.

You know (BH the poster, not the MOD now ) you have to stop straddling the fence, it seems that your posts or your replies are mostly always the " Oh well there is nothing you can do about it so IT DOES NOT MATTER!!"
I got news for you, IT MATTERS!!.:chairshot: And that is just my OPINION!

P.S. I am assuming that since I am quoting BH the poster and not BH the MOD my reply will not be censored as they have been in the past.

Seriously? Lets be honest, NONE of us in JO have it that bad. (I take that back, if you are one of the bottom 7 guys). What has yellow done to us personally? Sure, maybe behind the scenes, taking some of our freight, but as far as working conditions? I've been around a little bit, and can honestly say this is the easiest job I have ever had (in trucking). There are NO performance conditions of any kind! As long as you dont do something totally stupid, your not going to have problems here. It's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING what some guys get away with (mgmt included). I know it's not what it used to be, like at TNT or early USF, but it could be alot worse. :beerchug:

Then why are you complaining all the time if it so good for you High seniority guys, maybe we should hear more from the bottom seven as you say:chairshot: and all we need is some mngmt. like TL to read your post,
Thanks T02.