Fat America !!!

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Fat America ??? really you ever just sit at a mall or city park and people watch ??? just count out of say 50 people that walk-wattle by are FAT ?? its like 80% !!!!! no wonder our health ins costs are so high ???? :couch:

Now you know I can't leave this one alone.

So what? Last I checked, being fat or overweight was not a crime. Or at least not yet.

It's not a crime, but you will likely have an Obamacare tax penalty in the near future for being overweight.

I have watched a lot of good documentaries on Netflix about the problem. Yes I'm overweight, I've tried many things. The videos and the books all say different things, try different things, but I still ate enough to feed a small family. I couldn't stop. I would glance at the package and see how many calories, and holy cow, I'm over for today, and half of tomorrow. Worse, if I ever decided on my 'next' diet, how would I be able to stop eating like this? I couldn't stop this any more than I was able to stop drinking, or smoking*, or a half dozen other bad habits.

My chiropractor suggested "Wheat Belly". It's a book, and/or a suggested diet, written by a doctor who was treating heart disease or diabetes or something. She said I didn't have to read the book, but just browse around the blogs and forums and read the testimonies.

I liked the book, the technical explanations are beyond my education, but the rest I understood. There is a kindle version for less than $10.

The author was treating diabetics, and was supposed to tell the patients to cut out the sweets and watch the carbs... but he looked at the research, and noticed that bread will spike your blood glucose levels higher and faster than table sugar. So he recommended his patients simply cut out the wheat, because it was the biggest offender. Of course when you cut out the wheat you will also cut out 90-95% of all processed food. They seem to put wheat in everything. Why? (another thread) Because it is addictive, and you'll buy more and eat more. Anyhow as his patient's blood sugar got under control, many of their other ailments also got better, so he started to take a closer look at wheat.

The wheat we have today is not the same as it was 50 or 100 years ago he says. It has been genetically modified. It has been modified to increase the yield, then it had to be modified to be shorter, because the bigger wheat thingy's were breaking the stalks. Then it was modified to resist insecticides and/or herbicides. Any red flags? This altered plant is not wheat, it is an altogether new plant that looks like wheat, it must be given nitrogen and insecticides to survive the environment, without these things it will die. Also, this new plant has never been tested to see if it was safe for human consumption. The author suggests it is not safe.

As you might expect, the author seems to suggests that giving up wheat may well cure all your illnesses. We are all different and react differently so ymmv, I'm still bald and have acne, but I don't get hungry like I used to, and I don't totally pig out anymore. They found that when wheat is broken down, the proteins or other components bind to the opiate receptors in your brain, so when you eat it, maybe you feel hungry again in a couple of hours, but it's really withdrawals, so you eat more that makes you more hungry. Now my previous behavior made more sense to me. When I stopped eating wheat, it was okay to get hungry, and I no longer have to stop for some horrible food at a gas station during the day. The withdrawal component of hunger was gone and in it's place, hope. When I'm ready to lose more weight, I'll eliminate the other grains, and carbs, and I'm confident I'll be successful.

My chiropractor may have shot herself in the foot, because I no longer have the back pain that was bringing me to her for adjustments. The arthritis pain is less that 5% of what it was. Also my overactive bladder is much much better thank you. I know when I've eaten wheat accidentally, I'll have to go pee like crazy, and I rip a new hole in the ozone with my flatulence.

Also the only place they can grow Monsanto's monster is in the US and Columbia, no other country will allow it. So if you see pictures of all them skinny Europeans vs the fat Americans, well this may be why.

So you count 50, 100, 200,000,000 overweight Americans that look like they don't take care of themselves, and I see an entire nation that has been poisoned, and that poison has been USDA recommended.

*I successfully quit smoking and chewing September 1 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ted
Very interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way people act anymore. People seem a lot different. Angry. They hit the edge faster and for less reasons than ever before. Young kids seem to develop faster today too. I know milk is different today too. Thanks for the summary
Btw. Did you just go cold turkey on the smokes?

I did quit cold turkey, when you understand the withdrawal and addiction components of nictotine, cold turkey really is the only way, I recommend reading on whyquit.com for more edumacation. That last time I quit was so horrible, I don't think I have it in me to quit again.

If modified wheat does this to us, what about the corn? How 'bout all that beef, chicken and pigs that are eating these modified grains? What about the hormones given to these animals? Are these animals healthy, and healthy to eat?

I've heard it argued that kids will develop faster, even hitting puberty sooner, in the absence of parents.