FedEx Freight | FDXF Health options

Somewhere in those companies wage and benefits packages you will find where they had to hold back or eliminate benefits to offer a company paid health plan as opposed to the similar company who does not offer those benefits. There is always a set amount of Total compensation that Any company is willing to spend per employee to remain competitive in its respective industry. Just because you cannot do a cost benefit analysis does not mean that your ignorant Arithmetic is correct.

In your rush to defend your buddy, it seems that you show the same flaw. Speaking in absolutes.

Problem is, you both throw out absolute statements, without backing it up with any actual facts. Just opinion that you assume to be true. You have no way of knowing what ANY and ALL companies do. If you did, you would likely be shocked at what some do and don't do.

Much like your last sentence, you assume it to be true, but you offer zero proof, thereby sacrificing credibility. But please, feel free to keep thinking that.

The added “touch of class” really reinforces your case. <insert sarcasm>

Earnings report. I'm not trying to be smart, but why use the total company to determine bonus and not the rest of our benefits package?

Not taking it as flip at all CT, i think it is a great question, and have made known in the past that i believe asking questions is the key to acquiring information and knowledge.

Now, while I am not personally involved in these type of decisions, I will share the thoughts and opinions i have from my perspective.

I believe we do consider Corp performance in the benefits, as the health plans Corp wide are now quite similar from what i have seen. It is about balance overall to me. That is why OM is a key metric in judging performance. If an entity gets out of balance too far one way or another, it hurts consistency and creates issues. In the past, we have seen companies that combined market share and became the biggest LTL in the land, producing high levels of revenue, but making a penny on the dollar. This can lead to large swings/adjustments in different areas, which creates volatility with both employees and shareholders. The model is also generally not sustainable for long periods and subject to heavy corrections in the course of business. Basically, the goal is to have x% of revenue assigned to each area, wages/bennies, fuel, equipment, etc. If an area gets to be outside of the ideal range, adjustments are made. I would say health care costs got a little outside of target range, as those overall costs have been continuing to rise, and i believe this is the first premium increase we have seen in 2-3 years. Too many times though, i dont know that we look at what comprises our benefits and their overall cost. A good example would be that my health ins went up 17 bucks a month this year ($204 for the year). That isn't a small sum, but when one considers that just last year, the company doubled the tuition reimbursement benefit, it might be a good trade off. Basically, the company committed to an additional 2500 bucks a year for every full time employee in tuition reimbursement. It is easy to discount it if you are not pursuing higher education, but if you were to partake, 200 for 2500 seems like a good financial trade off, as simple math would show the level of commitment just that one benefit enhancement represents in dollars and cents in terms of an investment in our people. How many would consider this as an additional 2500 in total compensation?

Long story short, as a Corp we walk a fine line between meeting shareholder expectations and ensuring the people that make that happen are taken care of as well. By making incremental adjustments in areas that need it, we can avoid playing whack a mole when issues come up, which makes us more consistent with both internal and external customers. I am not currently planning to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement this year, but i also cant ignore it as part of the benefits plan that is designed to invest and take care of our people.

Sorry for the brutally long post....

Be safe!

Last edited:
Sorry, but that is not a good trade off. Why should i have to pay for someones kid for tuition reimbursement. how about at minimum to give an extra personal day off w pay to make it an even 5days a year so everyone gets the benefit

Sorry, but that is not a good trade off. Why should i have to pay for someones kid for tuition reimbursement. how about at minimum to give an extra personal day off w pay to make it an even 5days a year so everyone gets the benefit
To each his own, but the tuition reimbursement isnt for employee's kids, it is for the employee themselves. I know several folks that have continued/finished their degrees through the program. Whether it is someone working towards a second career, completing a bucket list item or just getting more knowledge, it is a good investment in our people.

To each his own, but the tuition reimbursement isnt for employee's kids, it is for the employee themselves. I know several folks that have continued/finished their degrees through the program. Whether it is someone working towards a second career, completing a bucket list item or just getting more knowledge, it is a good investment in our people.

