Fed ex driver killed in wreck

RIP driver. looks like he swerved to miss something. His back box is lying on the opposite side. Day or night it is a dangerous job, especially with doubles and trips.. it can be over in a second.

condolences to his family. :(

The Driver is at peace now. Prayer's and Condolencec to the family and all that knew this driver.

At the time of wreck there were some heavy thunderstorms in the area

You're correct.

Newbie here, found this site while searching for info on the driver.

I am a P&D (5 vans) contractor for FedEx Ground. One of my drivers was less than 1/2 mile behind this driver on I-40. I was covering a route for another one of my drivers about 10-15 miles north of there, and had to pull over during the wind / rain storm that came through and blew down the flag pole at the gas station where I waited it out.

About 45 minutes - an hour after the storm hit, my driver to the south called and said that he had seen the set of FedEx Freight doubles heading east on I-40 when he was getting on the eastbound on ramp at Hurricane Mills. He said the rain was heavy, and it was very windy. He was only 1/2 mile or less behind the FedEx Freight driver. There is a curve right before the place where the accident happened and he lost sight of the doubles, but when he came around the curve he saw the wrecked truck.

The FedEx Freight driver was still wearing his seat belt, but was crushed back into the corner of the cab beside the driver's seat. An overhead storage compartment was down on top of his head. He was still conscious, but was severely injured and was not talking. My driver made several unsuccessful attempts to free him from the cab while reassuring the driver that help was on the way. Several people who had stopped at the scene were praying aloud. Unfortunately, the driver passed away within just a few minutes. My driver emptied his fire extinguisher on the diesel spill around the cab as a safety precaution, but there was no fire.

If anyone knows the driver's name, my driver would really like to reach out to the family. He was pretty shaken up over it.

Prayers going out to the family and to ALL those who lose loved ones in accidents like this.

God Bless your driver for doing the right thing, thank you for posting this, its a dangerous job we have. Prayers go out to the family.