Central Transport | Fading Away

"Don't it always seem to go...we don't know what we've got 'til it's gone.."

Bittersweet for me as well. I left the west chester terminal in 2012, as so many of us did. I was fortunate to have been offered a job when I wasn't looking for one. Parts of me wanted to stick around as new leadership was taking place, from Rick Gaetz stepping down (long over due) to Chris Keylon taking over at the helm. In the end, the right decision was made. And as I was leaving, all of my coworkers wish me well and good luck on my next job. I met some really good people with my time at Vitran, some of them I still keep in contact with. I wish every former PJAX/VITRAN driver nothing but the best.

You don't post for a few days and all of a sudden I'm working at ESTES ??? ha ha ha . I see you miss me so what I have to say is the weather is warming and I'm quite partial to sitting on the deck with a cold one or 7.... but since you need me to get this forum back and running i'll say this ............. the acquisition happened in October , my observation is that all former Vitran drivers that are at my terminal are slow??? on the dock and in the city??? and line haulers are always returning late ??? how am I suppose to do a 12 stop run if they are always returning late? and causing a hard cut with half the stops????? making the next day ,,,, reFNdiculous...but I see why Vitran folded they were lazy???? that's my observation...... now let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :draw::Duel:

I'm quite partial to sitting on the deck with a cold one or 7.... how am I suppose to do a 12 stop run

More like 12 steps 42

I'm quite partial to sitting on the deck with a cold one or 7.... how am I suppose to do a 12 stop run

More like 12 steps 42
would you care to be my sponsor????? maybe we can talk about the 12 steps together 1st step admitting you have a problem?? and your problem is your a back seat driver, with no life and Central is your demon and it's tearing you up inside, that your lazy butt use to milk Vitran for everything they had and did not produce enough on your end to sustain your greedy butt, Friday was all O.T. probably your most unproductive day of the week? hey if I had o.t. after 45 I'd be upset also, and also may need a 12 step program? you just don't like it and it makes me happy to know you are unhappy because you my non-friend are not a very likeable person.... now go sit in the corner and sulk about all the good things you squandered away or pull your pants up and be a man and get on with your life!!!!!

Vitran was ran into the toilet but still was better than c.t. What you get at c.t. After 48 months of service is what other ltls offer to new hires, not to mention they offer real insurance. Manny takes advantage of drivers with no o.t. Until 55 hrs and charges rates of nice insurance for that garbage he offers. If this suits you 42, it's all yours. Keep trucking.

When we were PJAX I though everything was good, even the first couple of years as Vitran weren't bad, but then the economy took a dive and management REFUSED to listen to any driver or even get our input and when it became an us vs. them environment that started the downfall once CK came in he just exasperated the problems by trying to change Vitran into fedex lite, I even asked him once about the rumor of him going on undercover boss and he shot it down saying he didn't need to go undercover to find out what was going on, in reality I don't think he wanted to know, whenever he stopped by Detroit it was conveniently after all the city drivers had left and before we came back in he was long gone.

and yes I'll admit I had a VERY bad taste in my mouth about CT, because I worked for one of Manny's "created" companies years ago and got screwed and lied to then, so when I heard he bought us I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there, I don't trust the Maroons and NEVER will, I even turned down a dispatch position because I didn't trust them and didn't want to get screwed again by them. So 42 if you want to ever hear me say anything good about CT you'll have to wait a LONG time, except I will say one good thing about CT and that is I no longer work there.

and yes I'll admit I had a VERY bad taste in my mouth about CT, because I worked for one of Manny's "created" companies years ago and got screwed and lied to then, so when I heard he bought us I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there, I don't trust the Maroons and NEVER will, I even turned down a dispatch position because I didn't trust them and didn't want to get screwed again by them. So 42 if you want to ever hear me say anything good about CT you'll have to wait a LONG time, except I will say one good thing about CT and that is I no longer work there.
I can't stand CT.............But I don't begrudge anyone that stays.........I don't understand why anyone would stay but that's not for me to understand....I will continue to stand up for what I believe is unfair treatment of it's employees .....And my stance of CT will stay the same....I can't stand the ownership. I must remain objective as a mod.......And not make personal attacks although at times I want to rip the rose colored glasses off their faces and tell them to go F themselves....With all the great LTL companies out there why would anyone want to stay with these bottom feeders.....Even starting over at the bottom it was still a no brainer....For me.

I appreciate the tear jerker story but.....Don't recall making a stand against anything except seeing if H.E. wanted to be my sponsor? wasn't defending anything...