Favorite Truck

I almost got a sleeper Volvo rental for my runs for UPS, but I didn't want the extra when I would never need it.

Not all the Swedish rigs have the table though. The VN680 doesn't, and someone told me that not all the VN780's do either.

I just saw this post :). Very nice interior pics, looks roomy! I almost got a sleeper Volvo rental for my runs for UPS, but I didn't want the extra when I would never need it.

I wish they would give me a sleeper, they would quickly regret it lol, maybe thats why I don't have one.

Not all the Swedish rigs have the table though. The VN680 doesn't, and someone told me that not all the VN780's do either.

The VNL430 certainly doesn't :D... I have to use the steering wheel for a make shift table.
I've never had a bunk bigger than this one in my 2013. I wouldn't know what to do with all the room in a 780.

But I will admit... Volvo makes a nice truck.

Okay, be honest... who ever uses the bed seat belts, for what they were intended for?

I don't sleep while the truck is moving.

So I don't need them. In fact the set that my truck was equipped with have long ago gone missing.

I don't sleep while the truck is moving.

So I don't need them. In fact the set that my truck was equipped with have long ago gone missing.

That is modifying company equipment, I'm writing you up, I will expect you in my office, standing tall on the carpet Monday morning, 0800 sharp...or your fired!!

That is modifying company equipment, I'm writing you up, . . . . . . .

Sorry sir, but the stuff was AWOL long before I took responsibility for Monstro.

Should we call in the previous driver and his co-driver?

. . . . . . . . . . . I will expect you in my office, standing tall on the carpet Monday morning, 0800 sharp...or your fired!!

I can't stand tall anymore. As I get older the discs in my spine are getting thinner, and a couple have ruptured. When I was 19 I was right at 6 feet, today about 5' 10, to 5' 9 3/4, I've lost over 2 inches in overall height over the last 15 to 20 years.

Maybe I can "stand short"?

Sorry sir, but the stuff was AWOL long before I took responsibility
for Monstro.

Should we call in the previous driver and his co-driver?

I can't stand tall anymore. As I get older the discs in my spine are getting thinner, and a couple have ruptured. When I was 19 I was right at 6 feet, today about 5' 10, to 5' 9 3/4, I've lost over 2 inches in overall height over the last 15 to 20 years.

Maybe I can "stand short"?
Thats different, carry on. I mean get back to work!

At 5'9" 3/4 your still taller than me so don't feel to bad, I will only shrink too, I'm sure the more I shrink the bigger my mouth will get..LOL!

Thats different, carry on. I mean get back to work!

I'm on vacation until Monday sir.

At 5'9" 3/4 your still taller than me so don't feel to bad, I will only shrink too, I'm sure the more I shrink the bigger my mouth will get..LOL!

That's funny!

big-cheesy-grincopy.png

The VNL430 certainly doesn't :D... I have to use the steering wheel for a make shift table.
I've never had a bunk bigger than this one in my 2013. I wouldn't know what to do with all the room in a 780.

That looks nice and cozy!

Yes, I suppose. If they could only get the electrical Gremlins worked out of them they would be the class of the field they are trying to be.

I would sleep like a little bitty baby in that bunk!!!!

we haven't been back to work, since New Year's day. we had a big snowstorm here, work was cancelled, then the next day, work was cancelled.

so now, it has been 4 1/2 days of the trucks sitting in the yard, sub-zero, wind chill days/nights.

i went to the yard this morning, and my truck fired right up....

so i guess for now, my favorite truck is my day cab Freightliner Cascadia....

Keep em' coming !!!! These are rEal trucks.
My Grangfather had my name across the front....when He had His business in the 60,70,and 80's
He made 36yrs...I only made it 20..... The guy was my mentor & hero. God rest His Soal

By far the truck I had that was my favorite appearance wise was my "Purple Pete" it was a pretty decent truck. Unfortunately it only had a 10 speed transmission (I am really spoiled to an 18 speed) and it wasn't the most comfortable cab as far as room but over all it was a decent truck.

ezy7ytep.jpg

She was a pretty truck. The best part of it was that it was mine, my tractor, their trailer. Of coarse the drop visor, Texas bumper, chicken lights and chrome everywhere didn't hurt my feelings.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk