Estes | Famous Estes dispatch/terminal sayings that are no where near true

i had one of those , had to run over the curb and a bush everytime but you could do it.

told dispatcher i was going to charge accident to him if customer ever complained about killed bush, he thought it was funny.

and another that was always delivered in straight truck, but somehow i could get in there today. had to stop in street and walk it up driveway.

had a house delivery where a guy works out of his house. told me 53's always go in his drive, was a circle drive.
i walked around it could see a fence next to it knocked down asked how did that happen he says oh last truck hit it trying to make the turn.

It is strict company policy that WE never bring Estes equipment into a residential driveway.. Our barn found that out the hard way... Trees, wires, lawn, sprinkler systems.. People wait for an idiot truck to pull in, to fix stuff that was already broken... Be careful!

It happened to me when I worked at coca cola. I went to pull into a business and noticed water was coming out of the ground and running down the street, I filled up the machine then left. The owner of the business called in and said I ran over his water pipe and busted it

It don't matter what name is on the side of freight truck its the same everywhere. There always seems to be some 27 year old college grad telling you how to pickup and deliver freight. They couldn't even release the air brakes on truck, but they know everything about the freight businesses, because they been dispatching for 6 weeks. We here it all the time ...you call deliver it on 53...they are open until 6....they have forklift...shipping is open until 5....its just 1 skid...

....We need everyone tonight. Then you discover they kept three drivers home.

....Ques: Are they hooked? Ans: Where do you think you are, Nashville?

....We have hot freight coming in, so you'll have to wait. Then you find it's not hot at all.

....There are emptys in the yard

....I know your cut time is 1:30 am but the workers are on break till 1:15. (Memphis)

....Someone will be with you in a short time, please stay on the line.

....Your call is important to us.

....We at Estes value our employees and everyone is important.

....All drivers will be out the gate by their cut time.

....Is it placarded? No, it's on the yard here are your placards.

... I'm going to have to look into it

...Get back to me next week

and straight from every page in the rule book... drum roll please.......

All rules and procedures are subject to change without notice/ or are subject to managers discretion..

:biglaugh: :nutkick:

"Thats the way we have always done it!!"

"Just tape it up, they''ll never notice"

"If the box is just crushed and torn open, just make sure the 1000 steel clips are all acounted for!"

We send 53's in there all the time! One time, I got into a place, but it took me an hour to get out! And that was after having 7 cars moved!!! :ranting2:

I know..I heard about your 9 hour wait time..We,hear at Central Dispatch,took care of that little problem for you..It won't happen again,I'll assure you..