Yes it seems like a good benefit, but im with soochee. What percentage of people actually use it? Not really a benefit unless it benefits everyone. If it was a good benefit we would have the option to use it or have a cash option if not going to use it. IMO

Hey Einstein (can I call you Einstein??), you should be careful speaking in absolutes.

Wasn't going to push it, but you asked for it. Turns out you are, in fact, wrong.

In addition to voodoo.com:
10 companies that will pay 100% of your health insurance premiums
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/companies-pay-health-insurance-0816

9 companies hiring now that cover 100% of employee health insurance premiums
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/09/9-c...nt-of-employee-health-insurance-premiums.html

You asked us to name ONE company who has not passed along increased costs. Kinda hard to pass along costs when the company pays 100%.

Class dismissed.

:smilie93c peelout:

Ah, ya got me there. 19 companies out of thousands in the US offering great, semi-free healthcare. Oh, but there are a few of those listed that don't pay 100% to family so your 19 is reduced somewhat.

YUP. I only asked for one and you found 19 minus whatever out of thousands. I'm so outmatched.

Let me go kill myself now while i contemplate how completely wrong I was.

Hope this helps... You may need to zoom in, or download (right click-save image as) to be able to read it better.

dtJHibV.jpg

mz6Z19O.jpg

d3R0My8.jpg

4B20X11.jpg

bWMAcLQ.jpg

There are additional options such as legal, pet insurance, etc.
Looking @ the monthly cost of 331.00 for the best plan re-enforces my thoughts of just how blessed I was when working for ABF Freight in Indy. Paying 0.0 each month for medical, dental, & eye was much better than 331.00. But, I did have to pay 60 bucks a month for union dues. 60 versus 331 a month. Not even a contest. von.

Yes it seems like a good benefit, but im with soochee. What percentage of people actually use it? Not really a benefit unless it benefits everyone. If it was a good benefit we would have the option to use it or have a cash option if not going to use it. IMO

Like i said to him, to each his own......we all have different values. Do you think a person who has the ability to get similar or better health coverage from their spouse places the same importance on it as a benefit that you do? It doesn't make either one right or wrong, it just shows the diverse needs of our folks and should shed a light on the difficulties in crafting a plan that meets everyones needs, while not approaching the national debt in defecit cost.....

Like i said to him, to each his own......we all have different values. Do you think a person who has the ability to get similar or better health coverage from their spouse places the same importance on it as a benefit that you do? It doesn't make either one right or wrong, it just shows the diverse needs of our folks and should shed a light on the difficulties in crafting a plan that meets everyones needs, while not approaching the national debt in defecit cost.....
During my 18 years with ABF, not 1 time did I hear that a spouse had better coverage @ her place of employment, than the Teamsters C-6 Plan. So maybe, just maybe the medical benefits are valued as much or the same versus the 2 or 3 bucks more an hour Fed-Ex pays. If you really need a surgery that costs 80 grand, that C-6 Plan will save you some serious money. von.

During my 18 years with ABF, not 1 time did I hear that a spouse had better coverage @ her place of employment, than the Teamsters C-6 Plan. So maybe, just maybe the medical benefits are valued as much or the same versus the 2 or 3 bucks more an hour Fed-Ex pays. If you really need a surgery that costs 80 grand, that C-6 Plan will save you some serious money. von.
All in ones perspective and personal needs sir. I guess my point is that utopia is pretty much impossible. There is a wide range of different companies offering different packages trying to attract the same people. The packages are constantly changing, as are what all the different people want and/or need. From my viewpoint, i dont think any company has a package that completely meets the needs of every individual. I believe that diversification is important, as is maintaining a business model that is sustainable over the long term. I am not sure i would need a juice bar or nap chairs like Google has for their employees, but i am sure some of their folks would gladly take those over some of the things I feel are important.

Take care!

Ah, ya got me there. 19 companies out of thousands in the US offering great, semi-free healthcare. Oh, but there are a few of those listed that don't pay 100% to family so your 19 is reduced somewhat.

YUP. I only asked for one and you found 19 minus whatever out of thousands. I'm so outmatched.

Let me go kill myself now while i contemplate how completely wrong I was.

