Fatal in Eden Spur/oh my not again?

Thanks for posting the video link Dockworker.
Now I can see this strecth of road is pretty straight.
Truckers must really be flying down this ramp,and never expect slower vehicles to be coming up so fast.

I can't believe the distance this flat bed trucker went after slamming 6,or 7 other vehicles,driving through the wet grass with his tires leaving deep grooves,and finally coming to a stop so far away from the crash scene?

This guy must have been really moving.

Coming from the North, the Edens spur ramp leads into...the Edens Expressway...Which is under massive construction.
When cars and trucks pay the toll a few miles back it usually becomes a race for pole position. into a single lane.

Traffic can breeze on through or it can suddenly come to an abrupt stop.
If you're an aggressive driver starring into your side view mirrors to insure no one will pass you this is when you crash and burn.
Obviously SMITH system driving skills would have prevented these three accidents.

Would you believe 2 more today within 1 mile of yesterdays accident .

They really need a 45 MPH sign posted well in advance as well as police presence and or speed camera set-up.

THe amount of accidents in that area is outrageous.

They really need a 45 MPH sign posted well in advance as well as police presence and or speed camera set-up.

no camera is going to slow down that traffic about 40 squads with radar might get em down to 55 mph everyone is in too big of a hurry and to go wher? in front of the truck just to slow down, its a rat race there its a me first mentality!

Fire chief: Stay off Edens Spur

In the wake of the second fatal wreck on the Edens spur in a month, Northbrook's fire chief said that if the state Toll Highway Authority doesn't make changes, no one should use the highway.

"I wouldn't let my family ride on it, and I would recommend that no one else do so, either," Chief Mark Nolan said...........

Fire chief: Stay off Edens spur

He offers some solutions to help.

These are the same people that ignore the 45 mph signs in the construction zone. What may help is getting it down to one lane right out of the toll booth until the construction is over.

These are the same people that ignore the 45 mph signs in the construction zone. What may help is getting it down to one lane right out of the toll booth until the construction is over.

With the police now posing as construction workers and white vans with photo radars planted in those 45MPH construction zones, it would be wise for the motorists to avoid getting caught and getting a 375.00 first time offense.
I believe they will slow the traffic down on the Edens spur that leads up to the construction zone.

Wauegan man dies in crash on Edens Expressway :: News Sun :: News

Heres the latest on this crash.

the driver never hit the brakes according to this latest news report.

No mechanical defects on the tractor,or trailer,just a trucker that made a very big mistake,of not focusing on the speed of traffic ahead of him.

Wow.
Semi rear ends Pick-up Truck.
Pick-up truck rear ends Mini Van and so on.

Man in mini-van not wearing seatbelt ends up dying.

I would of thought the driver in the pick-up would have had the calling.

These reports all fault the semi trucker for this crash.
He must have been the first one starting the snow plow effect.

As a continuing update:

You were right and they lowered the speed limit from 55 mph to 45 mph during the 2-3 month long construction.

Edens Spur reconfigured after crashes

Too many blind curves that came to an abrupt stop due to construction traffic.
picture2ml4.png

40125503ud5.png

Updated 6/18: Spur reduced to one lane west of Edens

The very lates on the Eden Spur,making it 1 lane. <--Apostolics topic.