:crybaby: I see it's tuff for you to admit you're wrong....:hilarious:

Looking @ the monthly cost of 331.00 for the best plan re-enforces my thoughts of just how blessed I was when working for ABF Freight in Indy. Paying 0.0 each month for medical, dental, & eye was much better than 331.00. But, I did have to pay 60 bucks a month for union dues. 60 versus 331 a month. Not even a contest. von.
And for new hire at ABF nothing but sitting at home off and on all winter. If you look close enough at a FDXF you can begin to see a method to the higher benefit cost to the employee. This nonsense that UPSF is putting me through right now is ridiculous. I haven't worked in 8 days and counting. A stable growing company is a benefit to the employee that never gets consideration until you have gone through the Teamsters rollercoaster of employment.

And for new hire at ABF nothing but sitting at home off and on all winter. If you look close enough at a FDXF you can begin to see a method to the higher benefit cost to the employee. This nonsense that UPSF is putting me through right now is ridiculous. I haven't worked in 8 days and counting. A stable growing company is a benefit to the employee that never gets consideration until you have gone through the Teamsters rollercoaster of employment.

Not trying to be an ass, but maybe you should have researched what it was like for new hires at upsf before you took the job.

Not trying to be an ass, but maybe you should have researched what it was like for new hires at upsf before you took the job.
Our terminal is one of the biggest highest volume in the system. they had not had a layoff since the Recession. Remind me of what I could have researched that would have prevented this scenario? A scenario that was unprecedented in LTL history. You seem like you want the same nonsense to occur at FDXF that just happened at UPSF so you can stick it to the Man. Be careful what you wish for, history is not on the side of the Teamsters.

Our terminal is one of the biggest highest volume in the system. they had not had a layoff since the Recession. Remind me of what I could have researched that would have prevented this scenario? A scenario that was unprecedented in LTL history. You seem like you want the same nonsense to occur at FDXF that just happened at UPSF so you can stick it to the Man. Be careful what you wish for, history is not on the side of the Teamsters.

Well it seems like you have no idea what I want. That's great it's a high volume terminal and all that, but you're still at bottom of seniority. What exactly was unprecedented in ltl history? Contract negotiations? You will be right back at it in 5 years, get used to it and quit whining about it or switch jobs.

Well it seems like you have no idea what I want. That's great it's a high volume terminal and all that, but you're still at bottom of seniority. What exactly was unprecedented in ltl history? Contract negotiations? You will be right back at it in 5 years, get used to it and quit whining about it or switch jobs.
The unprecedented Action was what UPSF did in Retaliation of the first no Vote. They shut down operations entirely until the Yes vote came in. No LTL freight co. had ever attempted such a suicidal move in LTL history. The Result will take months to be realized. You know what the IBT,s recommendation to its UPSF Members who are not called back? Apply elsewhere and file unemployment. That is some great Advice, but did the Members really need to pay dues all year for that kind of Representation? Your a very hostile forum member with an AXE to grind with everyone. How about we just agree to disagree.

The unprecedented Action was what UPSF did in Retaliation of the first no Vote. They shut down operations entirely until the Yes vote came in. No LTL freight co. had ever attempted such a suicidal move in LTL history. The Result will take months to be realized. You know what the IBT,s recommendation to its UPSF Members who are not called back? Apply elsewhere and file unemployment. That is some great Advice, but did the Members really need to pay dues all year for that kind of Representation? Your a very hostile forum member with an AXE to grind with everyone. How about we just agree to disagree.

So what would have been the difference if you all would have went on strike? I'm not hostel at all I just don't sugar coat stuff.

So what would have been the difference if you all would have went on strike? I'm not hostel at all I just don't sugar coat stuff.
Darn CT you should take that as a pat on the back even RED never called you hostile somother things but never hostile lol
how s things down in wv.?

You didn't see that coming when they stopped picking up,What did you think after the vote show up Monday work as usual with no freight in the system? Should have been around in late "70 early "80 would know about lay offs and recalls it's the trucking way.What you need to do is get down to the hall and see who is hiring and apply for unemployment, don't wait around the quicker the better. I don't know of any other advice the IBT could have given you they can't force the company to put you to work if there is NO work